Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Dahon Eezz and Jifo Fold

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Dahon Eezz and Jifo Fold

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-21, 07:52 AM
Pahana

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Dahon Eezz and Jifo Fold

Can anyone tell me what happened to this type of fold from Dahon. There was also a 20 inch version as I don't recall the name of it. I think it was the Vix d8 or something like that. Anyway was there a problem with this type of fold. Have there been any recalls for this type of fold. I have the eezz and when unfolded it feels solid but I will say that folding it down is not fun but no real complaints.
Old 03-08-21, 08:17 AM
Winfried

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 573 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 99 Posts
Never seen any in the wild. Maybe they've been end-of-lifed due to low sales?
Old 03-08-21, 06:52 PM
tcs
Palmer

Bikes: Mike Melton custom, Alex Moulton AM, Dahon Curl

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1659 Post(s)
Liked 1,806 Times in 1,052 Posts
The 20" is the Qix D8. There's now a 16" (305) Qix D3, which I ~think~ has supplanted the EEZZ D3. The Qix models fold vertically but do not have the semi-automatic seatpost lowering fold of the Jifo & EEZZ.

I get the impression from various Dahon forums that the little side-folding K3 is a yuge sales hit. Certainly, its 3-speed derailleur cassette design is an improvement over the one on the EEZZ D3

Last edited by tcs; 03-09-21 at 06:51 AM.
Old 03-09-21, 03:50 AM
Winfried

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 573 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 99 Posts
Indeed: "Inspired by both the Jifo and EEZZ 16” bikes, the QIX D3 is the new 16” version."
https://eu.dahon.com/bikes/qix-d3/
Old 05-20-21, 02:17 AM
prompt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Still using my Jifo 16 but want to try the Eezz this time, unfortunately can't seem to find one on sale anymore.
Old 05-20-21, 02:15 PM
Pahana

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by prompt
Still using my Jifo 16 but want to try the Eezz this time, unfortunately can't seem to find one on sale anymore.
I see they've been discontinued but been replaced by the Dahon K3. When I try to look for the K3 on thorusa the page is unavailable. I use mine for less than a mile ride back and forth from work. It was a big upgrade from the Carryme that I used for 4 years but not a great bike for long rides. I'd look at something like the Dahon Mariner with the internal hub. I do like the fold on the Eezz as it feels very solid. I'm not a big fan of fold in half frames but I see the Mariner has a lock jaw locking method that looks good.