Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

WTB - French threaded pedals

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-20, 07:06 PM
polymorphself 

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 837 Post(s)
Liked 1,080 Times in 521 Posts

I've got a motobecane build kicking my ass and I need some french pedals as quickly as possible (need them in hand within a week or sooner). Can anybody help out? Willing to pay for faster shipping. Quill would be nice, lyotard is just fine. Going on some Stronglight 93 cranks.
Old 09-20-20, 09:13 PM
LittleGinseng 
lurking nightrider

Bikes: '84 Lotus Supreme, '85 Club Fuji, '86 Schwinn Peloton, '87 DS Ironman Expert, '87 Maruishi Professional, '88 Takara

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 35 Posts
I might have an old set of rat trap Lyotard pedals with French threading. Checking....
"If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys." Orson Welles
Likes For LittleGinseng:
Old 09-20-20, 09:47 PM
LittleGinseng 
lurking nightrider

Bikes: '84 Lotus Supreme, '85 Club Fuji, '86 Schwinn Peloton, '87 DS Ironman Expert, '87 Maruishi Professional, '88 Takara

Ok. Looks like I have a pair of Lyotard 460D Lyotard double-sided platform pedals from the 70's, maybe the 60's. I haven't looked at the spindles to determine the approximate manufacture date.

"If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys." Orson Welles
Likes For LittleGinseng:
Old 09-20-20, 09:48 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4510 Post(s)
Liked 6,377 Times in 3,667 Posts
Originally Posted by polymorphself
I've got a motobecane build kicking my ass and I need some french pedals as quickly as possible (need them in hand within a week or sooner). Can anybody help out? Willing to pay for faster shipping. Quill would be nice, lyotard is just fine. Going on some Stronglight 93 cranks.
This would be my solution, requires a set of expendable regular thread pedals stripped down to the spindles.

Cut grooves to make rethreaders and change the cranks.

PM if you want more help with this.

Old 09-20-20, 09:50 PM
LittleGinseng 
lurking nightrider

The spindles spin very freely. Definitely need grease. I don't see any discernible damage.
Old 09-21-20, 08:52 AM
LittleGinseng 
lurking nightrider

If you're interested in these pedals, PM me and we can discuss price and shipping.
Old 09-21-20, 07:45 PM
polymorphself 

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 837 Post(s)
Liked 1,080 Times in 521 Posts
Well, in a crazy but very C&V turn of events, a 1972 PX10 showed up in my area for very cheap in my size so of course I picked it up...and the pedals are French threaded! So I’ll be using those and figuring out what to do with the (very ratty but straight) PX10 later on. Thanks though LittleGinseng !
Old 09-21-20, 07:54 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4510 Post(s)
Liked 6,377 Times in 3,667 Posts
Well, in a crazy but very C&V turn of events, a 1972 PX10 showed up in my area for very cheap in my size so of course I picked it up...and the pedals are French threaded! So I’ll be using those and figuring out what to do with the (very ratty but straight) PX10 later on. Thanks though LittleGinseng !
The PX-10 could be "upgraded" to "normal" threading easy, peasy.

You can send em to me if you like and want it done.
Old 09-21-20, 09:13 PM
LittleGinseng 
lurking nightrider

You're welcome, polymorphself. Glad it all worked out.
Likes For LittleGinseng: