Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Problems with resistance using Rouvy

Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Problems with resistance using Rouvy

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-23, 07:07 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 687 Posts
Originally Posted by BrokenShifter
Hi,

I tried changing the wheel circumference in the Wahoo app while simultaneously riding in Rouvy and this does the trick indeed. I can offset gearing range this way as you mentioned. It's great that it reacts in real time to the adjustments, so it's easy to fine tune the resistance.
so this is still a problem and you are getting no love from rouvy?
Old 02-12-23, 08:48 AM
BrokenShifter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spelger
so this is still a problem and you are getting no love from rouvy?
It is actually a problem that my friend has. We tried doing same climb on Rouvy: around 5% grade, I rode on a medium gear (34 front, 18 rear), my friend was on his easiest gear (34 front, 32 rear). I was producing 130W with cadence 80 maintaining low speed, around 8kph. My friend on the lightest gear was incapable of continuing with me, because he had to produce more than 300W with a very low cadence just to keep up with me. Strange, as we both have Wahoo Kickr Core, same firmware, same Rouvy version.
Old 02-12-23, 02:30 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 687 Posts
It is actually a problem that my friend has. We tried doing same climb on Rouvy: around 5% grade, I rode on a medium gear (34 front, 18 rear), my friend was on his easiest gear (34 front, 32 rear). I was producing 130W with cadence 80 maintaining low speed, around 8kph. My friend on the lightest gear was incapable of continuing with me, because he had to produce more than 300W with a very low cadence just to keep up with me. Strange, as we both have Wahoo Kickr Core, same firmware, same Rouvy version.
what is the setup? Phone (what kind), COMPUTER (what kind). What else...allpe TV? These aer other differences that may play a role.
Old 02-13-23, 02:47 AM
nicocyclo

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Have you tried calibrating your trainer?
support.rouvy.com/hc/en-us/articles/10720842424593-Calibration
Here is a link to the ROUVY page where it is all described.
Old 02-13-23, 01:19 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 873 Post(s)
Liked 726 Times in 436 Posts
Riding 34x18 at 80rpm in real life would be at more than twice the speed that you're seeing on Rouvy. Either your trainer is badly miscalibrated or your settings are wrong on Rouvy, like wrong weight or not actually using your Kickr Core as a controllable.
Old 02-13-23, 01:31 PM
BrokenShifter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by surak
Riding 34x18 at 80rpm in real life would be at more than twice the speed that you're seeing on Rouvy. Either your trainer is badly miscalibrated or your settings are wrong on Rouvy, like wrong weight or not actually using your Kickr Core as a controllable.
I might be remembering the speed incorrectly. My setup mimics real world perfectly in Rouvy and I enjoy it. It's my friend's setup that has problems - even a small grade climb in Rouvy makes it impossible for him to climb even at the easiest gear. What matters, it looks like he isn't the only one that has such a problem and I found a workaround solution for him to use wheel circumference adjustment as a way of adjusting gear range in Rouvy. Someone else might find it helpful.
Old 09-17-23, 06:55 PM
Acadianbob

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 5 Posts
I might be remembering the speed incorrectly. My setup mimics real world perfectly in Rouvy and I enjoy it. It's my friend's setup that has problems - even a small grade climb in Rouvy makes it impossible for him to climb even at the easiest gear. What matters, it looks like he isn't the only one that has such a problem and I found a workaround solution for him to use wheel circumference adjustment as a way of adjusting gear range in Rouvy. Someone else might find it helpful.
This works beautifully!! Thank you so much.