Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > For Sale
Reload this Page >

FS: 1989 Bridgestone RB-1 Synergy - City Build (59cm)

Search
Notices
For Sale Items for sale, bicycle and cycling related items only, please! Requires upgraded Membership to post new threads. This forum is intended for individual members to sell their bikes and bike related gear, and not for commercial ventures or company sales. Prices must be quoted up front, we are not an auction site, and do not link to your ebay auctions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-23, 12:46 AM
The Thin Man 

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 243 Times in 114 Posts

I offer up my personal city bike, basket build for your consideration. I wanted a svelte, fun, silent, whippy classic steel bicycle to take advantage of both the wonderful summertime riding and the flat terrain of where I live. But I also wanted to have the ability to carry a small bit, like my camera or a parcel to the post office. The RB-1 was perfect. I pulled the drivetrain and left it pure and simple as a single speed. The Wald up front carries what you need and the Soma bars help keep you just upright enough, yet in a spirited riding position.

Overall, this bicycle is in very good condition being garage kept, bike enthusiast owned and only ridden in the summer (fenders are cheap insurance as a "just in case"). It's been cleaned, a couple chips expertly touched up, polished, oiled, lubed and ready for a hot season of riding that is just around the corner.

Zip around the town to pick up an item or two at the grocery store or pull everything but the wheels and rebuild it back to its drop-bar racing heritage to take out on the open road with the speed and agility of a shark.

Price: $ SOLD $
PayPal, Zelle or Venmo. Price listed is net to me. PayPal Goods transaction please add 4%.
If you are interested in shipping, I will ship anywhere in the US though I will only do so by dropping the bike off at a trusted local shop for boxing and BikeFlights shipping. I understand this process adds to the cost but I have backed away from boxing bikes up myself any longer due to liabilities and previous bad experiences. Therefore, professional boxing is a flat $100 and buyer to pay the actual shipping charges.
I am located in Corvallis, Oregon and would be delighted for a local sale.

Specs are as follows:
Color: Scarlet
Frame Size: 59cm (C-T) seat tube; 58cm (C-C) top tube
Frame: Ishiwata EX 4130 Triple Butted Chrome Molly Tubes
Fork: Cr-Mo
Bars: Soma Odin; Black
Bar Grips: Cork; Black
Stem: Technomic
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite
Seat Post: Unbranded; Aerodynamic
Crankset: Shimano 600; Shimano SG chainring 42T; 172.5mm
Brake Levers: Tektro
Brake Calipers: Shimano 600; Shimano pads
Freewheel: Shimano SF-MX30; 18T
Hubs: Front: Shimano 600; Rear: Surley 1x1
Wheels: Mavic Open Pro; 32 hole
Tires: Continental Gatorskin; 700×23
Pedals: Forte flat/SPD combo
Fenders: SKS Chrome Plastic; Silver
Basket: Wald 137; Black
Special Features: Two bottle cage mounts; Chain rest; Pump peg

Last edited by The Thin Man; 06-08-23 at 10:48 PM.
Likes For The Thin Man: