Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Market Value for Revolution E-Stay(Ellison) MTB?

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-23, 03:40 PM
Desert Ryder
Henderson, NV

Bikes: Trek Alpha 3700, GT STS DH, Raleigh Grand Prix, Fisher Montare, Fisher CR-7, Fisher Aquila, Diamondback Sorrento, The Bike Beat Revolution, KHS XC 504R

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 589 Times in 285 Posts

I picked up the bike for $75 and it rides nicely.
To get the bike to fit better I'm going to replace the straight seatpost with a micro-adjust one. I think I'll add a stem that is a bit longer.
I plan on keeping this one but am curious about its actual value.

Here's the parts list so far:
White leather Turbo Saddle
DiaCompe 986 Cantilever Brakes Front/Rear
DiaCompe SS5 Brake Levers
Fisher Mountain Bikes Headset
Fisher Stem
Sun Tour XC Pro Crank Set
Sun Tour XC Pro Rear Derailleur
Sun Tour XC Comp Front Derailleur
Sun Tour XC Comp Thumb Shifters
Mavic M231 Rims Front/Rear
Sun Tour Sprint Hubs Front/Rear
Mavic Front QR
Sun Tour Rear QR
GT All Terra Seatpost QR
Bontrager Revolt Tires 46/50 Rear 49/53 Front

Old 06-02-23, 09:45 PM
Desert Ryder
Henderson, NV

Bikes: Trek Alpha 3700, GT STS DH, Raleigh Grand Prix, Fisher Montare, Fisher CR-7, Fisher Aquila, Diamondback Sorrento, The Bike Beat Revolution, KHS XC 504R

Serial # looks like 90E029
Old 06-03-23, 06:11 PM
Desert Ryder
Henderson, NV

Some info:
Made by Ellison for The Bike Beat bike shop.

Memories from another user on a different forum:
"The Revolution bikes were almost forgotten to me until you posted this. Thanks for sharing it. The Bike Beat was, at the time, the best mountain bike shop in the country, maybe the world. They had everything you could think of and stuff you couldn't even think of. They would have new products before anyone else. They were located in Orange County, near the 91 frwy and Klassel, right off the Santa Ana River Trail. I was really surprised when they closed their doors and I can't recall why they did."
Old 06-03-23, 10:09 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Bike has minimal value fully assembled but parted out, you have $500 in Suntour bits and pieces (if not beat up) plus maybe another $75 for that saddle

frame looks like a Kinesis build judging by those welds. I do like e-stays though myself, but they were a 2 year fad that never caught on.

Last edited by DMC707; 06-03-23 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-04-23, 07:16 AM
Desert Ryder
Henderson, NV

Originally Posted by DMC707
Bike has minimal value fully assembled but parted out, you have $500 in Suntour bits and pieces (if not beat up) plus maybe another $75 for that saddle

frame looks like a Kinesis build judging by those welds. I do like e-stays though myself, but they were a 2 year fad that never caught on.
Thanks. I like the bike so actual value isn't what I care about. I knew it was worth it in parts alone. I plan on keeping and riding this one. I like the e-stay also. That's what drew me to buy it.
It's an Ellison built frame. That I'm 99% sure of.
Old 06-07-23, 09:16 PM
Desert Ryder
Henderson, NV

I keep looking for info about the bike and where it came from, Bike Beat.

The shop is mentioned in this MBA article from 1991:

"Bike Beat in Orange County was one of the premier bike shops in the country and certainly the Los Angeles. There was a close relationship between MBA and Bike beat and according to Doug many bikes that were sent to MBA for test reviews came back adorned with Bike Beat decals."

"although Doug believes this bike was built only for the test and specifically made to fit Zap from MBA it may have been sent to Bike Beat for assembly and thus recorded that way in the ledger, but there is no way to confirm that. Bike #175 was also annotated with an (EASTON) comment and was logged under Cambria bike (another major bike shop in California."

Bike Beat is mentioned a few times in this thread, Defunct bike shops.

https://www.socaltrailriders.org/thr...s.54411/page-4

The Bike Beat bike shop decal

Last edited by Desert Ryder; 06-08-23 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-25-23, 08:52 AM
Desert Ryder
Henderson, NV

An information breakthrough on my Bike Beat Revolution bike. July 1991 issue of Mountain Bike Action.