Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

CAAD owners: Factor Ostro or Specialized Aethos?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-22, 09:53 AM
Robert A

Bikes: 2019 CAAD12, 2015 Specialized Sirrus Comp

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 45 Posts

CAAD12 owner here. I'm starting to look at other bikes but really enjoy the unique character and handling of the CAAD. I had a chance to briefly test ride an Aethos Expert, and it's the only bike I've ridden that comes close to my current bike in terms of handling and cornering. I have no opportunity to test the Factor bikes.

Have any CAAD owners ridden either the Aethos, or either the Factor Ostro or the 02? Can you provide a meaningful comparison?
Old 07-19-22, 04:39 AM
bruce19

Bikes: CAAD 12, MASI Gran Criterium S, Colnago World Cup CX & Guru steel

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1743 Post(s)
Liked 1,280 Times in 740 Posts
I have a CAAD 12 too and I love it. I don't have experience with the other two bikes. But, my GF just bought a Canyon Ultimate and it is exceptional. I just bought a 2016 Guru Photon that came with all Dura Ace and weighed 14 lb 8 oz without pedals. It's my 6th bike so I'm not shopping but if I was I'd be looking at Canyon, Storck, Basso and Rose for starters. 'there are lots of good options out there assuming you can overcome supply issues and actually get one.
Old 07-19-22, 06:16 AM
DaveSSS 

Bikes: Cinelli superstar disc, two Yoeleo R12

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1097 Post(s)
Liked 559 Times in 446 Posts
Review the head tube angle, fork offset and trail of prospective frames. You'll probably find most to be quite similar. Some of the Italian brands will have more trail. Larger frames often have less trail and smaller ones more trail. Soon I'll report on my bargain priced Yoeleo R12.