Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

Campagnolo brake drop bolt: incompatible?

Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Old 03-29-23, 07:38 AM
tiger1964 

Bikes: Drysdale/Gitane/Zeus/Masi/Falcon/Palo Alto/Raleigh/Legnano

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 971 Post(s)
Liked 624 Times in 399 Posts

KILL THIS - WRONG SUB-FORUM

Well, I was OK with the rear brake being a wee bit short; I knew drop bolts existed. So, I ordered one from a parts seller (NOT eBay), the price was OK and "near mint". It arrived last night and i just started assembly of the brake and ? Brake arms won't go on. The micrometer says shaft is 6.04mm, hole in brake arms 5.95mm. Yeah, "Campagnolo compatible" no markings. Anyone run into this? Perhaps later brakes than the Record used a different diameter, and this bolt is for that? Goes to show, "universal application" is relative; perhaps it fits Dura-Ace brakes?

Tempted to bore out the brake arms but I presume I'd never get it right.

Last edited by tiger1964; 03-29-23 at 07:46 AM. Reason: wrong forum