Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

New cassette and chain, now getting vibration

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Old 07-18-12, 10:39 AM
da_guy2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I recently replaced my 7 speed cassette and chain as they were getting quite worn out. It was the first time I'd done it, but everything seemed to go OK at the time.

When everything was finished I took the bike for a test ride, and noticed that in the three smallest rear sprockets I could feel a vibration in the pedals when peddling. Looking closely at the movement of the chain it appears as if when the chain leaves the sprocket it's pulled to the left and rubs against the neighboring sprocket. I'm not sure if this is whats causing the vibration but its the only thing I can see. I tried adjusting the rear derailleur but nothing seems to make a difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!