Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Does anyone have a Lambert rear derailleur

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-20, 02:04 PM
Z3027R

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Hello,
I have a lambert and am looking for a rear derailleur. If anybody has one they would sell me, please let me know. Thanks!
Old 12-02-20, 02:12 PM
clubman 
Phyllo-buster

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Quoted: 2297 Post(s)
Liked 2,054 Times in 1,254 Posts
Originally Posted by Z3027R
Hello,
I have a lambert and am looking for a rear derailleur. If anybody has one they would sell me, please let me know. Thanks!
Technically you need a membership to post in the Buy and Sell thread, which is the correct place for this post. However, you're new and I forgive you ..interestingly there's an ad on that same thread for Lambert stuff.
Old 12-02-20, 05:05 PM
Z3027R

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
ok, thanks for your help
Old 12-02-20, 08:30 PM
sykerocker 

Bikes: The keepers: 1958 Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix, 1968 Ranger, 1969 Magneet Sprint, 1971 Gitane Tour de France, 1973 Raleigh Tourist, 3 - 1986 Rossins, and a '77 PX-10 frame in process.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 129 Posts
First off, good luck finding one. Fully 99% of them ended up on the scrap heap. The fastest one of I know of that failed was at a bicycle shop I was working at that sold them. The customer made is 1/3rd of the way home when it failed (he was dropped off at the shop to pick it up), and we had to replace it with a Sun Tour.

Secondly, if you do find manage to find one, don't mount it. Put it in a nice clear plastic case and keep it with the (I assume) restored to original Lambert. And install a 1973 vintage Sun Tour in its place, for actual riding. To say they're horrible is to be charitable.

“No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.”

H.L. Mencken, (1926)

Likes For sykerocker: