Search
Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Grand Tour race book?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-20, 08:37 PM
jimmyodonnell

Bikes: Specialized Langster SS Specialized Sirrus X 4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 37 Posts
Grand Tour race book?

Just curious here --
Has anyone ever had the opportunity to review the "race book" issued to the teams and riders for a grand tour?
I hear it referred to frequently on the international / ad-free broadcast of the grand tours as I'm watching the replays via NBC Gold.
It's also mentioned frequently on Armstrong's podcast The Move, he or Johann always have one on-hand to refer to when describing the stage routes.
it sounds cool to me, I'd be interested to see it one day to further my understanding of how teams prepare for the routes.
Old 05-01-20, 06:04 PM
jimmyodonnell

I found a link with dozens of them from 2018 + 2019 in PDF, but I'm unable to copy the link here.
Old 06-16-20, 06:09 AM
Sentionc
Banned

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Someone know where can i buy it?
Old 06-16-20, 08:01 PM
jimmyodonnell

Originally Posted by Sentionc
Someone know where can i buy it?
They're not issued for the public, they're issued to team personnel / race personnel so they're not widely available. The link I found had dozens from races of recent years and the files were downloadable. to find a had copy to buy I guess search for them on eBay / craigslist / etc. . I would have copied the link here when I found it but I was unable to include links, photos, or files at the time I wrote the earlier post. I'm attaching one file from the Amstel Gold race here but I've never attached files before . . .
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2019 - Amstel Gold Race.pdf (4.33 MB, 4 views)