Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Miele Experts, Need Your Help

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-21, 09:46 AM
roccobike
Bike Junkie

Location: South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Roubaix, Giant OCR-C, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 84 Nishiki Medalist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 27 Posts

The charity I do volunteer work with was given a repainted, vintage road bike. Through help on this forum, especially from forum member Doug Fattic, we determined it's a Miele. Turns out,, once it was identified here, we could now decipher the debossing on the bottom bracket that says "Miele" so we're certain of the brand. I decided to do additional research, looking at the different models Miele made. While I've given up trying to determine the model, there is one aspect about this bike that I would like to either prove or disprove. The bike has a braze-on front derailleur mount. In my research, looking at over 20 different Miele pics of their bikes with braze-on front derailleur mounts, every one of them that identified the brand of tubing was Columbus. Certainly there were plenty of pics of Miele's that used other tubing, but none of them had a braze on front derailleur mount.
My question is, can I conclude that the bike in question is made from Columbus tubing or is anyone aware of a Miele model that had a braze on front derailleur mount and wasn't made from Columbus tubing? Not interested in what other brands did, only Miele.
Pics of the bike: