Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Di2 E-Tube issues

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Di2 E-Tube issues

Old 06-12-21, 09:07 AM
ZHVelo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 161 Posts
Di2 E-Tube issues

Hi all,

I have two issues with e-tube

1. For synchro shift for the coming down selection I can only select 2nd to 4th cogs to perform the shift to the small ring up front. I would like to try the 5th cog to do so but it will not allow that. Coming up one can select also just three, the 4th to 6th smallest and here I have the 5th smallest selected. Is this normal?

2. Under Maintenance, I cannot select the derailleur adjustment tabs, it is as if they are greyed out, they are not selectable. What can I do?

Thanks.
Old 06-13-21, 07:55 PM
Barry2 
LR÷P=HR

Bikes: 1981 Holdsworth Special, 1993 C-dale MT3000 & 1996 F700CAD3, 2018 Cervelo R3 & 2022 R5, JustGo Runt, Ridley Oval, Kickr Bike 8-)

Quoted: 862 Post(s)
Liked 1,194 Times in 687 Posts
My old Win 7 Pro pc won’t allow me to adjust the Derailleurs with the USB connection.
I can see all the components, and do updates.
I use my iPad over Bluetooth for derailleur adjustments.

Barry
Old 06-13-21, 11:57 PM
Kimmo 
bike whisperer

Bikes: https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=152015&p=1404231

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1523 Post(s)
Liked 716 Times in 508 Posts
You could try the older version of e-tube.

And the restrictions on syncro depend on what chainrings and cogs it thinks you're running; you could try lying to it.
Likes For Kimmo:
Old 06-14-21, 01:04 AM
TerryDi2C
Di2 fanatic

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
Regarding (1): if you're using FD-6870 or FD-9070, this could be correct. For some reason these front derailleurs limit the freedom you have setting up synchronized shift:
There are also some 'rules' on setting it up and the limits for shifting up change depending on how the shifting down limits are set (same the other way around) and also the chain rings / cassette.

Like Kimmo said, the older version of E-Tube (3.4.5 vs 4.0.4) is always a good idea if you're using the charger to connect to the bike. Version 4 isn't all that great when used with the charger.

(the white boxes on the right of each window below show where you can put the top=>low shift point. Yes, the chain rings are different, but in this case that made absolutely no difference)

Likes For TerryDi2C:
Old 06-14-21, 04:51 AM
ZHVelo

Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 161 Posts
Thank you for the replies!
Likes For ZHVelo: