Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Sling Cycles Tagati

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-21, 01:38 AM
bozzopi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Sling Cycles Tagati

Good day, I m new on this forum. I m from South Africa. I m looking in to buying titanium gravel bike and I would like to support local business. I came on to this guys slingcycles.
I never heard about them before. It seams that they are quite good airplane manufacturer, but not a lot info about the bicycle. Anyone heard about them? Thx

Last edited by cb400bill; 07-21-21 at 04:34 AM.
Old 07-21-21, 05:26 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3655 Post(s)
Liked 5,392 Times in 2,737 Posts
Seems like a nice bike. Threaded bb, flat mount, thru axles, really good tire clearance. Please report back if you get one. https://slingcycles.com/our-bikes/
Old 07-21-21, 06:45 AM
bozzopi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I will go and ride demo soon and let you know.
Likes For bozzopi:
Old 07-21-21, 08:53 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 3129 Post(s)
Liked 1,698 Times in 1,026 Posts
Originally Posted by bozzopi
I will go and ride demo soon and let you know.
I haven’t heard of them until now, but looking at their site, I like how open and transparent they are, like with “stop by the hangar for a test ride,” listing pricing, and the open invitation to join their weekly company ride. That’s cool, IMO.

I did trip across Calculus Cycles recently, and they’re in ZA making some pretty sophisticated Ti bikes. I don’t know anything about them other than what I’ve seen in pics, but it appears they do some neat tube shaping and their finishing aesthetic is sharp indeed. Have you seen those?
Old 07-22-21, 02:21 AM
bozzopi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I saw one, one time. They look nice but are really expensive.