Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

Cycles Toussaint Randonneur Bike for Sale

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-22, 10:28 AM
VRJAKE 

Bikes: Bakers dozen is the limit!

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked 445 Times in 140 Posts

Posting for a friend - can vouch that this bike is in excellent condition, very well cared for:

Cycles Toussaint Velo Routier frameset, 54cm seat tube x 55cm top tube, classic low trail (30mm) randonneuring design, double butted cr-mo (steel) tubing. This was my first frame of this design and it spurred me on to order a semi-custom frameset of similar design that has become my main rider. The CT became my commuter until covid and it hasn’t been ridden in the last few years. The bike has never been crashed or even dropped, blue paint is in great shape. It is currently set up as a single speed with upright bars, but you can set it up in many configurations, details are:
• Rear spacing is 132.5mm to fit modern 130 or 135mm rear hubs
• Horizontal rear dropouts to easily allow single speed setup
• Fender friendly with threaded fitting under fork crown for 5mm bolt/screw and the same under the rear seatstay bridge and side of the chainstay bridge, islets on frame and fork dropouts
• Fits 650bx42mm tires with fenders
• Head tube is extended on the top to allow higher handlebar position even with classic horizontal top tube geometry
• Brakes, set up for center-pull type rim brakes, there are standard braze-on posts on the frame and Dia Compe 750’s are provided with the frameset. I had MAFAC Raid brakes on this bike which worked great for 650b setups. Note that PAUL brakes do not fit the posts since they require canti posts.
• Down tube shift lever boss braze-on's
• Fork and frame braze-on’s for bags and panniers, I used a Velo Orange front rack on this bike with Acorn bag. I bought a Cycles Toussaint front rack that does not work well. I will give to the buyer, maybe it can be reshaped
• Pump pegs on left seat stay, no pump provided
• Water bottle cage braze-ons on down tube and seat tube, 2 sets
• English threaded bottom bracket

Link to images:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/193471...77720301973081

Setup includes
o 650b wheel set with Velo Orange rims, DT spokes and Miche low flange hubs, straight and round, hubs are super smooth with cartridge bearings, shimano single speed freewheel (17t I think), Grand Bois 650b x 32mm tires
o Campagnolo NR crankset (172.5)with Avocet 42t chainring, Campi bottom bracket
o needle bearing headset
o Dia Compe 750 center pull brakes
o Specialized quill stem with curved upright bars and classic Weinmann brake levers
o Brooks Cambium Carved C-15 saddle and 27.2 SR seatpost
o Blackburn bottle cage
o Velo Orange 52mm 650b fenders, silver color new in the package.

$750 for everything listed in setup, pedals shown are not included
Likes For VRJAKE:
Old 09-11-22, 10:58 PM
The Thin Man 

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 243 Times in 114 Posts
I have this feeling that the Cycles Toussaint brand just isn't very much on the radar here. These are exceptional bicycles and I'm both relieved (full stable, not much capital, etc.) and saddened this isn't my size.
Also, this is a fantastic deal for the right person. Add a few centimeters and I very well could be driving up to Portland just to take a look...

Good luck with the sale!
Likes For The Thin Man:
Old 09-18-22, 04:10 PM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,829 Times in 1,995 Posts
I looked at these when available, as I recall not currently. My size range too...

a terrible Siren calling
Old 09-19-22, 10:10 AM
VRJAKE 

Bikes: Bakers dozen is the limit!

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked 445 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by repechage
I looked at these when available, as I recall not currently. My size range too...

a terrible Siren calling
Happy to put you in touch with my friend, the owner. He's very congenial and takes great care of his bikes. Cheers!
Old 09-19-22, 03:09 PM
panzerwagon 
Garage tetris expert

Bikes: A few. Ok, a lot

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Liked 692 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by repechage
a terrible Siren calling
We should finally rename the site to this. Joined with only two bikes. Now...? <shudder>
Likes For panzerwagon: