Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

SRAM AXS 56/43 dimensions related issue

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-22, 05:18 PM
bostongarden
meow

Bikes: 2016 Parlee Altum, 2013 Cannondale Super Six Evo Hi Mod Di2 only, 2011 Cannondale Super Six, Dura Ace 7800, 2007 Cannondale System Six Dura Ace 7800, 1992 Bridgestone RB-1, MB-2, MB-3, MB-5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

I have a Parlee Altum rim frame in small, Di2 (6870) that I run with a Shimano 7800 56/39 chainrings (and with an 11-xx cassette in the back). It fits fine, and works totally fine. Zero issues whatsoever.

I am curious about SRAM's AXS 56-43 with a 10-xx cassette in the back. However, because the Shimano 7800 with the 56t big ring fits/works fine with the 6870 front der, is it reasonable to assume that the SRAM AXS 56/43 with its crank, and front der will fit/work fine?

I do know for the SRAM 56/43 that the upper fixation bolt height is 162.5, and the lower fixation bolt height is 154.5 (center of BB to center of fixation bolt on fd). Sure, I could remove my 7800 crank, and then measure as best I can -- I don't have a super-precise measuring device (but could get one) -- the distance from the middle of the BB to the middle of the bolt. But, before doing that, thought I'd ask here for your expert thoughts, such as
- if the Shimano 7800 56t works, then sure, the SRAM 56t big ring should work fine, or
- yup, I've seen SRAM 56t big ring on an altum, and it works fine, or,
- it depends, here are some other factors that need to be considered....

I'm also happy to be pointed in the direction of specs that would help me assess things before I buy parts.

Thank you.