Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Miyata Royal Blue paint match

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-23, 02:07 PM
dweenk

Bikes: Lots of English 3-speeds, a couple of old road bikes, 3 mountain bikes, 1 hybrid, and a couple of mash-ups

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 335 Times in 225 Posts

I have a Miyata 1000 that needs some paint touch up. In the catlogs it is called "Royal Blue" and it seems to have a little bit of purple in it to my eye. Nearly all of the scrapes have the primer coat intact, so I only need a small amount of touch up. I can probably mix some Testors to match. But I would appreciate advice.
Old 06-09-23, 02:41 PM
Schweinhund

Bikes: a couple

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked 862 Times in 455 Posts
CVS and Dollar Tree are my go to's.
Old 06-09-23, 03:08 PM
Lattz

Bikes: 80s Alan Super Record, 79' Somec Special, 90s Rossin(?) Columbus Ego Triathlon, previously: Bianchi SBX Reparto Corse (stolen) and so on...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked 812 Times in 602 Posts
As you already mentioned Testors, think about the other alternative, nail polish, since it comes in plenty of colors, e.g. have a look at this, although here it was mentioned for GIOS, might be good for a start Alternatively, if you have a car body shop around your area, they might have good suggestions or reference books. With those you can order touch ups online in any form.