Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

LeMond RevMaster?

Old 01-26-22, 01:37 PM
VtwinVince

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 244 Times in 142 Posts
LeMond RevMaster?

Anyone have experience with one of these?
Old 01-26-22, 05:12 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4273 Post(s)
Liked 4,707 Times in 2,907 Posts
No, but it sounds cool
Old 02-15-22, 10:25 AM
DaveLeeNC

Bikes: 2020 Trek Emonda SL6, 90's Vintage EL-OS Steel Bianchi with 2014 Campy Chorus Upgrade

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked 162 Times in 110 Posts
I am kind of late to the game, but (slightly) better late than never. I owned and rode a Lemond Revmaster Sport for about 11 years. My experience was mostly positive with two exceptions.

First, once you changed the resistance it seemed to take a handful of seconds to find a new resistance level. And (for example) if you wanted to dial up the resistance say 15'ish percent, that might take 30 seconds or so to find that new level (the last five years I had Garmin Vectors on the bike, BTW). I found that irritating, although the pedaling (once you found a level) was quite smooth. I don't know if this is normal for spin bikes or not. I did replace the leather resistance strap, BTW.

Several years into my ownership the bottom bracket began to squeal and 'bump' when riding. I got great support from Hoist Fitness in how to install a new one. I would guess that I was maybe 300 hours of riding in at that point. Then a few years later, same thing. Then another few years - same thing. On the 4th new BB there was clearly something wrong as when I tightened the BB to spec, it would not turn properly. So I tightened it to just below the point that it was hard to turn. And maybe 20 hours of riding later more squealing and bumping. So I gave up on the bike and bought a smart bike.

So my experience with the Lemond was kind of mixed.

dave
Old 02-22-22, 11:35 AM
VtwinVince

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 244 Times in 142 Posts
Thanks for the feedback Dave. I picked one up from a local auction as a rec centre was getting rid of a few of these. I've been using it for a couple of weeks, and I see what you mean about the tension issue. Hopefully my BB won't fail!