Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

eBay / CraigsList finds - "Are you looking for one of these!?" Part II

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.
View Poll Results: ...
a
100.00%
b
100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

eBay / CraigsList finds - "Are you looking for one of these!?" Part II

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-22, 08:55 PM
WGB 
WGB

Bikes: Panasonic PT-4500

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1800 Post(s)
Liked 2,334 Times in 1,378 Posts
Not sure why anyone would want one of these but this is C&V and bound to be someone who can use them.....

Posted 9hrs ago in Allentown, PA

https://allentown.craigslist.org/bop...510355909.html

2 Shimano "FF System" Cranksets - $10 (Easton)For sale are 2 used Shimano "Integer 2" (i.e., 2 chainrings) Front Freewheel ("FF") System cranksets. As you can see from the photos, one is a cotter pin style (from a Nishiki FFS) and one is cotterless (from a Panasonic Tourist 10). Included with the two complete cranks sets (i.e., all hardware, axel, chainrings (52/39), crank arms) is a set of vintage pedals from the Nishiki, and one rear 5-speed cluster for the FF system (the high friction cluster allows the front freewheel to actuate). A standard freewheel can be used with the FF crankset but will not engage the front freewheel mechanism (unless you work your mojo on a standard freewheel).

The FF system was developed by Shimano and was common in the early 80's on many Japanese bikes as well as some Schwinn, Raleigh, and Ross bikes. The concept of the FF system was to allow shifting gears while coasting (like on a 3-speed internal gear bike). Legend has it that Shimano's market research concluded that Americans weren't buying derailleur bikes because pedaling while shifting was too hard to learn (oops). They discontinued the system after a few years making these ingenious mechanisms "vintage" parts for collectors and others who just can't pedal and shift at the same time.

These list on fleabay for $35 each, but I'm hoping to find a local enthusiast who can use them at the bargain basement price of $0 for both (that is, free). Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.

Please let me know if you're interested. Thanks for checking out this posting!

Old 07-18-22, 09:07 PM
WGB 
WGB

Posting because you don't see many of these anymore and someone might have to have it!

posted 6hrs ago in LA

​​​​​​https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lg...510449010.html
​​​​​​

Sun Worksop vintage bike frame and fork - $150 (Santa Monica)

Vintage Sun Worksop bike frame and fork for sale.

Old 07-18-22, 09:09 PM
WGB 
WGB

Not sure why anyone might want these but this is C&V!
Posted 9hrs ago in Allentown - Actually free!

​​​​​​https://allentown.craigslist.org/bop...510355909.html

​​​​​​

2 Shimano "FF System" Cranksets - $10 (Easton)For sale are 2 used Shimano "Integer 2" (i.e., 2 chainrings) Front Freewheel ("FF") System cranksets. As you can see from the photos, one is a cotter pin style (from a Nishiki FFS) and one is cotterless (from a Panasonic Tourist 10). Included with the two complete cranks sets (i.e., all hardware, axel, chainrings (52/39), crank arms) is a set of vintage pedals from the Nishiki, and one rear 5-speed cluster for the FF system (the high friction cluster allows the front freewheel to actuate). A standard freewheel can be used with the FF crankset but will not engage the front freewheel mechanism (unless you work your mojo on a standard freewheel).

The FF system was developed by Shimano and was common in the early 80's on many Japanese bikes as well as some Schwinn, Raleigh, and Ross bikes. The concept of the FF system was to allow shifting gears while coasting (like on a 3-speed internal gear bike). Legend has it that Shimano's market research concluded that Americans weren't buying derailleur bikes because pedaling while shifting was too hard to learn (oops). They discontinued the system after a few years making these ingenious mechanisms "vintage" parts for collectors and others who just can't pedal and shift at the same time.

These list on fleabay for $35 each, but I'm hoping to find a local enthusiast who can use them at the bargain basement price of $0 for both (that is, free). Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.

Please let me know if you're interested. Thanks for checking out this posting!

Old 07-18-22, 09:24 PM
WGB 
WGB

A flipper with taste!
​​​​​​https://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/b...510166369.html

​​​​​​

1958 Rudge Sports 3 Speed - $150 (Ridgefield Connecticut

Needs a good cleaning, Everything works.

Yes I have it.

I Buy used BIKES, and take trade-ins.

Please TEXT. !!!!! DO NOT CALL!!!!! TEXT ONLY 203-313-91Thre Eihgt
Website recycledcycles.biz
Just 5 min South of the Danbury Mall
I am around most evenings after 6, and weekends.
Text !!!203 thre one thre 9138!!!
Likes For WGB:
Old 07-18-22, 09:41 PM
WGB 
WGB

Franklin Tandem for $200 Denver

posted 3hrs ago

​​​​​​https://denver.craigslist.org/bik/d/...510542304.html

​​​​​​

Tandem - $200 (Genesee)

Franklin tandem for sale. Franklin is a custom frame builder out of Pennsylvania. Dated but great tandem, perfect for cyclists thinking about doing a tandem but don't want to spend thousands which this one cost new. In very good shape. No pedals on the bike at present, Speedplays were removed. Current sizing from crank center to top of seats is 27.5” (stoker) and 31.5” (captain). Obviously lots of room there based on saddle height. Will also entertain best offer.

Likes For WGB:
Old 07-18-22, 10:17 PM
SoccerBallXan

Bikes: Many!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked 206 Times in 124 Posts
Originally Posted by WGB
Franklin Tandem for $200 Denver

posted 3hrs ago

​​​​​​https://denver.craigslist.org/bik/d/...510542304.html

​​​​​​

Tandem - $200 (Genesee)

Franklin tandem for sale. Franklin is a custom frame builder out of Pennsylvania. Will also entertain best offer.

Don't you love it when it's already a steal of a deal and the seller says "will also entertain best offer."
Likes For SoccerBallXan:
Old 07-19-22, 12:05 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4510 Post(s)
Liked 6,377 Times in 3,667 Posts
Originally Posted by SoccerBallXan
Don't you love it when it's already a steal of a deal and the seller says "will also entertain best offer."
I do, now if I were only a 1000 miles closer, could probably almost pay airfare for the cost of shipping.
Likes For merziac:
Old 07-19-22, 06:36 AM
Rocket-Sauce 
Port

Bikes: 2022 Soma Fog Cutter, 2021 Calfee Draqonfly 44, 1984 Peter Mooney, 2017 Soma Stanyan, 1990 Fuji Ace, 1990 Bridgestone RB-1, 1995 Independent Fabrications Track, 2003 Calfee Dragonfly Pro

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Liked 1,860 Times in 1,061 Posts
Carbon fiber??

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...2111112l%22%7D

Cannondale men's green road Carbon fiber bike bicycle 18" height 35"
$250 $305
Listed 8 weeks ago in Arlington, MA
Details
  • Condition
    Used - Good
The bike is in very good shape. Everything is working. Frame, brake and tire are in very good shape Frame is 18" The sitting height is 34.5" Local pick up at Arlington height
Likes For Rocket-Sauce:
Old 07-19-22, 06:39 AM
Rocket-Sauce 
Port

Bikes: 2022 Soma Fog Cutter, 2021 Calfee Draqonfly 44, 1984 Peter Mooney, 2017 Soma Stanyan, 1990 Fuji Ace, 1990 Bridgestone RB-1, 1995 Independent Fabrications Track, 2003 Calfee Dragonfly Pro

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...e_map%5C%22%3A[]%2C%5C%22grouping_info%5C%22%3Anull%7D%22%2C%22lightning_feed_qid%22%3A%22-5950887329286964185%22%2C%22lightning_feed_ranking_signature%22%3A%224059275571153076224%22%2C%22ftm d_400706%22%3A%22111112l%22%7D

Cannondale Aluminum Road Bike
$460 · In stock

Listed in Boston, MA
Details
  • Condition
    Used - like new
  • Bicycle Type
    Road Bike
  • Brand
    Cannondale
  • Material
    Aluminum
  • Wheel Size
    700c
This is a beautiful plum Cannondale road bike. It’s all tuned up and shifts and brakes beautifully. 60cm frame suits a rider 5’6 to 6’3+. 12 speeds. 700c wheels. Ride it home. Lock lights helmet pump and rear rack extra
Old 07-19-22, 06:47 AM
Rocket-Sauce 
Port

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...e_map%5C%22%3A[]%2C%5C%22grouping_info%5C%22%3Anull%7D%22%2C%22lightning_feed_qid%22%3A%22-5950887329286964185%22%2C%22lightning_feed_ranking_signature%22%3A%224059275571153076224%22%2C%22ftm d_400706%22%3A%22111112l%22%7D

Vintage Ron Cooper Custom Road/Tour Bike – Full Campy
$790

Listed a day ago in Wayland, MA

Details
  • Condition
    Used - Good
  • Material
    Steel
  • Bicycle Type
    Road Bike
  • Bicycle Wheel Size
    700c
Vintage Ron Cooper Custom Road/Tour Bike – Full Campy $790 or best offer It really pains me to sell this bike. This Ron Cooper is one of two classic, vintage, hand-built, custom bikes from the late 70's and early 80's that I will be listing here. Sadly, neither has been ridden for the past couple of years. Knee and back issues have taken their toll -- I need a wider gear range and I am no longer comfortable riding with drops. This Ron Cooper custom frame was my road touring bike. Both are treasures that I hate to part with. The other one (KNELLER custom sport) was my "go-fast" hill-climbing bike.

--------------------

Hand-built in England for me by Ron Cooper in 1979, this is an incredibly beautiful example of the classic craftsmanship of one of England’s best known custom frame builders. I ordered this frame with “road/tour” geometry so that it would be comfortable for general recreational riding or touring with fully-laden panniers. I then built is up with a full Campagnolo Nuovo Record component group and enjoyed riding it for the next 40+ years. By my measurement, the frame size looks like 23.25” (59cm); for reference, I am 5’11.5” and my pants generally have a 30” or 31” inseam.

I have tried to describe this bike to the best of my ability here, but please check out the images carefully, as they are a key part of the description. I can provide more photos, if needed. Feel free also to send me questions.

FRAME
Ron Cooper was a noted Master Builder who began building bicycle frames at age 15 in 1947. He learned his craft from frame builders in England and eventually set up his own shop in South London. Cooper's custom steel alloy frames became known for their stability, neutral handling and responsiveness. His craftsmanship it evident throughout this beautiful lugged Reynolds 531 custom frame; be sure to look for the details in the images. All of the elegantly-carved lugs are cleanly brazed, with beautiful tapered transitions to the main tubes. I paid extra for the fancy lugwork, custom fittings and metallic blue paint job. You will see a variety of heart-shaped cutouts, one with the Cooper “C” brazed in the middle of the heart. Brazed-on fittings include cable guides, shift lever bosses, reinforced water bottle fittings and derailleur cable guides.

The bike frame is physically in great condition and the paint job is in fine shape except around the head tube lugs (where the head tube connects to the top tube and down tube; see images). Cracked paint in these spots is the result of a crash about 10 years ago that really rocked the handlebars and broke my small front Blackburn pannier rack; along with damage to my own body, the shock caused the frame to flex enough that the enamel paint cracked where the lugs join the frame on the back side of the head tube. Fortunately, Reynolds 531 tubing is very resilient, as long as it has not been crushed or truly bent. When I found the cracks in the paint, I had the frame checked out at a local shop; they said that these frames can absorb a lot of shock without any real damage, as long as nothing is bent or broken. They measured to see if it was knocked out of alignment and declared the frame to still be true; they did not feel the head tube, lugwork or headset had been compromised. The front fork seems as straight as ever and the frame still measures true from headtube to rear triangle. I just did a quick tune-up, and this bike still rides beautifully. There are a few additional dings and rust spots in typical places on the frame, including some chain wear. However, for the most part, the paint job has held up really well for a 43-year-old bike frame.

It was always my intention to bite the bullet and go for a new paint job. The surface rust got worse while I put off stripping and repainting the frame, waiting to see if I would return to riding the drops. However, I would definitely spring for a repaint if I was keeping the bike. Replacement Cooper and Reynolds 531 decals are currently available on Ebay for anyone wishing to restore this frame to its original glory. So, why did I choose this price? Since I anticipate that any purchaser will want to repaint the frame and maintain this had-crafted frame for what it is, I have deeply discounted my asking price. For reference, I have been seeing similar Cooper bikes go for $1,200 - $1,600 with cleaner (but still dinged up) frames and similar components. A Cooper bike that is similar (and similarly equipped) to mine is listed on eBay for $1,300. Other current eBay listings include complete Cooper bikes (with less fancy lugwork and no brazed-on fittings), at $1,450, $1,650 and $1,850. There is also a basic track frame and headset (no components) that is listed on eBay for $1,100, On the Silicon Valley Bicycle Exchange, there is a nice Cooper listed for $1,350. A built-up Cooper track bike that had been listed for $2,500 sold recently on the Pros Closet. Technical stuff… I don't know what all the angles are on this frame and don’t have a good way of measuring them. However, here are the approximate frame dimensions, based on my own measurements: Frame Size: 23.25” (59cm) Wheelbase: 41.75” (106cm) Standover Height: 33.3” (84.6cm) Top Tube: 22.5” (57cm) Chainstays: 17.3” (44cm) Bottom Bracket Height: 9.5” (24cm) Accessory Features: Downtube has brazed-on bosses for Campagnolo shift lever and a set of reinforced screw fittings (for water bottles, etc.); Other braze-ons include brake cable guides and derailleur cable guides & stops.

COMPONENTS
This bike features the full Campagnolo Nuovo Record component group. Everything is pretty clean, with a minimum amount of pitting, rust or dings. DRIVETRAIN Shift Levers: Campagnolo Nuovo Record down tube shifters with blue Campagnolo rubber covers Derailleurs: Campagnolo Nuovo Record front and rear derailleurs Bottom Bracket: Campagnolo Nuovo Record Crankset: Campagnolo Nuovo Record with 170mm arms and 42/52-tooth chainrings Pedals: Campagnolo Nuovo Record pedals Toe Clips: ATOS spring steel Straps: Alfredo Binda laminated leather toe straps with strap buttons Freewheel: Regina Oro 5-speed freewheel with 14, 16, 18, 21, 24 gearing Hubs: Campagnolo Nuovo Record low-flange front & rear hubs Rims: Mavic Open Pro 700c (622 x 15) aluminum clincher rims Wheel Build: 36-hole rims laced with DT Swiss double-butted stainless-steel spokes in a 3-cross pattern Tires: Vrederstein Ricorso 23mm 700c foldable clincher tires (90 – 130 lbs) OTHER COMPONENTS Headset: Campagnolo Nuovo Record Brakes: Campagnolo Nuovo Record side-pull brakes (front & rear) with a set of original Campagnolo pads with integrated guides Brake Levers: Campagnolo Nuovo Record with new gum rubber hoods Brake Cables: New Campagnolo brake cables covered in new cherry-red Easy Glide brake cable housings Stems: Cinelli alloy 70mm quill stem Handlebars: Cinelli drop handlebars covered with red padded tape Seat Post: Campagnolo Nuovo Record seat post Saddles: Avocet Racing II men's saddle ACCESSORIES Silca frame-fit pump with Campagnolo Presta valve Cateye Astrale 8 cyclometer (speed, cadence, distance); includes box & instructions Blackburn aluminum water bottle cage Blackburn bike rack Strap hooks on front and rear dropouts

EXTRAS INCLUDED IN SALE
Freewheel remover tool for Regina Oro freewheel Avocet Kevlar saddle cover Brake pads Extra chain (used) Basket mounts and other adapters for Blackburn rack Extra Cherry Easy Glide brake cable housing 2 foldable clincher tires (used, but good as spares) 2 extra tire tubes 2 pairs of new, unused Aztec long brake shoes (excellent heat resistance and wet stopping power) Spare replacement DT Swiss double-butted stainless-steel spokes and spoke nipples

ALSO AVAILALBE
One of the images shows the bike decked out with my full 6-piece Cannondale pannier set. The front panniers are not properly mounted because I never got around to replacing the small front Blackburn rack. This set is also available, if I have not already sold it separately. It consists of 2 large rear panniers, 2 smaller front panniers, a stem-mounted bike bag, and a bike back for the top of the rear rack. The left and right panniers clip together for easy carrying (both fronts and rears). Both bike bags have shoulder straps. All pieces a quick to mount and remove.
Likes For Rocket-Sauce:
Old 07-19-22, 06:50 AM
Rocket-Sauce 
Port

Bianchi Forza 25 " frame vintage road bike
$200

Listed a week ago in Derry, NH

Details
  • Condition
    Used - Good
  • Material
    Steel
  • Bicycle Type
    Road Bike
  • Wheel Size
    700c
Bianchi Forza mid 90's vintage is my best guess. 25 inch frame.

The seat set up as pictured would be for someone 6'1 or 6' 2. Seat post can go higher.

Ready to ride-- I took it out today to check everything.

I purchased this last year with a plan to switch out some components and customize it to my typical rides, but I instead converted another bike.

The bike has responsive geometry, and is light weight for a steel frame. You could use as is for the total vintage experience, or switch out gearing and such. All the parts look original. The front crankset is a 42/53 biopace rings with 170 arms.

The rear is a 13 -23 7 speed. So no super low gears to noodle up a hill with little effort!

Exage brakes, 500 EX exage derailleurs. Indexed shifting on the downtube.

Wheels in good shape, replaced the rear tire and tube with something in better shape.

Did some lubing and fine tuning.

The pedals are needing an overhaul, or a replacement. If your shoes are larger than size 11, you will want different toe clips anyway. I might be able to find an appropriate replacement pair that I can throw in or install.

A few rust spots here and there-- you can see one on the cable holder in the picture,, and the lock nut on the brakes.

You can test ride it in my neighborhood.

$200
Old 07-19-22, 07:19 AM
WGB 
WGB

Listed in Denver 40 minutes ago!

​​​​​​https://denver.craigslist.org/bik/d/...510640746.html

​​​​Performance Road Bike - $40 (Park Hill)

​​​​​​Older Performance road bike. Good shape. Would make a nice cruiser around town. Please text if interested, I won’t respond to emails.

​​​​​​
Likes For WGB:
Old 07-19-22, 08:07 AM
'02 nrs

Bikes: 1938 claud butler,1983 Basso,teledyne titan,teocali super,nrs,1993 stumpjumper fsr,Paramountain,Paramount Buell(sold),4 banger,Zaskar LE,Colnago Master Ibex MTB,1987ish,.etc....

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 802 Post(s)
Liked 2,976 Times in 1,496 Posts
650b cunningham design. $125.

Old 07-19-22, 09:29 AM
machinist42
mycocyclist

Bikes: 1964 Schwinn Paramount P-13 DeLuxe, 1964 Schwinn Sport Super Sport, 1972 Falcon San Remo, 1974 Maserati MT-1, 1974 Raleigh International, 1984 Lotus Odyssey, 198? Rossin Ghibli, 1990 LeMond Le Vanquer (sic), 1991 Specialized Allez Transition Pro, +

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 812 Times in 449 Posts
Likely A Rebranded Shogun

Recline road bicycle - old school - $200 (Knightdale)

Posted 2022-07-19 09:59

"Garage kept road bike from the lugged steel frame days made by Redline. New bar tape and tires replaced not that far back, tubes hold air. 2x6 drive train with Shimano components. Wheels are true and the wheel size is 700, so it will be easy to find tires when needed. Brakes and gears work well, ready to ride. Frame size is 23" for taller riders (6'+), great bike for road, greenway, and neighborhood

bicycle frame material: steel

bicycle type: road
frame size: 23" - large
handlebar type: drop
make / manufacturer: Redline
wheel size: 700C"

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/bik/d...510668250.html
Old 07-19-22, 09:47 AM
madpogue 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 2363 Post(s)
Liked 1,749 Times in 1,191 Posts
^^^^^^ LOL @ "Recline".....
Likes For madpogue:
Old 07-19-22, 09:52 AM
dweenk

Bikes: Lots of English 3-speeds, a couple of old road bikes, 3 mountain bikes, 1 hybrid, and a couple of mash-ups

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 335 Times in 225 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket-Sauce
Carbon fiber??

Cannondale men's green road Carbon fiber bike bicycle 18" height 35"
$250 $305
Listed 8 weeks ago in Arlington, MA
Details
  • Condition
    Used - Good
The bike is in very good shape. Everything is working. Frame, brake and tire are in very good shape Frame is 18" The sitting height is 34.5" Local pick up at Arlington height
TIG/MIG welded carbon fiber at that!
Likes For dweenk:
Old 07-19-22, 12:25 PM
SoCaled 

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1096 Post(s)
Liked 3,736 Times in 1,835 Posts
Bottecchia - $400 - Huntington Beach,CA
https://offerup.com/item/detail/6857...26f72a?cid=7.4
"Original owner, Campagnola components. Bike is in great shape. Cleaning out garage and need space."

Likes For SoCaled:
Old 07-19-22, 03:02 PM
SoCaled 

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1096 Post(s)
Liked 3,736 Times in 1,835 Posts
Just found the Facebook ad where this sold for $100 - 5 days ago - Just flipped, that's why it is $300 - Flipper did some superficial clean up and added $200 to the price. The facebook search is still a mystery to me, not sure how I missed this one.

Originally Posted by SoCaled
Raleigh Elkhorn - $300 - Long Beach, CA
Not Cheap, but . . . "if you are looking for one of these?"
https://offerup.com/item/detail/3fe1...35cb3a?cid=7.4
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lg...509806770.html

Likes For SoCaled:
Old 07-19-22, 03:28 PM
OTS 

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket-Sauce
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...e_map%5C%22%3A%2C%5C%22grouping_info%5C%22%3Anull%7D%22%2C%22lightning_feed_qid%22%3A%22-5950887329286964185%22%2C%22lightning_feed_ranking_signature%22%3A%224059275571153076224%22%2C%22ftm d_400706%22%3A%22111112l%22%7D

Cannondale Aluminum Road Bike
$460 · In stock

Listed in Boston, MA
Love this plum color.
Old 07-19-22, 03:56 PM
ehcoplex 

Bikes: '38 Schwinn New World, ’69 Peugeot PX-10, '72 Peugeot PX-10, ‘7? Valgan, '78 Raleigh Comp GS, ’79 Holdsworth Pro, ’80 Peugeot TH-8 tandem, '87 Trek 400T, ‘7? Raleigh Sports, ‘7? Raleigh Superbe, ‘6? Hercules

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1,563 Times in 757 Posts
Originally Posted by SoccerBallXan
No kidding. That thing is a beaut, & I've been looking for a tandem to ride with my wife..... WHY is all the good stuff so damn far away??
Likes For ehcoplex:
Old 07-19-22, 06:19 PM
'02 nrs

Bikes: 1938 claud butler,1983 Basso,teledyne titan,teocali super,nrs,1993 stumpjumper fsr,Paramountain,Paramount Buell(sold),4 banger,Zaskar LE,Colnago Master Ibex MTB,1987ish,.etc....

Quoted: 802 Post(s)
Liked 2,976 Times in 1,496 Posts
cannondale $180. cook bros. crank.

Old 07-19-22, 07:21 PM
attylah

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 116 Posts
Just found the Facebook ad where this sold for $100 - 5 days ago - Just flipped, that's why it is $300 - Flipper did some superficial clean up and added $200 to the price. The facebook search is still a mystery to me, not sure how I missed this one.
I bought the same bike a year ago for $100. I really like the slack geometry and am almost done with the dirt drop gravel grinder resto-mod. But $300? No.
Old 07-19-22, 10:07 PM
Headpost

Bikes: I've stopped at seven.

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 302 Times in 185 Posts
Stuck seatpost . . .

https://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/b...510925148.html

Old 07-20-22, 02:40 AM
madpogue 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 2363 Post(s)
Liked 1,749 Times in 1,191 Posts
Just found the FaKebook ad where this sold for $100 - 5 days ago - Just flipped, that's why it is $300 - Flipper did some superficial clean up and added $200 to the price.
So we can safely assume that the (dried-out) front tire was already mounted backwards when the flipper bought it?

---------------------------------
This one's too tall for me, and too rich for my blood. But yummy to look at....
https://madison.craigslist.org/bik/d...481939896.html

Vintage 1985 Palo Alto road frame-60 cm C-C - $200 (Madison East)

Likes For madpogue:
Old 07-20-22, 05:08 AM
52telecaster
ambulatory senior

Bikes: Austro Daimler modified by Gugie! Raleigh Professional and lots of other bikes.

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 1955 Post(s)
Liked 3,661 Times in 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by madpogue
So we can safely assume that the (dried-out) front tire was already mounted backwards when the flipper bought it?

---------------------------------
This one's too tall for me, and too rich for my blood. But yummy to look at....
https://madison.craigslist.org/bik/d...481939896.html

Vintage 1985 Palo Alto road frame-60 cm C-C - $200 (Madison East)

That is a cool frameset.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.