Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Bike choice - Sirrux X4.0 or Canyon Pathlite 6.0

Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Old 04-01-22, 09:20 AM
billstewart

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all. I'm looking to purchase a new hybrid bike. Mainly ride roads and the occasional dirt path (no mountains here in Florida).

Finding options or anything to look at in person has been tough with very limited availability. However, I have the option of buying a new Specialized X 4.0 or a Canyon Pathlite 7.0. Both retail for U.S. $1,500. I think either will suit my needs but would appreciate some feedback from more knowledgeable bike people than me since there's no stock available locally to test ride.

The Pathlite seems to get better reviews and (maybe) have slightly better component parts but is heavier (26.54 lbs) due to its traditional carbon fork. The Sirrus is a little lighter (23.37 lbs) due to the Future Shock 1.5 - and maybe more attractive to my eyes - but there was a recall on it (apparently fixed) and seems to get more mixed reviews.

Would appreciate any suggestions if anyone is familiar with both models.

Cheers.

Last edited by billstewart; 04-01-22 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-01-22, 09:03 PM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9531 Post(s)
Liked 6,273 Times in 3,459 Posts
Recall was only on 2020 models. Someone assembled the cranks wrong. Easy fix that can be done in five minutes.

I have a Sirrus 4.0. If you will be on roads/pavement more than gravel, I would give it some consideration. Same bike for the most part with a more road oriented drivetrain.
Old 04-02-22, 05:20 AM
DorkDisk

Bikes: Ritchey Swiss Cross | Teesdale Kona Hot | Haro Extreme | Specialized Stumpjumper Comp | Cannondale F1000 | Shogun 1000 | Cannondale M500 | Norco Charger | Marin Muirwoods 29er | Shogun Kaze | Breezer Lightning

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked 991 Times in 484 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
Recall was only on 2020 models. Someone assembled the cranks wrong. Easy fix that can be done in five minutes.
Special Ed's QC issues have been extended a few years.

It's not a big issue, one that should not have occurred even once.
Old 04-02-22, 06:47 AM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9531 Post(s)
Liked 6,273 Times in 3,459 Posts
Originally Posted by DorkDisk

Did not know.
Old 04-02-22, 02:57 PM
badger1

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1568 Post(s)
Liked 1,163 Times in 591 Posts
Originally Posted by DorkDisk

Agree completely -- shouldn't have happened and shouldn't still be an issue. Mine (2019 Sirrus X Carbon Comp [now the X 5, same bike]) was caught by the first recall. No big deal, but you are right.

OTOH, the Future Shock on mine (v.1.0) was also defective out of the box. Just to give Special Ed/my lbs their due, that was replaced under warranty, without question or charge, with a FS 2.0 (the fully hydraulic/adjustable one).

Mine also came stock with bottom-feeder Shimano BR/BL 201 brakes -- never worked well (noisy etc.) -- despite best efforts by both lbs and Special Ed. Anyway, after a looooooong wait (ordered February 2021) I finally have a full flat-mount XT brakeset installed, inc. rotors. What a difference!! I paid for this, but happy with the result.
Likes For badger1: