Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Old Friends !

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Old Friends !

Old 08-26-22, 02:01 PM
ZIPP2001
Life Is Good

Bikes: Zipp2001 Carbon Belt Drive SS, Kestrel RT900SL, Kestrel KM40 Airfoil 1x10, Orbea Occam H30, Trek Stache 5 29 Plus, Giant Yukon 2 Fat Bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 867 Times in 443 Posts
Old Friends !

Dave and I have known each other since 5th grade, and we spent many hours running together. By our freshman year of high school, I was having knee issues and took up biking and he stayed running. I would see Dave off and on over the years after high school, but we never did any activity together. That ended about six years ago when I made a bet with him that he lost and had to come out for a ride with me. We did a trail ride first, then I introduced him to the road and sold him the Giant bike he's been using since. It's always great getting a text from him seeing if I want company out on the road or in the woods. Just two old friends having fun.
Likes For ZIPP2001:
Old 09-02-22, 06:43 PM
Bmach

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked 263 Times in 161 Posts
Did not see many cars on those roads, nice.
Likes For Bmach:
Old 09-04-22, 07:00 AM
andrewclaus

Bikes: 2016 Fuji Tread, 1983 Trek 520

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 669 Post(s)
Liked 725 Times in 422 Posts
I've cycled for nearly 60 years with my old neighborhood/school buddy Bob, starting in the 1960s. In the 70s we took our first bike tour, 1000 miles around Lake Michigan from our home in Chicago. Though we now live in different states, we get together almost every year for at least one day of cycling. We share other interests, but it's mainly cycling that's kept us in touch over the years.

My wife and I are old cycling friends too. We've been cycling together for over forty years now. Bob likes her too.
Likes For andrewclaus: