Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Where'd You Ride Today? (New & Improved)

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Where'd You Ride Today? (New & Improved)

Old 08-13-22, 04:04 PM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3876 Post(s)
Liked 4,780 Times in 2,205 Posts
Always grateful to post this thread

Such a nice day (staying on pavement) deserves a vintage race bike. Even a stitched Flite I have yet to change was not an axxhatchet over ~20 mi.

Never seen the Issaquah Squak Valley elk, but OK. The mist was in da morning, no rain, about 75*.

Pivoting from above pic, summer green has become summer brown

Like a white plastic fence, this one shows its’ age. Wearing red white blue celebrating gold is somehow nice. I was visiting in LA 84. Hooray an immigrant winning for USA. Cheers to AlexiG = 1st countryman to win gold in road race. Funny our nostalgia materialized. Bought my first adult bike in ‘85.

Blackberry season - the eating part is here and coming strong.

Seems like only a few weeks back the bog finally reached fully green, then a week of 90* and full summer sun has it brown for the year, until it turns mossy & wet (hopefully!).

Can @Bianchigirll find the disparity(ies) in this photo (and/or others)? Not the knobbly knees from bending forward for pic.

be safe all, and be strong - for next year

Red white blue over gold Pinarello. Not my photo, unfortunately not present at cycling events.

Last edited by Wildwood; 08-13-22 at 04:38 PM. Reason: More pics, more pics
Old 08-13-22, 06:18 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2910 Post(s)
Liked 2,830 Times in 1,457 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildwood
Such a nice day (staying on pavement) deserves a vintage race bike. Even a stitched Flite I have yet to change was not an axxhatchet over ~20 mi.

Never seen the Issaquah Squak Valley elk, but OK. The mist was in da morning, no rain, about 75*.

Like a white plastic fence, this one shows its’ age. Wearing red white blue celebrating gold is somehow nice. I was visiting in LA 84. Hooray an immigrant winning for USA. Cheers to AlexiG = 1st countryman to win gold in road race. Funny our nostalgia materialized. Bought my first adult bike in ‘85.

Seems like only a few weeks back the bog finally reached fully green, then a week of 90* and full summer sun has it brown for the year, until it turns mossy & wet (hopefully!).

Can @Bianchigirll find the disparity(ies) in this photo (and/or others)? Not the knobbly knees from bending forward for pic.

Red white blue over gold Pinarello. Not my photo, unfortunately not present at cycling events.
Cables behind the bars? Celeste tape on a lowly Pinarello?

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 08-13-22, 11:31 PM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 3876 Post(s)
Liked 4,780 Times in 2,205 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
Cables behind the bars? Celeste tape on a lowly Pinarello?
yes. Baby blue not anything else.

Englishman's jersey on an Italian bike. But the colors worked, who reads jerseys?
Old 08-13-22, 11:41 PM
DQRider 
Old Boy

Bikes: Mostly 1st-generation, top-of-the-line, non-unicrown MTBs/ATBs: All 1984 models: Dawes Ranger, Peugeot Canyon Express, Ross Mt. Whitney (chrome), Schwinn High Sierra, and a 1983 Trek 850.

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked 1,715 Times in 611 Posts
West Saint Paul Rider 2022

I rarely go on big, organized group rides. Especially those that require a helmet. But this year I made an exception. That's me, in the black shirt and blue helmet, on the right. I wasn't able to find the name of the photographer, but this kid did some great work during the event.

Roulez pour la joie, jamais pour la douleur.

USMC 1981-1991 Semper Fi!
Old 08-14-22, 10:55 AM
Tango1

Bikes: Dawes Super Galaxy, Cannondale Trail 3SL, Gardin TNT, Kuwahara Gravel Resto-Mod

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 221 Times in 68 Posts
Pa

Park day with the kids in tow
Old 08-14-22, 11:00 AM
SurferRosa
seńor miembro

Bikes: '70s - '80s Campagnolo

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 3846 Post(s)
Liked 6,437 Times in 3,183 Posts
... who reads jerseys?
I do, especially if you're riding towards me on the trail. And no, I'm not staring at your breasts.
Likes For SurferRosa:
Old 08-14-22, 12:17 PM
zookster 

Bikes: 1993 Diamond Back Sorrento, 1965 Schwinn Racer 3-speed, 1987 Schwinn High Sierra, 1990 Specialized Sirrus, 2020 Specialized Sirrus 3.0, 2013 Giant Seek 1

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked 743 Times in 191 Posts
Views and Brews ride this morning with Le Tour De Ham in Birmingham, AL.

A Views and Brews tradition when we ride to this part of town

More murals

Old 08-14-22, 01:44 PM
misctrader

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 14 Posts
Woke feeling somewhat gloomy. Didn’t feel like riding my bike like I hoped I would but got myself out the door and had a good time. The feeling of adventuring on a bike is a liberating feeling, the only thing that holds you back is yourself.

I ventured to the Bass Lake dam as I was curious what lay beyond all the dirt roads in the area. I traversed down a steep winding dirt road. The road dead ends on a creek that is down stream of the dam. I saw a faint trail in the brush running alongside the creek and decided to follow it rather than pedaling back up the steep descent I came from—because why not? Shortly there after, the trail was reclaimed by mother nature. I decide to forge my own path, knowing that I’m going in the right direction, even if there isn’t a path. I lug my bike on my shoulder, and commence to follow the creek upstream. I walk over fallen trees; the berry bushes caress my legs with their thorns; the leaves and twigs snap as I proceed, and the water in the creek soothingly makes its way downstream. The obstacles ahead intensify. I see a vast array of granite boulders that adorn the valley I’m in, and off in the distance the dam I came through. Unfazed, I continue. Akin to a mountain goat, I slowly tread up the rocks. I single-handedly climb up the rocks—no pun intended. I eventually make it out and come out on a road just below the dam that goes to a flume. Curious once again I make my way through these unknown paths, exploring what lays ahead.

There were several forks in the road, each gets my attention. Soon I come across one that leads to the flume and with a trail just beside it heading down to the creek. Once I reach the creek I realize that just across the creek is the start of the trail I had walked up. If I come down that dirt road again I’ll try and cross the creek next time, it would definitely be more convenient. I went home shortly after this.

On my ride home around the lake I had two insights: 1) You don’t need to have the best equipment to have fun, and 2) sometimes going down your own path is more satisfying than taken the same beaten path everyone typically takes, there will be obstacles but its part of the experience as long as your on the right track don’t doubt your self and enjoy it.

Anyways that's how my morning ride went.

Didn't take any pictures today, but here is one from few weeks ago of the bike I was on. Mid-eighties Cimarron with drop bars and gravel king tires.

Last edited by misctrader; 08-14-22 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 08-14-22, 02:27 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Quoted: 2300 Post(s)
Liked 4,764 Times in 1,725 Posts
My usual route today but on a new too me mid 90's C4 Air One bike. Picked this up locally from an old racer yesterday after my ride on the Calfee. Weird two days in a row on carbon fiber. Don't tell on me, LOL!

Today it was overcast, cool, and unusually humid. Weird for here, wasn't even warm on the ride yet the sweat was pouring off of me. All thanks to a decent amount of much needed rain. The morning did clear up as it went along.

Old 08-14-22, 09:03 PM
abshipp 

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2020 Holdsworth Competition, 2022 Giant Trance 29 3

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 3330 Post(s)
Liked 3,561 Times in 1,228 Posts
Nice few hours on the fixed gear tonight

Old 08-14-22, 10:24 PM
P!N20

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked 1,882 Times in 924 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesdak
What's the frame material?
Likes For P!N20:
Old 08-14-22, 11:02 PM
Roger M
Banned.

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked 2,439 Times in 646 Posts
After dinner ride with Thomas. The University of Washington owns a bit of forest that's across the street from his old elementary school. It is 160 acres of wooded property with some trails for hiking and biking. We've been riding them for about ten years(mostly towing him on a trailer bike the first year)

Anyhow, we rode our bikes down there and did a loop through it and came home. It wasn't so long ago when I was leading the way and waiting for my kid. Times have changed...

It was only a five mile ride, but still a nice way to cap off a weekend.

Old 08-15-22, 10:35 AM
bironi
bironi

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 264 Times in 111 Posts
Nice mostly flat 60 mile ride with old friends.
Old 08-15-22, 10:59 AM
majmt 

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked 1,095 Times in 326 Posts
Pulled out the Masi and pumped up the tubulars for a quick 12 miles around the neighborhood this morning.

Old 08-15-22, 08:39 PM
thinktubes 
weapons-grade bolognium

Bikes: Battaglin Cromor, Ciocc Designer 84, Schwinn Superior 1981

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked 2,353 Times in 882 Posts
Did 61 miles up north after work. 73 degrees, humid, dark by 8pm

They’ve been working on a prairie restoration for the last year. Took out a ton of “junk” trees.

Along the margins, they planted wildflowers. You can see the stumps of the stuff they too out.

C&V bridge - had my PBJ there. The bridge has a pleasant high-frequency buzz when cars cross.

Old 08-15-22, 09:29 PM
bamboobike4
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked 581 Times in 335 Posts
Somewhere in Colorado. It hailed on our mountain. And not to the chief

Old 08-16-22, 07:59 AM
fabiofarelli

Bikes: Especialy Alan, but also Empella, Cascarsi, Gazelle, Bianchi, CJV, Sirocco, Berkers etcetera

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 996 Times in 355 Posts

It's dry but a Sirocco can handle it.
Likes For fabiofarelli:
Old 08-16-22, 08:52 AM
curbtender

Bikes: Miyata 618 GT, Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina, Miyata team Ti, Santa Cruz Highball

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 1590 Post(s)
Liked 2,486 Times in 1,188 Posts
Originally Posted by fabiofarelli

It's dry but a Sirocco can handle it.
What is that structure we are looking at?
Old 08-16-22, 09:06 AM
fabiofarelli

Bikes: Especialy Alan, but also Empella, Cascarsi, Gazelle, Bianchi, CJV, Sirocco, Berkers etcetera

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 996 Times in 355 Posts
It's a drawbridge on a part of the remnants of the Grand Canal du Nord, Noordervaart. Nowadays there's no shipping on the canal anymore.
This is a picture (not mine) from the other side.
Likes For fabiofarelli:
Old 08-16-22, 11:30 AM
bironi
bironi

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 264 Times in 111 Posts
That pump attachment at the head tube looks strange.

That pump?
Old 08-16-22, 03:15 PM
jadmt

Bikes: Handsome xoxo, Serotta atx, Canyon Endurace CF8

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 900 Post(s)
Liked 1,842 Times in 830 Posts
lucky when you live in the west. 46 miles of never being far from this...

Old 08-16-22, 09:05 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,823 Times in 1,709 Posts
Hill work today for about 30 miles. No pics, but no issues, either, during this first ride since being knocked off the bike last Thursday. Success!

DD
Old 08-17-22, 07:20 AM
majmt 

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked 1,095 Times in 326 Posts
Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
Hill work today for about 30 miles. No pics, but no issues, either, during this first ride since being knocked off the bike last Thursday. Success!

DD
Old 08-17-22, 08:33 AM
rccardr 
aka: Dr. Cannondale

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Quoted: 2151 Post(s)
Liked 3,380 Times in 1,198 Posts
A Very Special Ride yesterday. After putting in a bunch of solo miles on the Fairfax Cross County Trail, picked up my 7 year old grandson from camp and rode the last six miles with him.

Old 08-17-22, 11:16 AM
LucasHartong

Bikes: '83 Viner Special Professional, '91 Pinarello Asolo 'spumoni', '93 Trek 930, '94 Giant Cadex CFR3, '97 Giant Atlanta MTB, '99 B1 Weblite Cross , '16 Cube Peloton Race.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 359 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by bamboobike4

That's a great Fausto Coppi shirt. Just saying. Reminds me of my old Coppi bike.
Likes For LucasHartong:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.