Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Thread for Cannondale Quick

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Thread for Cannondale Quick

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-15, 10:19 AM
n0thing

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Mvcrash
I picked up a Quick CX 4 during the winter. It has a lightweight Raceface Crankset with external bottom bracket, ten speed Shimano Cassette with an SLX rear derailleur and chain. Carbon Handlebar and Ergon Grips. Grabbed it for $450 with about 500 miles on it. Like it so far but I've really not put many miles on it yet.
Nice buy!
Old 07-30-15, 10:27 AM
n0thing

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Swapped tires on my Quick already. My LBS was a huge fan of the Bontrager AW3 Hard-Case Lite in 700x25, so I went with them. They were able to cut me a great deal on them and install them while I was there. I also returned a bike pump and put that money towards a front light (Bontrager Ion 120 as it was on sale and I got a discount on top of that). I went with a rear light off of Amazon (Magnus Innovation 2-pack that came with a lifetime warranty). I think I could have gone brighter on both lights, but I just wanted them so that people could see me and not for night vision. I think, for the money, they'll be great.

I have some Ergon GS2s I need to install. I need to raise the bar a bit too so I'm holding off until I can do both at the same time.

I can't wait to go for a ride tonight after work!

(Shot of the tread on the new tires.)
Old 07-31-15, 07:34 AM
falconsusi

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Would a Quick 5 be a good bike for gravel rail trails? Not the CX version, just a regular Quick. I am thinking of adding a hybrid bike to my growing collection. These trails I am thinking of are nice crushed gravel.
Old 07-31-15, 08:02 AM
n0thing

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by falconsusi
Would a Quick 5 be a good bike for gravel rail trails? Not the CX version, just a regular Quick. I am thinking of adding a hybrid bike to my growing collection. These trails I am thinking of are nice crushed gravel.
If it's a a finer type of gravel (much smaller rocks), it probably wouldn't be bad. If it was regular-sized rocks in the gravel, I'd at least want a front suspension on it.
Old 08-01-15, 10:16 AM
DW_Thomas

Bikes: Cannondale Quick 5

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by falconsusi
Here in SE Pennsylvania the rail trails that aren't paved tend to be rolled limestone cinders which are pretty nice riding. I have a Quick 5 that's a few years old and am still running the Kenda 700x38 tires that came on it (haven't ridden too much!) and find it quite OK. Occasionally there will be a washout, or a repair crew gets over enthusiastic and lays down way too much gravel or cinders which can be a bit dodgy, but that's an exception. I actually bought the Quick 5 to ride these trails.

Actually in some spots where tree roots are popping up under the blacktop, the rolled cinder portions are smoother!
Old 08-01-15, 06:52 PM
jtaylor996
INSERT_TITLE_HERE

Bikes: 2016 Cannondale Synapse 105, 2016 Salsa Pony Rustler X01

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 3053 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 38 Posts
Finally took some pics of my Quick 4 on the ride tonight:

Old 08-04-15, 09:57 AM
n0thing

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Anyone having numb bum issues with the seat? I get about halfway through a ride and have to start standing every once in a while because it's numb and tingling. I wear padded shorts and did not have this issue on my Trek.

Edit: To clarify, this is just my bum and not any other delicate areas down there.

Last edited by n0thing; 08-04-15 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-05-15, 03:09 PM
Jarrettsin

Bikes: 2016 Trek FX7.4

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Maybe it's time to try a different saddle!

Think I'll try some Schwalbe tires soon
Old 08-05-15, 04:08 PM
ColonelSanders
Banned.

Bikes: 2017 Surly Troll with XT Drive Train, 2017 Merida Big Nine XT Edition, 2016 Giant Toughroad SLR 2, 1995 Trek 830

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1916 Post(s)
Liked 310 Times in 218 Posts
Originally Posted by jtaylor996
Finally took some pics of my Quick 4 on the ride tonight:

The green & black looks lovely.
Old 08-31-15, 05:05 PM
n0thing

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Every once in a while when I'm in my lowest/slowest rear gears (no matter the front gear), I will have issues shifting and, on occasion, the bike will start shifting on it's own. Two bike shops have looked the bike over and adjusted it to a point now where it hardly ever happens but it always comes back. It's been in the shop for this 4 times. At the minimum I experience these issues 1-2 times a week. At their worst it's any time I'm in the gears period.

I have about 300 miles on my bike now so I'm curious to know if this is an issue with the shifting components being of a lower level variety or if this is still a new bike issue? I had the issues immediately. I'm considering upgrading the DRs if this is just going to be something that continues to happen with the components on the bike. I'm at around 200lbs and not in the best shape (hence the reason for buying the bike) and it's killing me on steep hills when it does this.

I also experienced my first 40mph downhill that comes to a sharp turn. I see why people like disc brakes on bikes so much now after trying to slow down!

Last edited by n0thing; 08-31-15 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-01-15, 08:47 PM
Who Dey3334

Bikes: Giant Defy 2, Specialized Sirrus Comp, Giant Cypress DX

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just bought a Quick 4 and I cannot say enough good things about it....I am absolutely lovjng it! I know a little about bikes, I have a Sirrus Comp and a Cypress DX. I love those bikes also but the Quick 4 is my favorite of the bunch over all. I never dreamed I would like it as much as I do! I cant believe it doesn't get more love than what it does. Anyone looking for a nice hybrid should at least give the Quick 4 a try. I chose it over the Escape and Sirrus both after I rode it.
Old 09-09-15, 05:48 PM
prime winner

Bikes: Trek Verve 2

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 10 Posts
I'm in the Quick club now !

Here's my pics ..... https://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bic...l#post18151356
Old 09-10-15, 10:18 PM
ColonelSanders
Banned.

Bikes: 2017 Surly Troll with XT Drive Train, 2017 Merida Big Nine XT Edition, 2016 Giant Toughroad SLR 2, 1995 Trek 830

Originally Posted by prime winner
I'm in the Quick club now !

Here's my pics ..... https://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bic...l#post18151356
Gorgeous looking bike.

How does it compare to your Trek FX 7.2 in various areas?
Old 09-11-15, 09:53 AM
prime winner

Originally Posted by ColonelSanders
Gorgeous looking bike.

How does it compare to your Trek FX 7.2 in various areas?
The biggest difference I've seen so far is the Quick is soooooo much more responsive when I put my foot down to pedal. Almost like when you press a gas pedal on a vette after being used to pressing the gas pedal on a corolla. The other biggest noticeable difference is the Tiagra components. Shifting is much smoother and I like the fine tuning click on the shifter if there's a little chain rattle.

Last edited by prime winner; 09-11-15 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-11-15, 01:13 PM
ColonelSanders
Banned.

Originally Posted by prime winner
The biggest difference I've seen so far is the Quick is soooooo much more responsive when I put my foot down to pedal. Almost like when you press a gas pedal on a vetted after being used to pressing the gas pedal on a corolla.
What do you think is responsible for that?

It certainly makes the Cannondale Quick sound like a great bike.
Old 09-11-15, 05:01 PM
prime winner

Originally Posted by ColonelSanders
What do you think is responsible for that?

It certainly makes the Cannondale Quick sound like a great bike.
I honestly have no idea but I know the difference in the two is big. On the FX I feel like I'm laboring a little also, but on the Quick I feel more like it's connected to me and fluid.
Old 10-04-15, 06:49 PM
pat0115

Bikes: 2016 Cannondale Quick Speed 1

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for all the advise on this long journey to a new Hybrid purchase. Took everyone's advise and made a trip to a bike shop that had the models I was interested in on hand and allowed me to test ride them. When I made the trip, I was deciding between the 2016 Cannondale Quick Speed 2 and the Specialized Sirrus Elite Disc. After seeing them in person and riding both, the choice for me was easily the Cannondale. It just looked so much nicer than the Sirrus, had all Shimano components which cannot be said of the Sirrus, and felt great to ride. Now my last choice is whether to go with the 2016 Cannondale Quick Speed 2 for $850 or fork over about $150 more for the 2016 Cannondale Quick Speed 1. The biggest difference is Shimano Sora components on the 2 vs Shimano Tiagra Components on the 1. Should I just fork over the extra dough and get the best Quick Speed available? Interested to hear what you think!
Old 10-08-15, 04:35 PM
prime winner

Originally Posted by pat0115
Thanks for all the advise on this long journey to a new Hybrid purchase. Took everyone's advise and made a trip to a bike shop that had the models I was interested in on hand and allowed me to test ride them. When I made the trip, I was deciding between the 2016 Cannondale Quick Speed 2 and the Specialized Sirrus Elite Disc. After seeing them in person and riding both, the choice for me was easily the Cannondale. It just looked so much nicer than the Sirrus, had all Shimano components which cannot be said of the Sirrus, and felt great to ride. Now my last choice is whether to go with the 2016 Cannondale Quick Speed 2 for $850 or fork over about $150 more for the 2016 Cannondale Quick Speed 1. The biggest difference is Shimano Sora components on the 2 vs Shimano Tiagra Components on the 1. Should I just fork over the extra dough and get the best Quick Speed available? Interested to hear what you think!
Spending the extra $$$ now is cheaper than upgrading later right? I went from a 2014 Cannondale caad 10 4 rival road bike to a 2016 cannondale quick speed 1 and th drop off wasn't insane in my opinion. Heck yes there's a big difference, but not nearly as big a difference in my old caad 10 compared to my trek fx 7.4. I really love my quick speed 1 and I'm glad I chose it.
Old 10-10-15, 12:42 PM
FamilyMan007

Bikes: Dream Ti bike to celebrate turning 70 - frame by Seven; Cannondale Synapse carbon Ultegra 3 (2015 model), Cannondale Quick SL-1 (2012 model- donated to a friend); Bianchi touring bike (1985 - Sold); Raleigh Super Course (1975 - donated to friend)

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by pat0115
Thanks for all the advise on this long journey to a new Hybrid purchase..... Now my last choice is whether to go with the 2016 Cannondale Quick Speed 2 for $850 or fork over about $150 more for the 2016 Cannondale Quick Speed 1. The biggest difference is Shimano Sora components on the 2 vs Shimano Tiagra Components on the 1....
Assuming budget is not a significant factor, I would likely spend the extra $ to go with the upgraded component (unless you could tell no difference in the gear changing during your trial + you see no benefit from the extra gear). Have said that, I am partial to some red coloring - albeit I doubt color difference between the two models would sway me!

Either way I hope you get as much pleasure riding your Quick as I have in riding mine (just over 5,000km in less than two years - including my first full century this summer!)

Last edited by FamilyMan007; 10-10-15 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-22-15, 07:46 AM

Bikes: 16 Haibike Sdruo Cross SM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I got my 1st look at the 2016 Quick Speed 1. Its feels a lot different than the Quicks of prior years. The riding position is much more aero. The completely flat bar is new to the Quicks, before the bars had a rise to them that made it a bit too upright at times. I would call it more aggressive riding position than the Sirrus bikes or FX bikes.
The Shop also had a 16 FX 7.7, wow is that bike nicely spec and not all totally overpriced like some have mentioned. The brakes feel really strong for rim brakes and the level of carbon is pretty high at Trek's 400 level. I would seriously take a look at it if someone wanted a carbon speed bike.
Old 11-06-15, 09:25 AM
Jarrettsin

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
1400 miles on mine and counting. Just replaced my brake pads, and starting to see a little wear on the rear tire. Still riding the Kendra Kwick's that came with the bike. Trying to decide what to replace them with, or get another pair. I know they're not popular here but I feel they have been fine. I like that they have some tread to them it's a hybrid and I'm not always on paved roads or good weather. And only 1 flat in 1400 miles. What should I be looking for? What would a different tire offer me?
Old 11-07-15, 07:12 AM
cloozoe

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Just finished a pretty much total rebuild of my 2013 Quick SL3. I liked it just fine to begin with, but I enjoy shop-monkeying around and thought I'd see if I could turn it into the uber-hybrid: better mechanicals, more robust, more comfortable, yet lighter/faster. And, oh yeah; prettier. Here is the final (well, almost - I do have a new stem coming ) result - hadn't even wiped my greasy paw prints off it yet. Bike now weighs just a hair over 22 lbs, yet wheels/tires are far more rugged and comfortable than stock.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Columbia1.jpg (100.6 KB, 825 views)
C2.jpg (79.7 KB, 810 views)
c3.jpg (95.6 KB, 808 views)
c4.jpg (66.3 KB, 803 views)
c5.jpg (98.6 KB, 811 views)
c6.jpg (92.1 KB, 809 views)
c7.jpg (98.6 KB, 799 views)
c8.jpg (95.6 KB, 802 views)
c9.jpg (86.1 KB, 807 views)
c10.jpg (97.1 KB, 807 views)
c11.jpg (102.3 KB, 813 views)
Old 11-08-15, 01:19 PM
FamilyMan007

Bikes: Dream Ti bike to celebrate turning 70 - frame by Seven; Cannondale Synapse carbon Ultegra 3 (2015 model), Cannondale Quick SL-1 (2012 model- donated to a friend); Bianchi touring bike (1985 - Sold); Raleigh Super Course (1975 - donated to friend)

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
[QUOTE= ... Still riding the Kendra Kwick's that came with the bike...I feel they have been fine... I like that they have some tread to them ... only 1 flat in 1400 miles.... What would a different tire offer me?[/QUOTE]

Tire choice can generate a degree of emotion - plenty of threads have discussed the topic. IMHO they are a not unimportant part of the riding experience, and as such I have been prepared to buy more expensive tires in the hope that to a degree one gets what one pays for!

If you feel the current tire 'have been fine' + are well-suited to the surfaces you ride on, what is the characteristic that you want to change?

Tires are a compromise between various characteristics; including durability, rolling resistance, comfort and price. If I am understanding the tire you have you, you would likely be ahead on 'price' by replacing with the same tire but you could likely improve any/all of durability/rolling resistance/comfort if you bought a more expensive tire. {I do not particularly recommend Schwalbe tires, but their web-site Schwalbe North America | Schwalbe North America does provide an assessment of their tires across certain characteristics.

Hope you continue to enjoy your bike as much as I still enjoy mine

Last edited by FamilyMan007; 11-08-15 at 02:16 PM.
Old 11-08-15, 06:22 PM
Jarrettsin

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Good question, but I have a bad answer! I'm not sure. Like I said the ones I have are fine, but I'm just getting back into cycling and have very little to compare them too.
Old 11-09-15, 02:28 PM
FamilyMan007

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jarrettsin
Good question, but I have a bad answer! I'm not sure. Like I said the ones I have are fine, but I'm just getting back into cycling and have very little to compare them too.
Hmmm ??? It may help if I give you my experience. If you need more help I suggest you raise a specific post, as I think you may get a broader input that way (your question being generic, rather than specific to the Quicks).

I guess in choosing my hybrid I considered the decision re front suspension fork (or not) to be pretty key. I decided my riding would not warrant the suspension fork.
In the same way I consider the decision re tire tread (slick vs knobbly) to be pretty important. I am quite happy on a relatively 'slick' tire. My riding is almost always on paved surfaces (roads/cycle paths). I do not ride on wet muddy trails; and while I do ride occasionally in the rain, I do not find that my bike has any tendency to 'acquaplane' on the 'slicks' like a car might.

My bike came with 32mm Continental SportContacts, and I recently replaced them with 35mm Schwalbe Marathon Supremes. I was perhaps a little premature in replacing the original tires, but I was going to ride my first century (100 mile) ride and the last thing I wanted to be worried about was punctures! [Good, bad or indifferent; I ignored advice from my LBS to move to a 28mm 'slick' tire for the century ride]

Reasons for choosing the relatively wide/expensive Marathon Supremes was a desire to maximize comfort (wider tire enables me to use lower pressure) while also maintaining good puncture-resistance and reasonably low rolling resistance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.