Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > "The 33"-Road Bike Racing
Reload this Page >

Racing Team Selection in ATL

Notices
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

Old 07-05-13, 06:38 PM
Speed_Dem0n

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just moved to ATL, been here for a year. Raced for a couple years in grad. school and loved it. Now, I'm looking for a team to join and race with in ATL. At the moment, I'm only a Cat. 4. I've been going on lots of group rides and meeting lots of different riders. I want to choose the right team that's serious about racing and training. I'm a work-horse and just want to be part of a team that values hard work from every member. All I want is team success, whether I win races or help a teammate win. Any suggestions? Anybody want need a 25 year-old work horse for killer lead-outs? Thanks.
Old 07-05-13, 10:09 PM
CbadRider

Bikes: Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Moved from SE regional to Road Racing.

Forum Guidelines *click here*
Old 07-08-13, 09:59 AM
Creatre
These Guys Eat Oreos

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out beckcycling.com. Based out of like the peachtree city area, but we have a good bit of cat3 and 4s that have fun and race hard. I'm over in Smyrna though and ride to douglasville often. Swing down and do a couple group rides or meet up with us at some races and see if you'd fit in!

Round Here Racing also seems to have a good bit of cat 3s and 4s, don't know too much about them though.

If you don't know about either of those, then just keep doing the group rides and see you enjoy hanging out with and guys that seem strong.
Old 07-09-13, 05:43 AM
Dfarlow
Flintstone In Training

Bikes: 2021 Fuji Track Elite; 2015 Cipollini RB800; 2014 Specialized S-Works SL4 Ltd; 2013 Firefly Ti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
North Georgia Cycling Assoc (NGCA) - Team Mission Source also has solid teams at the various levels, with 7 Cat 3's, 10 Cat 4's, and 8 who race Masters (Cat 1-3). P12 team has 4. Good luck!
Old 07-09-13, 06:37 AM
thechemist
In the Pain Cave

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't know a whole lot about the GA race teams but I do know they put on some great Road races. I will probably travel to Fouche Gap RR again next year. I also hear the Athens twilight crit series is amazing