Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

velogames superclassico 2022 is here!

Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

velogames superclassico 2022 is here!

Old 03-21-22, 12:01 PM
diphthong

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1619 Post(s)
Liked 3,087 Times in 1,670 Posts
time to get those brugge-de panne picks in! race is early early on the 23rd!
Old 03-21-22, 12:04 PM
diphthong

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Originally Posted by slcbob
Mein Gott! You have really laid out the red carpet in Post 1 here and fueled imitation in an emerging VG norm here. The imitation is the most sincere form of flattery and, beside being great right now, the legacy for future trash talking is praiseworthy.

I may have to open a new thread to record any time I pass someone after spotting the fields a race here and a tour in the cumulative tour tally. It would be totally insincere and underserving self-flattery, but better than nothing.

Any thoughts to including the running GC podium in addition to the stage wins? Nothing is too hard if I don't have to do it.
maybe. i’ll look at it later today. that first post is getting bigger and bigger. wasn’t interested in it but it
may prove telling when looking back during those homebound, winter months when this forum “dies” during the huge three months of the offseason.
Old 03-21-22, 03:33 PM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Bikes: Cross-Check/Nexus commuter. Several others for various forms of play.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked 576 Times in 445 Posts
I was just rabble rousing, but thinking it through a bit more:

1. It's probably wise to throw a link to the league in there. They're generally there for a good long while, though the format changes every now and then so you can't always suss them out on a look-back basis. Such as https://www.velogames.com/catalunya/...ague=539488111

2. The options from those league pages give you the stage results. They don't capture the GC-to-date. So maybe I was on to something! Or perhaps just on something.
Old 03-21-22, 09:31 PM
diphthong

I was just rabble rousing, but thinking it through a bit more:

1. It's probably wise to throw a link to the league in there. They're generally there for a good long while, though the format changes every now and then so you can't always suss them out on a look-back basis. Such as https://www.velogames.com/catalunya/...ague=539488111

2. The options from those league pages give you the stage results. They don't capture the GC-to-date. So maybe I was on to something! Or perhaps just on something.
tinkered with the first posts of both the superclassico thread as well as the stage race championship thread here and there. added some color and trophies. let me know if y'all want something else.
superclasico game has the running total of all races/participants readily available. stage race championship game, not so much (or i'm just totally incompetent-probably both) so will (try to) keep a
running top three/podium listing/point total.

Last edited by diphthong; 03-21-22 at 11:39 PM.
Old 03-22-22, 01:04 PM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Wednesday racing this time of year. Time to make the donuts!

Originally Posted by ooga-booga
tinkered with the first posts of both the superclassico thread as well as the stage race championship thread here and there. added some color and trophies. let me know if y'all want something else.
superclasico game has the running total of all races/participants readily available. stage race championship game, not so much (or i'm just totally incompetent-probably both) so will (try to) keep a
running top three/podium listing/point total.
Does it? Where? All I can find are the stage totals and the current GC standings.

Anyway, machts nichts. The lead post is already starting to look like an arcane memorial to steephill.tv while providing ample fuel for future reminiscing. Follow your muse and that eclectic sound track that's playing in your head.

Old 03-23-22, 12:13 PM
GrainBrain

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 609 Times in 458 Posts
Groenewegen!!?? Where did you come from!!?? I thought you were sick. Welcome back!

I'm working my way up and I commend you on allowing me to draft and slingshot around Cees

Who's our newest contender?
Old 03-23-22, 01:11 PM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

There is a new interloper in our little back water. We are in the presence of greatness.
Old 03-23-22, 09:26 PM
diphthong

we've got a league shopper. no visible footprint on bikeforums.net so unless they make themselves known posthaste/pronto, disregarding every single one of their
status, points, wins and losses in the superclasico and stage race championship games. no different than the usual yahoos that jump into the league near the end of a gt game.

Last edited by diphthong; 03-24-22 at 10:59 AM.
Old 03-23-22, 09:35 PM
diphthong

we've got a new rainbow jersey! congrats GrainBrain!
Old 03-23-22, 09:40 PM
diphthong

no rest for the weary/wicked in superclasico...the e3 saxo bank classic team choices roster is available now! you haz a day
cuz it shuts off omgee early on friday the 25th. get them picks in!
Old 03-24-22, 04:32 AM
GrainBrain

we've got a league shopper. no visible footprint on bikeforums.net so unless they make themselves known posthaste/pronto, disregarding every single one of their
status, points, wins and losses in the superclasico and stage race championship games. no different that the usual yahoos that jump into the league near the end of a gt game.
we've got a new rainbow jersey! congrats GrainBrain!
Savoring it for the moment! I'll give our interloper the nod this time but not again. Such a shame to miss out on the opportunity to smack talk or encourage.
Old 03-24-22, 07:08 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

I think Keka 76 is MinnMan's alter-ego. The dude is a force and it's still cold for riding up there.
Likes For slcbob:
Old 03-24-22, 07:10 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Originally Posted by GrainBrain
Savoring it for the moment! I'll give our interloper the nod this time but not again. Such a shame to miss out on the opportunity to smack talk or encourage.
Do not go gentle into that good night
Old age should burn and rave and smack talk at close of day
Rage, rage, against the dying of the light.
Likes For slcbob:
Old 03-25-22, 11:59 AM
diphthong

e3 is dun but gent-wevelgem looms large! submit them pix before sunday the 27. velogames should have
roster changes available later today...at the latest by tomorrow.
Old 03-25-22, 03:44 PM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Another great day for our Superclasico host.

Unfortunately, his evil goat twin is finding the going a little rougher. It's hard to keep track of all these young upstarts and lose the ability to fall back on the regular suspects like Talansky and TJVG. GrainBrain seems to be combing the increasingly-pay-walled literature to dig out some winners, staying up late and transferring in his sleep to exploit the knowledge. Meanwhile, semroc , canam73 , and I are just having a tough time getting to the start line present and correct.

Still 34 or thereabouts races to go. The season is young!
Likes For slcbob:
Old 03-27-22, 01:48 PM
canam73

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Ufda. Haven't changed riders since this started. Won't help here, but hey, I still have all my transfers left in the other one. So I got that going for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQiOA7euaYA

Unfortunately, his evil goat twin is finding the going a little rougher. It's hard to keep track of all these young upstarts and lose the ability to fall back on the regular suspects like Talansky and TJVG. GrainBrain seems to be combing the increasingly-pay-walled literature to dig out some winners, staying up late and transferring in his sleep to exploit the knowledge. Meanwhile, semroc , canam73 , and I are just having a tough time getting to the start line present and correct.

Old 03-27-22, 02:04 PM
diphthong

congrats to slcbob in nabbing gent-wevelgem!

felt pretty good about the odds to pilfer another catty 2 in the early going of a
season/sunday in hell...zoicks! alas, not to be.

ddv (dwars door vlaanderen) beckons howevs. yet another chance to ride a painted pony and
let the spinning wheel spin. ddv is wed, the 30th...team changes likely available starting mon, the 28th.

Last edited by diphthong; 03-27-22 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-27-22, 02:06 PM
diphthong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQiOA7euaYA

ain't that the truth.
Old 03-30-22, 05:33 AM
GrainBrain

^^ Paying the Piper hasn't seemed too lucrative yet. You'll read the meat of it to till the paywall; then click thru to astounding insights from the riders like "yeah I was in the back and Tadej was the strongest" and other generic stuff

Biggest advantage has been streaming in the background at work and listening to the commentary.

I'm excited for this round of dwars since I presciently swapped out Boivin to make room for Pedersen! So much illness. Just saw now a crash took out Bjerg and Pöstlberger which sucks.
Old 03-30-22, 10:20 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Curse those variegated variants. Another 1-2 for the man from heartland.
Old 03-30-22, 11:19 PM
diphthong

congrats to Grain Brain and team Variegated variants! nice ddv dubya!
Old 03-30-22, 11:23 PM
diphthong

and the march continues...tour of flanders/ronde van vlaanderen is sunday, april 3rd. yes, it's a monument. come correct and bring your best game.
ability to change lineups should be available at some point...friday, april 1st at the latest.
Old 04-01-22, 07:51 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

VG is live for de Ronde. PCS startlist still shows WVA but he's widely reported to be questionable. Is this psychological warfare on TJV's part? First BV with Mohoric throwing it in everyone's face that he was going to drop it & plummet down the Poggio and they best think twice about following the madman, now Wout sand-bagging the field? I doubt it, since he's never going to blend and be forgotten no matter how off he pretends to be. So I just fielded a Woutless team for Superclasico and can avoid transferring him back on for Spring Classics. So many bad picks still to make, though.
Old 04-01-22, 11:42 AM
GrainBrain

I'm wondering about MvdP as well; with illness about he went really hard in Dwars though he always does his dramatic fall to the curb gasping thing. Sunday is almost the perfect length of incubation time from Wednesday for fatigue to start. Plus the weather will be very cold at the start. Hmm smells like an outsider for a chance ...

... Tobias Halland Johannessen
... Okay starting temp is supposed to be like 27°F which apparently is "bitter cold" Gosh I can't wait to retire somewhere warm ...

Last edited by GrainBrain; 04-01-22 at 11:47 AM.
Likes For GrainBrain:
Old 04-02-22, 08:15 AM
GrainBrain

... The Pog and Connor Swift did recons Friday in the snow ...​​​​

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.