Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recreational & Family
Reload this Page >

Installing seat in Burley Solo trailer

Notices
Recreational & Family Ride just to ride? Have a family and want to get them into cycling? Drop in here to discuss recreational and family cycling issues.

Old 12-26-21, 06:38 AM
andrew2

Bikes: Trek 7100 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After rather a lot of vomit I took the seat out of a Burley Solo trailer (2018) in order to thoroughly clean everything. A few parts needed replacing so there was some delay whilst I waited for them to arrive. Now I’m trying to put it back together and of course I can’t work out how.

The bottom of the back of the seat - where the seat goes from being horizontal to vertical - has two straps with eyelets and I felt sure they bolted to the two holes in the bars of the frame found at about the right spot. However the eyelets in the seat aren’t wide enough by about 10mm. Have I shrunk the seat somehow? I did put it in the washing machine as the last step of cleaning but not on a hot wash. Or does this just take a lot of stretching to
install?

I also have a separate strap with eyelets in each end. I thought it went on the same bolts as the seat, just underneath - i.e. between the seat and the frame. The marks on the seat eyelets though suggest they were directly on top of the bars of the frame. I can’t work out what the functional reason for the strap is.

Has anyone had any experience reassembling a Burley child trailer? Or has one and can take a look how the seat is attached?

I couldn’t find any exploded diagrams actually showing the seat, just the frame :-( Obviously I should have taken photos when disassembling but…well there was a lot of vomit…

Last edited by andrew2; 12-26-21 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-26-21, 09:49 AM
andrew2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looking I to the trailer from the front. The two eyelets that I think should be bolted to the frame are circled.

The extra strap. Longer than the seat is wide (that is the distance between the eyelets is greater) but it will still be a struggle to get it to reach.
Old 01-02-22, 12:42 PM
andrew2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Solved

I found a kind Burley trailer owner who had a look so the answers for future searchers…

The strap goes under the seat at the front.

If you soak the strap and seat in water it will expand enough to fit it easily. I soaked for a day and half but it probably doesn’t take that long.

You will probably need to take the suspension off to get to the bolts for the seat back. You will want to attach the springs to it’s mounts after the back mounts are fitted but before the front.