Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Zwift Updated, like I have a choice.

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-21, 03:31 PM
jlmonte

Bikes: Colnago Brain, Master Bi-Titanio, Vitus 979, Specialized Roubaix, Salsa Marrakesh, and a couple of Treks

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 27 Posts

I double click Zwift, and while launching an update is required. In reasonable time I’m login, setup, pick a Neokyo route and Alexa has Xmas music playing. 5 miles into the ride, Zwift stops responding. Irritated for all the right reasons, I go back to double clicking Zwift to restart the ride. As a Stoic, I rationalize it’s a new feature for lazy riders like me to put in an extra 5 miles. 🚴🏾‍♂️
Old 12-16-21, 05:04 PM
Warbird21

Bikes: Salsa Warbird

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked 163 Times in 85 Posts
They sent me an email today about the update and suggested I log in early, to allow for the update time, before a planned ride. I ignored it last night, but better get it done tonight.
Old 12-16-21, 09:33 PM
AdkMtnMonster
Airplanes, bikes, beer.

Bikes: Road bikes, mountain bikes, a cx bike, a gravel bike…

Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 339 Posts
I've been having a few little irritating glitches with Zwift lately. Lots of freezes, drops, failure to save or upload to Strava. WiFi connection is fine, no problems there. I hope this update fixes whatever's been going on. I've logged Z rides daily since before Hallowe'en, and haven't had any problems til last week. Now it's nearly every day. None of my hardware or software changed. Fingers crossed...
Old 12-24-21, 09:20 PM
Thomas15
I think I know nothing.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 290 Times in 204 Posts
I have a dedicated laptop that I use for Zwift, a windows 7 OS. I have not been on my trainer for about 2 months and so when I jumped on a few days ago I had to do this massive upgrade. I also got a message I think from Zwift Insider but maybe from Zwift that the next upgrade will require Windows 10. I had been trying to avoid this upgrade not sure why though.

Anyway I found a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and jumped on my trainer, rode 2 hours and this was the first time in over a year that I didn't have at least one dropout. Hopefully that trend will continue.
Likes For Thomas15:
Old 12-29-21, 06:14 AM
jpescatore

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Disc, Jamis Renegade

Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked 304 Times in 217 Posts
I run Zwift on Apple TV and have it set to auto update the Zwift app - very rare for me to have to update before a ride, usually only after some kind of power outage.

I've been using Zwift for 5 years, across PC/iPad/ATV, Apple TV by far the best experience.

Almost all the drop outs I've experienced have been WiFi or Bluetooth issues, rarely Zwift software issues. With Trainer, HRM, and cadence sensor connected all works fine. If I add a Blue Tooth headphone to the mix, seems to be too much BT going on and I'll see drop outs.
Old 12-29-21, 03:27 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4387 Post(s)
Liked 4,828 Times in 2,984 Posts
Zwift is rock solid on my iMac, which is quite an old Model (Late 2013). Been running Zwift for 2 years and it has never dropped out even once. I get the occasional software update on start-up, but usually just takes a few seconds to patch. There was a bigger upgrade recently for the new world, but even that only took a few minutes.
Old 12-29-21, 08:10 PM
tempocyclist

Bikes: 2002 Trek 5200 (US POSTAL), 2020 Canyon Aeroad SL

Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked 679 Times in 327 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
Zwift is rock solid on my iMac, which is quite an old Model (Late 2013). Been running Zwift for 2 years and it has never dropped out even once. I get the occasional software update on start-up, but usually just takes a few seconds to patch. There was a bigger upgrade recently for the new world, but even that only took a few minutes.

Same. I've ridden countless hours of Zwift on three different Windows 10 laptops, my iPad, and both an HD and 4K version Apple TV. Used both ANT+ and Bluetooth. Various smart trainers, HR straps and powermeters.

Never once had any issues at all.

(my first laptop did struggle with frame rates and processing rider positions, but that's a hardware issue not a Zwift issue)
Old 12-31-21, 11:29 AM
Thomas15
I think I know nothing.

Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 290 Times in 204 Posts
3 more Zwift rides and still no drop-outs with Windows 10 I'm happy so far. It is very annoying in a group ride to have a drop out.
Old 01-02-22, 03:12 AM
jlmonte

Bikes: Colnago Brain, Master Bi-Titanio, Vitus 979, Specialized Roubaix, Salsa Marrakesh, and a couple of Treks

Liked 40 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by tempocyclist
Same. I've ridden countless hours of Zwift on three different Windows 10 laptops, my iPad, and both an HD and 4K version Apple TV. Used both ANT+ and Bluetooth. Various smart trainers, HR straps and powermeters.

Never once had any issues at all.

(my first laptop did struggle with frame rates and processing rider positions, but that's a hardware issue not a Zwift issue)
I think it was Neokyo related after seeing notes from the latest update. And, It could have been on my client side, since the laptop is an old wife hand-me-down running who knows what obsolete services. BTW, as a Superstitious Stoic, I tremble at any inference that past outcomes determine future performance 😬.
Old 01-02-22, 01:51 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 1,179 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by jlmonte
I think it was Neokyo related after seeing notes from the latest update. And, It could have been on my client side, since the laptop is an old wife hand-me-down running who knows what obsolete services. BTW, as a Superstitious Stoic, I tremble at any inference that past outcomes determine future performance 😬.
careful. I'm sure you ment to say "old laptop from my wonderful wife." Don't want you getting into trouble.
Old 01-03-22, 01:50 PM
aspalmat

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
Running Zwift on a older MacBook, a 2105 model, and it has been very stable. I used to to run Zwift on a Windows 10 laptop, and had the occasional random power drop-out with it. I was using Ant+ for my connection to my trainer. I don't recall having a power drop out since I've been running it on the Mac. That it using a blue tooth connection through the companion app. Same on the upgrades. I get the occasional upgrade message, and it seems it never takes more than 30 - 45 seconds to do the upgrade, and I'm of an riding after that.
Old 01-03-22, 04:39 PM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 346 Posts
I run Zwift on my ipad, older version of an ipad but still updates fine. It has been a zero issue as far as working perfectly. However the ipad in game graphics are not as good as a PC or like set up. But for the trouble free always working set up I will keep with the ipad. Graphics are not bad just not as crisp as a pc. My buddy has a PC to a 4k tv and even for a "video game" its very noticeably better than my ipad. Still good enough for me on my 6th season.