Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

The Dutch invasion (or show us your DUTCH bikes)

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

The Dutch invasion (or show us your DUTCH bikes)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-10, 02:20 AM
steinbra

Bikes: Duell Performance, Koga-Miyata Pro-Racer, RIH Model Campagnolo, 96 Spezialized Rockhopper Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by no*dice
Here is my Frame. It is for Sale, cause it is to young for my C Record built up...

More Pictures here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/34779287@N03/4502765820/

&

https://www.classicbikeshop.eu/frame-...e-details.html

greetings

Dice
Size & price?
Will you ship abroad?
Old 04-19-10, 03:59 AM
oldmuthariley

Bikes: 2009 BobJackson Vigorelli, 1979 Gazelle Champion Mondial, 1989 Dave Russell 653

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
that gazelle is beautiful but don't have the $$

here's my puprle champion mondial (again!) - finally completely happy with it...

Old 04-19-10, 06:41 AM
no*dice
best friends

Bikes: Albuch Kotter Scapin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good Ride! Do not know about the purpel HS...

Regards

Dice
Old 04-19-10, 02:26 PM
Elev12k

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 72 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by 20grit
I'll throw in mine, though it's not at all complete. I'm slowly accumulating parts; I'm hoping for a suntour superbe pro with barcons build.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/24428532@N06/4521448939/

a link to the gallery. In there is a photo of the Zeus 2000 fork crown I was asked about a while back. Someone has filed off the top of the seat tube's lug, and there's quite a bit of rust in a few places. I'm pondering reshaping that lug and a repaint, opinions would be more than welcome.
Nice, but not in garage queen or concours winning condition ...yet! You could do some filing on the seatlug. I do not know who does proper Gazelle repaints on the other side of the pond. I do know Cyclomondo's eBay shop has decals available.

On the cable guides on the toptube: I have never seen that variation before
Old 04-19-10, 02:28 PM
Elev12k

Originally Posted by oldmuthariley
that gazelle is beautiful but don't have the $$

here's my puprle champion mondial (again!) - finally completely happy with it...

That is a nice ride. Without any doubt a well functioning enjoyable rider ...& that looks good too! Personally I tend to like the quirky touch you've added with the pinkish CK.
Old 04-19-10, 02:34 PM
Elev12k

20grit,

I now see that next to the already quite rare Zeus crown fork and the oddball guides your frame possesses more very interesting detailing: long rear dropouts (A-frame) with the 'X' shape reinforment between the chainstay (AA-frame)

Old 04-19-10, 03:49 PM
no*dice
best friends

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
while hanging arround in 123, I found a brand called "Duell", still producing Steelframes...

https://www.duell.nl/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
00 fork..jpg (55.5 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg
00 full..jpg (75.7 KB, 148 views)
Old 04-19-10, 04:55 PM
20grit
Curmudgeon in Training

Bikes: 1974 Gazelle Champion Mondial, 2010 Cannondale Trail SL, 1988 Peugeot Nice, 1992ish Stumpjumper Comp,1990's Schwinn Moab

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Elev12k
20grit,

I now see that next to the already quite rare Zeus crown fork and the oddball guides your frame possesses more very interesting detailing: long rear dropouts (A-frame) with the 'X' shape reinforment between the chainstay (AA-frame)

It has been a joy for me to try to identify it as well. I am really looking forward to getting it built up.. Right now, I'm threatening putting 9 speed dura ace on it. It's already not original and I could use the gears for climbing around here.

Love the paint combination too. Then again, I love alot of the ones in this thread too.
Old 04-19-10, 04:57 PM
Elev12k

Originally Posted by no*dice
while hanging arround in 123, I found a brand called "Duell", still producing Steelframes...

https://www.duell.nl/
Duell are fine 'Made in Holland' frames by Jan van Dalen. The example you show appears to be equipped with Shimano RX100, what is a little low endish for a Duell. Initially he built with lugs, but nowadays he swears by welding for his performance orientated frames.
Old 04-19-10, 05:02 PM
Elev12k

It has been a joy for me to try to identify it as well. I am really looking forward to getting it built up.. Right now, I'm threatening putting 9 speed dura ace on it. It's already not original and I could use the gears for climbing around here.

Love the paint combination too. Then again, I love alot of the ones in this thread too.
I do not think it can be identified into a model. It is pretty unique. I do also have one such a frame that doesn't fit it in a catagory.

The combination of colours, panels and graphics is indeed well choosen. I like that about the Champion Mondials in general.
Old 04-19-10, 08:37 PM
cuda2k
Unique Vintage Steel

Bikes: Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Surly Straggler

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 56 Posts
I've heard from more than one source that Gazelle would build up a Champion Mondial to what ever specs the customer desired (for the right price most likely). I can certainly see a few dutch racers going straight to Gazelle for special request builds to suit their specific needs which would take design cues from several of the existing models and mix 'em together. Don't tell the wife, but I would like to find an early 80's of some model (Cyclocross maybe??) in Red w/ white panels to go with the white and blue Gazelles I have now. Or maybe an AA-Frame to hang my Super Record group on.
Old 04-19-10, 08:56 PM
no*dice
best friends

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If I had the chance they have to built it just like that:

I love those half painted stays and fork blades!

ps: Gazelle Gold Line is sold!

Last edited by no*dice; 04-20-10 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-21-10, 01:44 AM
paulkal

Bikes: 2007 Nagasawa with C-Record, 1992 Duell with Croce D'aune/Chorus, three Gazelles, M5 recumbent

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
Duell are fine 'Made in Holland' frames by Jan van Dalen. The example you show appears to be equipped with Shimano RX100, what is a little low endish for a Duell. Initially he built with lugs, but nowadays he swears by welding for his performance orientated frames.
I agree that Duell frames are very nice. I have one that I bought in 1992, which is still almost original. It was custom made for me and is one of the most comfortable bikes I know.
Old 04-21-10, 06:17 AM
no*dice
best friends

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thats one nice Ride! Good set up!

Dice
Old 04-21-10, 04:32 PM
Carabo

Bikes: https://www.pedalroom.com/members/Carabo

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 3 Posts

Wow! I'm amazed to find this. My dad's Gazelle is 100% identical to this frame/fork, just two sizes smaller. It's an AA frame with the same cable routing and chainstay/brake bridges. He told me he didn't like the standard painted fork and ordered a chromed Zeus fork instead. It seems like more people took that option.

I've got a makeover planned for his bike involving a Campa Veloce '08 group , will post in here when I'm done with it.
Old 04-22-10, 10:36 AM
Carabo

Bikes: https://www.pedalroom.com/members/Carabo

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 3 Posts
Image of said bike. Straight from the garage, dusty and all. Components are mostly Suntour Superbe.

Old 04-22-10, 11:37 AM
20grit
Curmudgeon in Training

Bikes: 1974 Gazelle Champion Mondial, 2010 Cannondale Trail SL, 1988 Peugeot Nice, 1992ish Stumpjumper Comp,1990's Schwinn Moab

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Very nice. but you know what you need to do now???? polish it up and post some high res stuff so i can drool a bit.
Old 04-26-10, 02:15 AM
steinbra

Bikes: Duell Performance, Koga-Miyata Pro-Racer, RIH Model Campagnolo, 96 Spezialized Rockhopper Comp

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just for reference Ill post my non-vintage Duell Performance, specially built for some semi-pro team, and purchased second hand by me two seasons ago. This picture is from last summer. It now has new wheels and not red bottlecages. Campa Centaur group. Frame is welded Dedacciai 12.5.

https://picasaweb.google.com/solvpile...eat=directlink

Last edited by steinbra; 04-26-10 at 02:18 AM. Reason: No images
Old 04-26-10, 03:29 AM
s70rguy
presto, pronto, prego!

Bikes: Dave Lloyd custom, Brands SLX, Visser Vainqueur, XACD ti custom, Hewitt Scandium, Presto 1972, and more ...

Liked 21 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by steinbra
Just for reference Ill post my non-vintage Duell Performance, specially built for some semi-pro team, and purchased second hand by me two seasons ago. This picture is from last summer. It now has new wheels and not red bottlecages. Campa Centaur group. Frame is welded Dedacciai 12.5.

https://picasaweb.google.com/solvpile...eat=directlink

Why do you think this was from a semi-pro team?
Old 05-03-10, 03:47 AM
steinbra

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by s70rguy
Why do you think this was from a semi-pro team?
The seller told me he had bought it from a friend to whom it did not fit. He himself used it for "Elite without contract level. That is just 2 steps below professionals."
And then I contacted Duell for a colourcode of the blue, I got this answer:
Dear .......,
There is no colournumber from that colour, because me mixed this colour in
the past special for the Racing Team.

Sorry,
Best Regards,
Jan van Dalen
Old 05-03-10, 03:58 AM
steinbra

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dutch handcraft - the building of a RIH

My fellow RIH-rider in Norway, Ove, showed me these links to youtube-flicks from the Amsterdam workshop. As it says in the quote at the beginning: "De mooiste fietsen komen uit de Jordaan..."

Enjoy!
Old 05-03-10, 04:22 AM
s70rguy
presto, pronto, prego!

Bikes: Dave Lloyd custom, Brands SLX, Visser Vainqueur, XACD ti custom, Hewitt Scandium, Presto 1972, and more ...

Liked 21 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by steinbra
The seller told me he had bought it from a friend to whom it did not fit. He himself used it for "Elite without contract level. That is just 2 steps below professionals."
And then I contacted Duell for a colourcode of the blue, I got this answer:
Dear .......,
There is no colournumber from that colour, because me mixed this colour in
the past special for the Racing Team.

Sorry,
Best Regards,
Jan van Dalen
I see. On the toptube is 'BCP'. BCP is the painting firm of Brady van Dalen, the brother of Jan van Dalen. They used to share the premises in 's-Gravenzande, or Hoek van Holland, I forget.
https://www.specialpaintwork.nl/

Maybe you could contact Brady to find out what team this was. I'm surprised Jan didn't tell you right away. I' puzzled too, the only semi-pro or elite team in that area (het Westland, where they grow tomatoes, cucmbers and flowers) is WWV (Westland Wil Vooruit), and they didn't use Duell. I think!
Old 05-07-10, 03:55 PM
steinbra

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by s70rguy
I see. On the toptube is 'BCP'. BCP is the painting firm of Brady van Dalen, the brother of Jan van Dalen. They used to share the premises in 's-Gravenzande, or Hoek van Holland, I forget.
https://www.specialpaintwork.nl/

Maybe you could contact Brady to find out what team this was. I'm surprised Jan didn't tell you right away. I' puzzled too, the only semi-pro or elite team in that area (het Westland, where they grow tomatoes, cucmbers and flowers) is WWV (Westland Wil Vooruit), and they didn't use Duell. I think!
Thanks! Ill do that. Of course, I dont know if it actually did belong to a team, or how this is, and it does not really matter to me. I love the bike. It fits med quite well.
Old 05-11-10, 04:23 AM
Elev12k

Old 05-11-10, 05:56 AM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Quoted: 7346 Post(s)
Liked 2,453 Times in 1,430 Posts
Lovely specimens, Elev12k. What year are the frame and the jersey?

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.