Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

NordicTrack Lower bracket service-Help!

Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Old 07-18-22, 05:44 PM
Telsta860

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is my first post…Greetings!

Several years ago (2017) we bought the GX 35 exercise bike from nordictrack and it’s held up pretty well however as of late, there has been a disturbing noise develop in the main bearing, or what nordic calls the lower bracket. It’s the bearing/bushing behind the drive sprocket. It’s like an irregular, loud clacking noise. They want $95 for a new one and I’m wondering if the one I have is serviceable.

I would hate to order a new one and then take it all apart only to realize I could have just fixed the old one. Taking it apart, and waiting weeks for the part and maybe dealing with a return doesn’t sound appealing either. I’ve reached out to NordicTrack but no one over there seems to know anything but $179 plus mileage for a service call.

Mama says we shouldn’t worry about it and it’s working fine and she’s right of course in that it’s working fine, and I’m certain it will continue to work fine until it doesn’t.

Clack….Clack clack…Clack…Clack!! Not good. lol

Do any of you guys have any experience with this?

Thanks!

Last edited by Telsta860; 07-18-22 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-18-22, 06:59 PM
Chuck M 
Happy With My Bikes

Bikes: Hi-Ten bike boomers, a Trek Domane and some projects

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 867 Post(s)
Liked 2,277 Times in 1,099 Posts
Just looking at what I googled for NordicTrack bottom bracket, it looks like these are way overpriced compared to a regular bicycle BB. But I don't know if what I found was what you need, I just looked in general. If it was mine, I'd pull the BB apart and take it to the local bike shop to see if they could identify it. I wouldn't think NordicTrack would have a custom made BB for their equipment but I could be wrong.