Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

Dropper post

Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Dropper post

Old 12-15-21, 12:51 PM
SanJuanBikeGal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dropper post

New components. I will be internally routing this component, thinking about using a zip tie maybe two on bottom. Is this going to a problem when I ride MTB trails?

X Fusion Manic 100mm
Oct 20, 2021
Handlebar, Saddle, Seatpost
Dropper Post
465.0000 g
$142.00
Travel: 100mm; Outside Diameter (O.D.) 30.9mm; Length 100mm: 324.5mm; Minimum Insert: 80mm
Old 12-16-21, 06:40 AM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
What do you mean "[use] a zip tie maybe two on the bottom?" Without more info, the basic answer to whether it is a problem on MTB trails, isn't the use case of a dropper post on a MTB on MTB trails?

More info would be helpful to answer your questions.
Old 12-16-21, 07:49 PM
SanJuanBikeGal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Badger6
What do you mean "[use] a zip tie maybe two on the bottom?" Without more info, the basic answer to whether it is a problem on MTB trails, isn't the use case of a dropper post on a MTB on MTB trails?

More info would be helpful to answer your questions.
Right answer about MTB post for the trails, I cannot internally route the wires.
Old 12-17-21, 05:15 AM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
Ah, okay. Great question on the cable for the dropper. My son's MTB also does not permit internal routing of the dropper cable, but in his case, there was a cable guide on the BB shell that we ran the cable housing through. It has been flawless.

Does your frame have cable guides on the frame that you can use for keeping the housing in place? If not, zip ties should achieve the same effect.