Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Bike Decal Maker Question

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-22, 03:43 PM
buddiiee 

Bikes: 70's Nuovo Record Jeunet Franche Compte, '88 105 Trek 1200, '85 Victory Bianchi Vittoria, '89 Exage Bianchi Strada LX, '11 Shimano Masi Partenza

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts

Does anyone know of a U.S. based bike decal manufacturer at all? It seems EVERYthing road bike related is in Europe, and I hate ordering things from overseas. Thanks.

Likes For buddiiee:
Old 05-12-22, 03:48 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6189 Post(s)
Liked 4,806 Times in 3,315 Posts
Didn't look too hard did you?

https://velocals.com/
Old 05-12-22, 03:59 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Liked 1,433 Times in 815 Posts
https://velocals.com/. Myself and many members from the forums have made purchases. They have a large selection, do custom work, good quality. My experience is positive for the quality, the shipping time not so good, communication lacking. I would buy decals from them again, knowing a head of time that patience is needed, but the quality will be good. I do not know if they offer an expedited order option.
Likes For delbiker1:
Old 05-12-22, 03:59 PM
buddiiee 

Bikes: 70's Nuovo Record Jeunet Franche Compte, '88 105 Trek 1200, '85 Victory Bianchi Vittoria, '89 Exage Bianchi Strada LX, '11 Shimano Masi Partenza

I've seen them before; I sware they were from Australia. I must have them confused with someone else then. Thanks!

Old 05-12-22, 05:22 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
I just use my local sign shop that does decals for vehicles. They can create anything, any color, any background and the materials they use is road worthy. It's especially easy if you have a sample for them to look at, either old ones on your bike or a photo and some dimensions. They'll be surprisingly cheap.
Likes For Camilo:
Old 05-12-22, 07:12 PM
Charlie Ky
Otis Fan

Bikes: Specialized Roll 2.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Camilo
I just use my local sign shop that does decals for vehicles. They can create anything, any color, any background and the materials they use is road worthy. It's especially easy if you have a sample for them to look at, either old ones on your bike or a photo and some dimensions. They'll be surprisingly cheap.
Timely thread topic and thank you for your reply ! I was wanting to find some decals (non brand related) for my bike and nothing I found online was what I have in mind. I'll just find a few images to show a sign shop and get them that way. Reflective pin striping is one idea I have if they can do it.
Likes For Charlie Ky:
Old 05-13-22, 06:05 AM
JohnDThompson 
Old fart

Bikes: Several, mostly not name brands.

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Quoted: 3587 Post(s)
Liked 3,398 Times in 1,932 Posts
Originally Posted by buddiiee
I've seen them before; I sware they were from Australia. I must have them confused with someone else then. Thanks!
You're thinking of Greg Softley (aka "cyclomondo").

There's also Gus Salmon, based in Florida: https://www.facebook.com/gsalmondecals/
Likes For JohnDThompson:
Old 05-13-22, 07:10 AM
buddiiee 

Originally Posted by JohnDThompson

There's also Gus Salmon, based in Florida: https://www.facebook.com/gsalmondecals/
I see. Thank you!

Old 05-13-22, 07:50 AM
_ForceD_
Sr Member on Sr bikes

Bikes: Several...from old junk to new all-carbon.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1019 Post(s)
Liked 785 Times in 414 Posts
I’ve used Sticky Life https://www.stickylife.com/ You have to provide the graphics, but they’re pretty affordable. I’ve found that Velocals really isn’t into creating new decals if there isn’t a demand for them. They’re OK for the stuff they have in stock…I purchased a set from them for and old Motobecane I refurbished. But I tried to get them to create a set for an old, uncommon bike I have which they didn’t have in stock (a Tunturi) and they wouldn’t do it. But I created the simple graphics of the original Turturi decals and sent it to StickLife and they did it with no problem.

Dan
Old 05-13-22, 03:41 PM
buddiiee 

Originally Posted by delbiker1
https://velocals.com/. Myself and many members from the forums have made purchases. They have a large selection, do custom work, good quality. My experience is positive for the quality, the shipping time not so good, communication lacking. I would buy decals from them again, knowing a head of time that patience is needed, but the quality will be good. I do not know if they offer an expedited order option.
I see; I actually had the same commo problem with them as well a few years back though lately (past few days) I've had great (timely) communication with them. Something must have changed over there.

Old 05-13-22, 04:57 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6189 Post(s)
Liked 4,806 Times in 3,315 Posts
Originally Posted by buddiiee
Originally Posted by JohnDThompson

Actually 8 years ago or so when I was looking for decals, I was under the same misconception and it was indeed Cyclomondo that I was confusing Velocals with.

Though I notice now that Velocals is in Arlington TX, I thought they were some place in the northern midwest.
Old 05-13-22, 09:01 PM
3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Quoted: 26400 Post(s)
Liked 10,373 Times in 7,202 Posts
...some of these decal guys have certain specialties, so who I order from depends a lot on what I'm painting.
There are things that H Lloyd in the UK makes that nobody else does, Greg Softley is especially good with the foil decals for Gitane of a certain era, etc, etc.

There was one guy over in Eastern Europe for a while who did nice work, and I got a set for an early Rossin, but he was sort of cranky, and I think he just quit doing it.
Old 05-13-22, 09:45 PM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 961 Post(s)
Liked 1,627 Times in 1,044 Posts
Originally Posted by Camilo
I just use my local sign shop that does decals for vehicles...
The bumper sticker decals work really well too...

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...knockoffs.html