Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area
Reload this Page >

Current view on fastest indoor tubular track tire

Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

Old 05-22-21, 09:35 PM
m_sasso

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 98 Times in 60 Posts

What is the current view on fastest indoor tubular track tire, Continental Sonderklasse II, Victoria Pista Speed G2, Victoria Pista Oro G2 or something else that is available to mere mortals?
Based on what info?

Thanks!
Old 05-23-21, 06:43 AM
Morelock

Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 37 Posts
There is a sticky track tire thread.

For "mortals" that want to put something in the cart, have it shipped to them, glue it up and be at the 99.x% you should get the Vittorias. There are a few folks that prefer the feel of Dugast pinks but nobody that goes purely on data rolls them any longer.

Occasionally you see some Olympic tires on marketplaces trading (both the actual named Continental "Olympic 1-2" and the actual gold Vittorias) I've never seen anyone share their data on them and in general when they do show up it's around a grand for a pair :/ Very likely they are close (and possibly even worse) than the Vittoria Pista Speeds you can buy.

The Oro's being pretty new don't have any public data I've seen. My gut says they are probably a little better than the Speeds but it's hard to recommend them until at least you start seeing more folks (who pay attention to the very minor details) on them. Possibly Ganna (and ITA) are using them, hard to tell.

Last edited by Morelock; 05-23-21 at 06:48 AM.
Old 06-09-21, 12:56 AM
m_sasso

Thanks for the reply Morelock, went with Victoria Pista Oro's, should be here tomorrow. Going on a spanking new set of Corima C+ rear and a CN front. I will get them glued up for Friday's training and report back how they roll.
Old 06-10-21, 10:05 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
{sigh} https://www.bikeforums.net/track-cyc...questions.html
Old 06-13-21, 08:13 PM
m_sasso

Carleton just incorporate this into the track tire thread and delete this, please.

Didn't get to ride the new Vittoria Pista Oro tires, didn't pay attention to the wheels being directional and installed them backwards, da label goes on the outside, had to pull them off and re-glue! Try again on Monday.

Last edited by m_sasso; 06-13-21 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-14-21, 07:53 AM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by m_sasso
Carleton just incorporate this into the track tire thread and delete this, please.
I can’t. I’m no longer a mod here.

You can report this thread and ask that it be merged and maybe the mods will do so.
Old 06-14-21, 09:26 AM
Morelock

Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 37 Posts
Just edit the title to something like "Thread on new Vittoria Oro's"

Will be interesting to see more info on them, I saw the Italian National team is indeed on them