Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recreational & Family
Reload this Page >

My kid learned to ride today!

Search
Notices
Recreational & Family Ride just to ride? Have a family and want to get them into cycling? Drop in here to discuss recreational and family cycling issues.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-22, 08:33 PM
nenovster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

We are all wheeled now! Today my younger daughter began riding on her own at 6 years and 9 months old..

This was following a series of pleadings, promises, and threats since she turned 5. She would cry if I even mention getting on the bike. Earlier in the Summer we tried going around the block with no pedals, just scooting along while sitting on the seat. This past weekend, I threatened to take the iPad away and, to my surprise, she said “OK, let’s go!” I was holding her but she was leaning over too much. Today, she just took off pedaling on her own!

My older daughter is 8 and began riding at 6 years and 4 months old and is now constantly begging me to go riding around the neighborhood.

They both learned on a Vitus 16 (very happy with this bike) with no training wheels. I’ve noticed that they both keep their balance much better than my friends’ kids who learned to ride with training wheels.

That;s it, I was just excited about us and wanted to share.
Likes For nenovster: