Search
Notices
Single Speed and Fixed Gear Marketplace Your Single Speed, Fixed and Track Bike Exchange. Requires upgraded membership (Titanium or Red Star). Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Wraith steel track frame - FREE !

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-23, 03:31 PM
TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1331 Post(s)
Liked 764 Times in 431 Posts
Wraith steel track frame - FREE ! - SOLD

Edit on 12/28/2024 - SOLD

Well, not totally free, since I expect you to pay for shipping. Also, I will only ship to a USA address, lower 48 states. So, what's the deal, anyway ? Seven years ago I ordered a Wraith frame from this builder in Ohio, that touted it as a fixed gear criterium bike with road geometry. It is a modern steel frame made with Columbus Spirit tubing and is very light and stiff. It was supposed to have a 47cm (c-t) seat tube with a sloping top tube and come with water bottle bosses on both the down tube and seat tube. Instead, it has a 52cm seat tube with a horizontal top tube and only has water bottle bosses on the downtube. In addition, he screwed up the location of the seat stay bridge, such that the rear wheel can barely be inserted into the dropout before the tire rubs on the seat stay bridge. Finally, the paint job is terrible, and flakes off if you just look at it. Anyway, the frame builder made me another frame that was done properly, and did not ask me to return the old frame, which has been sitting in my living room for the last seven years. So, before I just toss it in the trash, I thought I'd list it here to see if anyone wants it for the cost of shipping. I'd estimate that you need at least a 30" inseam for stand over, but since it has a short 515mm top tube, you would need a fairly long stem. As to the seat stay bridge, I suppose it can be cut off to provide tire clearance without any structural ill effects, but that's something you'll have to decide for yourself. The head tube is tapered for a 1-1/8" to 1-1/2" fork steerer tube and it takes a 27.2" seat post. Anyway, PM me with any questions if you are interested. Peace, TT

Originally Posted by Dcv
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me

Last edited by TejanoTrackie; 12-28-23 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Item has sold
Likes For TejanoTrackie: