Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

I can get both of these bikes for $80. Can I swap the wheels? Should I buy

Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Old 08-31-22, 06:47 PM
LifeNovice1
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 16 Posts

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/770648080958541/

I can get both of these ZF bikes for $80. I know they aren't wabis but I just want something simple to ride around the neighborhood. The 55cm will fit, the other is too small. Thought I'd buy them, swap out the wheels since I hate the white deep dish and then sell the other bike for $30-40 with the hated wheels. I'm assuming the wheels are both 700c and swappable. Should I do it?
Old 09-01-22, 02:40 AM
Nofiltercycling
Mustard

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
I say do it because to me it’s fun swapping the parts you like more on to a frame that you like more. Also because someone might learn some maintenance mechanics and building a set of tools. Just don’t go stripping bolts you should be fine.

then go get a bike fitting jk they are expensive I’m just learning about them. They are interesting af. It’s a great way to make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t lol bc right a cheap suit can look nice if it’s fitted right.
Old 09-01-22, 08:28 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4253 Post(s)
Liked 3,866 Times in 2,579 Posts
Never heard of that brand but I gotta imagine the quality isn't great for the price if the bike is in good shape and if not in good shape probably rather expensive for $40. However $80 for 2 bikes could be decent enough especially considering the cost of scrap and the potential usability of the bikes for short neighborhood rides.
Old 03-11-23, 01:05 PM
Cruisin4bruisin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
What did you end up doing? I'm curios

I tend to do stuff like this all the time. Its kinda my hobby to buy used bikes, swap around some parts, keep what I like, and sell off the rest. (and I'm sure I'm not alone)

It just takes a while so you may be sitting on some parts or complete bikes for a while