Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Mongoose CB24V450 manual

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Mongoose CB24V450 manual

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-20, 01:53 AM
JoeTBM 
Droid on a mission

Bikes: Diamondback Wildwood Classic

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 280 Times in 195 Posts
Mongoose CB24V450 manual

I tried looking online but no luck. Anyone got a copy of the user manual for a Mongoose CB24V450 electric bike?

We just got one donated to the shop and it is missing the battery pack and charger, need the book to hook up temp batteries to test
throttle and motor before making other repairs. (shifter control need replacement, seat and post + general maintenance)

Old 08-10-20, 10:16 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked 822 Times in 621 Posts
Monster Scooter Parts seems to have the requisite spare parts, and might be able to help with setup. It could be as easy as attaching a 24V battery (or several in series for 24V) to the controller; this may require a "special connector" from the controller to the battery leads, or perhaps you can take the controller lead apart and locate the positive and negative leads.

Last edited by 2old; 08-10-20 at 10:23 AM.
Likes For 2old:
Old 08-11-20, 01:07 AM
JoeTBM 
Droid on a mission

Bikes: Diamondback Wildwood Classic

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 280 Times in 195 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
Monster Scooter Parts seems to have the requisite spare parts, and might be able to help with setup. It could be as easy as attaching a 24V battery (or several in series for 24V) to the controller; this may require a "special connector" from the controller to the battery leads, or perhaps you can take the controller lead apart and locate the positive and negative leads.
Yes thanks, we found that site and also this one. https://electricscooterparts.com/mon...cle-parts.html

The electric scooter parts site does list a manual but it is more generic and doesn't quite seem to match the model we have

The monster site lists the battery as discontinued.

Old 08-11-20, 10:23 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked 822 Times in 621 Posts
Seems like a possible solution is to locate a battery with the same "connector" as the controller.Try banggood for one that matches, or disassemble the one on the controller, locate the battery wires and solder/crimp a fitting to a battery. I did that to this connector.