Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

What are these bicycles worth?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-21, 11:01 AM
idk what to say

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
What are these bicycles worth?

Im not sure if it works I offered the seller 40$ he accepted that.

theres also this one but idk what to offer him.
Old 08-01-21, 01:13 PM
Mr. 66

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 1140 Post(s)
Liked 1,736 Times in 957 Posts
Pretty good on the Norco, don't bother with the Raliegh.

Last edited by Mr. 66; 08-01-21 at 01:18 PM.
Old 08-01-21, 01:31 PM
idk what to say

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. 66
Pretty good on the Norco, don't bother with the Raliegh.
Even if its like $10?
Old 08-01-21, 02:23 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,694 Times in 2,516 Posts
$10 is probably worth it. Too bad it has that fork instead of a rigid fork though.
Old 08-01-21, 02:28 PM
idk what to say

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
$10 is probably worth it. Too bad it has that fork instead of a rigid fork though.
Wait what's the difference? Im quite new to bikes.
Old 08-01-21, 03:23 PM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,751 Times in 938 Posts
Originally Posted by idk what to say
Wait what's the difference? Im quite new to bikes.
A small question but the answer is gigantic. Tubing type, age, components fitted, drops style, just to start. In each of those categories, there are sub categories defining quality level. The Norco will likely have better tubing, forged as opposed to stamped drops and better components fitted to the bike.

All that said probably does little to help you understand the difference. With that in mind, unless you are interested enough to begin doing some research, just go with the suggestions offered by some of the more schooled people on these forums. For the most part, the know what they are talking about and seem to like to help others.

For my money, the Norco is a better machine. I have owned a few myself, and found them all to be good bicycles. As a rule of thumb...

If it is sold in a department store, the quality is usually low. If it is sold in a bike shop, the bikes are usually better and you can always go back to the shop for advice or assistance. The Norco would have been sold in a bike shop. The Raleigh could have been sold in both.
Old 08-02-21, 09:26 AM
idk what to say

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by randyjawa
A small question but the answer is gigantic. Tubing type, age, components fitted, drops style, just to start. In each of those categories, there are sub categories defining quality level. The Norco will likely have better tubing, forged as opposed to stamped drops and better components fitted to the bike.

All that said probably does little to help you understand the difference. With that in mind, unless you are interested enough to begin doing some research, just go with the suggestions offered by some of the more schooled people on these forums. For the most part, the know what they are talking about and seem to like to help others.

For my money, the Norco is a better machine. I have owned a few myself, and found them all to be good bicycles. As a rule of thumb...

If it is sold in a department store, the quality is usually low. If it is sold in a bike shop, the bikes are usually better and you can always go back to the shop for advice or assistance. The Norco would have been sold in a bike shop. The Raleigh could have been sold in both.
Hahaha, ok thanks.
Old 08-02-21, 01:18 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
The Norco is circa 1985 while the Raleigh is circa 2000. I'm not convinced from the photos that the Norco is the better bicycle. The rear derailleur has been replaced, the front derailleur is missing and I'm seeing butted hubs, so it might be a low level, hi-tensile frame. The Raleigh should also be hi-tensile steel but the newer components should function better, assuming they're not worn out. The V-brakes will stop better and are easier to work on. The shift system will have more gears, indexed shifting and a Hyperglide compatible freewheel, so it should shift better but be more complex to work on. The fork is not great and will be an issue if it is shot. The missing saddle is an easier replacement than the missing front derailleur. Still, there are too many unknowns to say which is the better buy.
Old 08-02-21, 01:36 PM
Trakhak

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2482 Post(s)
Liked 2,952 Times in 1,677 Posts
Look for the brand name on the Norco's bear trap pedals and then check prices on eBay. They may be worth some money to collectors.
Old 08-02-21, 02:45 PM
nomadmax 

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked 1,824 Times in 878 Posts
A more appropriate question is "What is your time worth?".
Old 08-03-21, 09:26 AM
Charliekeet

Bikes: S-Works Stumpjumper HT Disc, Fuji Absolute, Kona Jake the Snake, '85 Cannondale SR900

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked 217 Times in 142 Posts
Cheap, so buy both and assess which is better quality/functioning of each frame, bars, each component, and put together the best of both on one bike. The leftovers are spare parts for you.
Likes For Charliekeet:
Old 08-03-21, 07:12 PM
Oldsledz

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 185 Times in 80 Posts
How tall are you? The Raleigh looks like a small frame.