Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > Want To Buy
Reload this Page >

WTB: Vintage bike ready to ride ~ 54cm

Notices
Want To Buy Looking to buy bicycle related gear? Post your request here. Requires upgraded membership to post new threads

Old 01-07-21, 12:42 AM
zeeman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi, I am looking for a vintage bicycle (+/- 54cm frame) that is in good to mint condition and ready to ride. Preferably original, but custom builds would be cool too. I am looking for something made in the 80's to 90's ..... Bianchi's, Peugeot, but throw me anything you have!

I am based in Princeton, New Jersey but can happily meet in NYC (or surrounding area). I can pay for shipping if needed. Thanks! let's see what y'all got
Old 01-27-21, 08:14 AM
BKjenss

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vintage bike

I just sent a text to a friend in Texas. He might have one laying around too. here's his email alexbrace32@gmail.com

Originally Posted by zeeman
Hi, I am looking for a vintage bicycle (+/- 54cm frame) that is in good to mint condition and ready to ride. Preferably original, but custom builds would be cool too. I am looking for something made in the 80's to 90's ..... Bianchi's, Peugeot, but throw me anything you have!

I am based in Princeton, New Jersey but can happily meet in NYC (or surrounding area). I can pay for shipping if needed. Thanks! let's see what y'all got
Old 01-27-21, 04:35 PM
StevoH

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have an Eddy Merckx Arcobaleno that I have not ridden in years. I am the original owner and I think it is a 55 with a 56 top tube but it might be a 54. I cannot remember. Great shape and built up with DA 7sp STI. World Class Ti BB, American Classic Crankset etc... Any interest let me know.
Old 02-01-21, 10:09 AM
CyclingFool95 

Bikes: 1987 Pinarello Montello, 1996 Litespeed Classic, 1996 Colnago Master Light, 1997 Litespeed Ultimate, 2006 Opera Leonardo FP, 2006 Pinarello Paris FP, 1984 Pinarello Record, 89-ish Cornelo Profilo

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 73 Posts
I have a late 80s Cornelo with 8 speed Chorus if you're interested. Check out the cool fluted tubes similar to Colnago's Esa Mexico. Photos are from the summer (obviously not from today) when I built it up and took it for a test ride. It still doesnt have bar tape - it's a tiny bit bigger than I'd like so I havent been riding it. I have the proper Chorus 53/42 crankset, or a triple - what's on there is a Stronlight compact. The wheels are pretty bad (loose spokes, corroded nipples on the front) Mavic ceramics (mismatched) that I picked up on ebay but haven't dealt with yet - I have a nicer set of Chorus hubs with Mavic SUP CDs that I had built by Colorado Cyclist in the early 90s - they went with the group.

For what little info I have found on these: https://saarf.london/2013/02/19/how-...-fake-colnago/ (search in the page for Cornelo)

Last edited by CyclingFool95; 02-01-21 at 10:14 AM.
Likes For CyclingFool95:
Old 03-12-21, 05:44 PM
katniss

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1988 Cannondale SR700 Black Lightning

I have the above bike that I have been riding for about a year. It has Suntour Sprint and Shimano Sante components. Wheels are wolber tx profil. SN is 53101988052. I live in central pa.
If you are interested, I will upload photos.

Last edited by katniss; 03-12-21 at 05:45 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 03-12-21, 05:48 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 5885 Post(s)
Liked 3,468 Times in 2,078 Posts

There have to be a lot of high dollar used bikes available in and around Princeton, right? If I lived there and not in the midwest, I'd likely go broke with all the bikes available in the NE especially where you live.

If you want to use this website to try to track down something specific and non-local, I'd place a WTB ad in the C&V (classic and vintage) for sale forum. That's where those bikes show up on a regular basis.
Old 03-16-21, 08:04 PM
lueej

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
I've got a 52cm Miyata Triplecross and a 54cm Miyata 721A, both from 1990 and bone stock. The 721 is in incredible condition for its age, and I just put on brand new velo orange splash bar tape. looks great. if you're interested, pm me. I'm in brooklyn ny.
Old 08-24-21, 04:49 PM
Johnn0

Bikes: Kokopelli Judge (Ti), Vassago Donnybrook, '83/'84 Nishiki Seral

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

Olmo 55CM
Olmo with Campagnolo
Likes For Johnn0:
Old 08-27-21, 03:12 AM
TWW59

Bikes: Pinarello Stelvio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I´m probably too far away, Live in Sweden. But have a bike that i could consider selling, even though i really dont want to.
1999 Pinarello Stelvio 52cm, with full campagnolo record groups and wheels. I am original owner and had it built up for me when I was 40yrs old. Gearing is too high for me as i have aged and live in more hilly area now. ( in another thread, i am investigating how to lower gearing, but its expensive, have other bikes i ride now, and perhaps just better send it to home where it will be ridden and cared for )
Its in top condition, wheels are perfect, everything works like new. Not a whole lot of miles on it either. Probably about 10-15,000 kms. I think i could use a new chain and cassette, but it rides quiet and smooth as it is.
If you are interested, please message and I can send pictures to you.
Old 02-22-22, 05:08 PM
Sactown_Albert 

Bikes: 2017 Sage Skyline, 2015 Co-Motion Periscope Tandem, 2012 Soma Smoothie, 2006 Kona Jake, 1986 Miyata Nine Twelve, 1977 Peugeot UO18c, 1977 Peugeot PRN10, 1974 Allegro Schweitzermeister Model 76, 1972 Hugo Rickert Spezial

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 585 Times in 188 Posts

I have a 52cm Peugeot that has been fully restored to original specifications.I normally ride a 54cm but this works for me with the seat-post extended a little more. I am about 5’9”. It is a 1987 Peugeot Triathlon that was my first full restoration. I put a lot of work into it but it has been supplanted by my completion of a Peugeot PX10 that I find myself using a bit more often. It is called a Triathlon but it is really more of a club racer. I would be willing to let it go for $600 plus whatever shipping costs through BikeFlights or a comparable service. Here is a link to the Google album I put together during that project. Full strip down and reassembly with the non standard parts removed and replaced with factory spec parts. https://photos.app.goo.gl/cERvd5gs7WNp6CqD7 Drop me a note if interested. Albert

PS. I would note that because of the non-aero levers and age, this bike is just old enough to participate in an Eroica event.

Last edited by Sactown_Albert; 02-22-22 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Added information
Old 03-02-22, 07:21 PM
jadmt

Bikes: Handsome xoxo, Serotta atx, Canyon Endurace CF8

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 902 Post(s)
Liked 1,869 Times in 840 Posts
this is a really old post but I have a 54cm Ritchey logic that has a really cool Ibis titanium stem, durace crank and and ultegra rest of the group.
Old 03-20-22, 10:10 PM
meggerthree
Vintage KC

Bikes: Schwinn Paramount x3 (thanks jim) Albert Eisentraut, Colnago Master Piu(must sell), Cannondale x3 one is a tandem, Alanex, Volae Club, Azub Ti-Fly 26, Schwinn Madison Track bike, Schwinn Sprint(must sell) '61 Raleigh Gran Sport(must sell) Giant mtb,

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a late 80's/early 90s Colnago Master Piu that I would like to trade to someone with a taller frame. I will keep the delta brakes and the rest of the components and just do a frame swap if anyone is interested. Trying to get to 10 posts so I can post pics....how silly is this rule?