Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Air cell cushion saddle cover

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Air cell cushion saddle cover

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-21, 07:37 AM
sysrq

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Ogsarg
Loved my Airhawk when I was motorcycling but I don't see it being something I would want on a bicycle. The airhawk has air pockets with small openings between them. The idea is to get just enough air in it to relieve the pressure points, while keeping you connected to the saddle.

On a bike where you're pedaling, I don't think the air would move around fast enough to achieve the desired result. If a saddle doesn't fit your posterior, its not likely going to get better with any add-on device.
It's all relative. Any saddle can be considered consisting of many add-on devices. Unfortunately every saddle has something which is missing compared to others since selecting the right saddle is known to be many times more individualistic than anything else such as shoes. So add-on devices help to tweak everything slightly more according to the whims of the specific time of the day.
Old 07-31-21, 01:19 AM
sysrq

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Now after trying out this thing for the third time it has become apparent that two more air cells needed to be disabled leaving only four at the back to keep all the pressure around the sit bone region. There is still some discomfort after some time during the ride, but no hard lumps and the recovery time seems to be really quick just like after prolonged sitting in a car or any chair.

Last edited by sysrq; 07-31-21 at 03:45 AM.
Likes For sysrq:
Old 07-31-21, 02:08 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
Originally Posted by patrickwise
Biker seat coverings made of gel can provide comfort and convenience. They can also shield the bike seat from elements like dampness and damage. The gel bike seat cover is available in a variety of bright colors and spectacular designs to complement the look of your bike.
This feels like an advert and the link is one of those top ten lists made by probably some aggregator. Very odd.
Likes For veganbikes: