Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Show us your Canyon....PLEASE

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Show us your Canyon....PLEASE

Old 09-30-22, 07:35 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2512 Post(s)
Liked 5,427 Times in 2,826 Posts
Originally Posted by Geo_Zegarra2016
How does a little kid padel their bike?
those bikes are designed to easily add pedals and drivetrain. The beauty of no-pedals scoot along bike is that the little tikes learn to balance on two wheels. When the pedals and drivetrain are added, they are good to go. They are not made by Canyon but enough stickers can make it look like they are.

Old 09-30-22, 07:38 PM
mflacche
Enthusiast

Bikes: Canyon Ultimate CF SL 8, Canyon Pathlite 7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Kanon25
Can I ask why that one?
I tested a Roadlite earlier this year, and liked the saddle.
Old 10-02-22, 11:43 AM
alcjphil

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1792 Post(s)
Liked 1,671 Times in 955 Posts

Bought this early this year. Have been having a great time riding it this past summer
Likes For alcjphil:
Old 10-03-22, 03:04 PM
Jrasero

Bikes: Scott Foil RC, Specialized Aethos

Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 87 Posts
Originally Posted by DowneasTTer
There are many threads here on BF devoted to different brands and models of cycles. But, I can't find one for just us Canyon folks. So here goes: I'll start. Last Dec I purchased a Roadlite CF 9.0 Ltd for myself and one for my wife. If intetested you read about it in a thread I started on the hybrid forum: https://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bi...roadlites.html

That's insane hybrid. I didn't know Canyon made a Roadlite even remotely that highend.
Old 10-03-22, 03:25 PM
tempocyclist

Bikes: 2002 Trek 5200 (US POSTAL), 2020 Canyon Aeroad SL

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 324 Posts
^ That certainly is one hell of a hybrid! Love the integrated bar/stem combo.
Old 10-03-22, 03:36 PM
mflacche
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jrasero
That's insane hybrid. I didn't know Canyon made a Roadlite even remotely that highend.
In the US, they don't currently offer a CF 9, but they have a CF 8 that is pretty nice...

https://www.canyon.com/en-us/hybrid-...rahmenfarbe=BK

And an aluminum frame/carbon fork Roadlite 7. I bought this bike, but returned it. I liked the bike, but didn't like the Ultegra mechanical... was very wonky.

https://www.canyon.com/en-us/hybrid-...rahmenfarbe=BK

Originally Posted by tempocyclist
^ That certainly is one hell of a hybrid! Love the integrated bar/stem combo.
Both the CF 8 and the Roadlite 7 have the nice cockpit like you see on that CF 9.
Likes For mflacche:
Old 10-15-22, 09:53 AM
mflacche
Enthusiast

I finally got a better pic of my Canyon... 2022 Ultimate CF SL... I only changed the pedals, seatpost, and saddle. Rides like a dream!

Likes For mflacche:
Old 10-16-22, 01:33 PM
DowneasTTer

Bikes: 2022 LiteSpeed CHEROHALA CITY, 2019 Canyon Roadlite 9.0 CF LTD, 2015 Giant FastRoad CoMax 1, 2001 Mongoose Pro Triomphe,

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 50 Posts
Originally Posted by mflacche
Both the CF 8 and the Roadlite 7 have the nice cockpit like you see on that CF 9.
Well not really the 9LTD uses a CP04 handbag/stem which is carbon fibre while the 8 & 7 use CP16 Alum one that looks quite a bit different. Again too bad Canyon USA has discontinued the 9LTD it's still available in Europe.
Old 10-16-22, 01:36 PM
mflacche
Enthusiast

Well not really the 9LTD uses a CP04 handbag/stem which is carbon fibre while the 8 & 7 use CP16 Alum one that looks quite a bit different. Again too bad Canyon USA has discontinued the 9LTD it's still available in Europe.
I forgot the CP16 was aluminum, but it still looks and functions beautifully.

Old 10-20-22, 05:29 AM
BTinNYC 

Bikes: Bicycles? Yup.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked 1,450 Times in 702 Posts
I finally got a better pic of my Canyon... 2022 Ultimate CF SL... I only changed the pedals, seatpost, and saddle. Rides like a dream!

Surprised you ditched the seatpost, but that saddle did not work for me either. I really liked the plastic platform pedals and used them on my grocery-getter.

This is my first modern bike and I'm with you, the ride feel is amazing.
Old 10-20-22, 05:35 AM
mflacche
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BTinNYC
Surprised you ditched the seatpost, but that saddle did not work for me either. I really liked the plastic platform pedals and used them on my grocery-getter.

This is my first modern bike and I'm with you, the ride feel is amazing.
The Canyon seatpost was fine but the automatic setback was too much for me. This new saddle is about 1" longer than the Selle Italia and Syncros saddles I tried, and has a sort of built-in setback, The Specialized Roval seatpost is definitely an upgrade in weight reduction, clamp-style, and looks IMO. I still have the Canyon seatpost, and can always use it down the road.
Old 10-20-22, 05:36 AM
BTinNYC 

Bikes: Bicycles? Yup.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked 1,450 Times in 702 Posts
Likes For BTinNYC:
Old 10-20-22, 07:08 AM
Branko D

Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked 408 Times in 252 Posts

Canyon Speedmax

It’s a TT bike, which used to be my wife's triathlon bike. Yet to put serious miles on it, anticipating getting into official sanctioned TTs next season.
​​
Likes For Branko D:
Old 10-21-22, 08:40 AM
sarhog

Bikes: GR300, Grail, Live Wire, 5010

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 121 Posts

Saluda, NC
Likes For sarhog:
Old 10-21-22, 08:54 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Quoted: 2512 Post(s)
Liked 5,427 Times in 2,826 Posts
I could show a picture of my “canyon” when I was 6 months old, but if I took a picture of it now, I would be banned.

Old 11-30-22, 09:38 AM
mflacche
Enthusiast

I just got my 2nd Canyon, and will post pics once I get it all set up... I have some cool mods planned.
Old 12-07-22, 08:43 AM
kuroba

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts

Canyon Grizl AL 6 in XXXS for this 5' tall minion. Wheels set up tubeless.
Likes For kuroba:
Old 12-07-22, 09:07 AM
mflacche
Enthusiast

Do you know if the CP04 will fit the Pathlite 6? It has the Suntour shock with aluminum steerer tube.
Old 12-08-22, 06:24 AM
DowneasTTer

Bikes: 2022 LiteSpeed CHEROHALA CITY, 2019 Canyon Roadlite 9.0 CF LTD, 2015 Giant FastRoad CoMax 1, 2001 Mongoose Pro Triomphe,

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 50 Posts
Do you know if the CP04 will fit the Pathlite 6? It has the Suntour shock with aluminum steerer tube.
Sorry I don't know. But I would guess it would fit. I have found that Canyon customer support is great. Just use their contact form on the web site and get an answer straight from the "horse's mouth" so to speak. Good luck
Old 12-08-22, 06:29 AM
mflacche
Enthusiast

Sorry I don't know. But I would guess it would fit. I have found that Canyon customer support is great. Just use their contact form on the web site and get an answer straight from the "horse's mouth" so to speak. Good luck
I talked to Canyon customer support a couple times. They are great, BUT they don't have any CP04, CP08, or CP16 in parts. The rep. didn't even know what a CP04 was... and had to Google it to see what it looked like/applied to. If I find one used, I will call back to see if they can verify fit, but I doubt I will find one. For now, I'm going to try a generic CF cockpit I ordered - hopefully it will look and feel nice.
Old 01-31-23, 02:11 PM
mflacche
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BTinNYC
The Canyon seatpost was fine but the automatic setback was too much for me. This new saddle is about 1" longer than the Selle Italia and Syncros saddles I tried, and has a sort of built-in setback, The Specialized Roval seatpost is definitely an upgrade in weight reduction, clamp-style, and looks IMO. I still have the Canyon seatpost, and can always use it down the road.
The Specialized Roval seatpost gives me the zero setback I need to combine with the already ample reach on the Ultimate geometry.

HOWEVER, the Canyon S13 carbon seatpost works wonderfully on my new Pathlite 7! The Pathlite has more than 2 inches less in reach, so having 25mm of setback compensates for some of that loss of reach. I love this new Pathlite. The XT components work beautifully. I have gone with Syncros Belcarra saddles across the board, on my Ultimate, Pathlite, and Concept2 BikeERG! They just feel good on my tushy.

Here are pics of the new bike. I ordered a CP0008 carbon fiber cockpit, but the CP16 works well in the meantime.

Likes For mflacche:
Old 02-02-23, 12:37 AM
zsid

Bikes: Trek Marlin

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry

I would love to post an image but I have 2 issues. I am required to post 10 times before I can upload images.

The other issues is that I don’t have a canyon bike. I wanted the Grand Canyon 5 in 2020 but Canyon did not sell the bike in the US back then, so I settled with my current Trek Marlin. I don’t think canyon is as good of a value as it used to be due to the recent price hikes in the last few years.

Last edited by zsid; 02-02-23 at 12:41 AM.
Old 02-02-23, 01:01 AM
tempocyclist

Bikes: 2002 Trek 5200 (US POSTAL), 2020 Canyon Aeroad SL

Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 324 Posts
Originally Posted by zsid
I would love to post an image but I have 2 issues. I am required to post 10 times before I can upload images.

The other issues is that I don’t have a canyon bike.

Three more posts and a few clicks on the Canyon website and you'll be able to! 😁
Old 02-02-23, 05:02 AM
mflacche
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zsid

The other issues is that I don’t have a canyon bike. I wanted the Grand Canyon 5 in 2020 but Canyon did not sell the bike in the US back then, so I settled with my current Trek Marlin. I don’t think canyon is as good of a value as it used to be due to the recent price hikes in the last few years.
I think it depends on which Canyon bikes you're looking at, and what brands you're comparing them to.

For my road bike, a Canyon Ultimate CF SL 8 with Di2, I talked to every bike shop near me and asked them to show me what they had that was comparable to my Ultimate, in a similar price range, and not one dealer had a strong contender. One "premium" bike store laughed at me when I told them what I was getting for $4600.

For my new Canyon Pathlite 7 (not a mountain bike per say, but definitely a rugged flat bar gravel bike) with basically full-XT appointments, I only paid $1350. Again... try to find a similar bike with similar components for that price. No really, try and let me know.

Currently a Canyon Grand Canyon 5 is selling for $899, and comes with full-Deore components. There is no $899 Trek, Cannondale, Giant, etc. hardtail that comes equipped like that for $899. A quick check on the Trek website revealed that a Marlin 7 is selling for $1030, and falls short on components in many instances, when compared to the Grand Canyon 5. A big issue is the Marlins don't come with 1x12, but 1x10. Also Trek substitutes many Shimano parts with lesser desirable alternatives, like FSA, Bontrager, and KMC. So with Trek you get less for more.

As far as price increases go, I'm seeing the opposite. Now Canyon is offering a newer version of my Ultimate road bike for $600 less than what I paid, but doesn't come with the 4iiii power meter.

I recommend watching the Canyon site, with credit card in-hand. When you see your favorite model go on sale with Flash Free Shipping, pull the trigger!
Old 02-08-23, 04:58 PM
Eds0123

Bikes: 2021 Salsa Warbird, (Specially Love my) 2021 Salsa Cutthroat, 2012 Surly LHT, 2015 Surly Cross-Check, 2008 Giant OCR A1, 2005 Leader 735R, 2005 Gary Fisher Montare, 1991 Nishiki Pueblo,

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 56 Times in 37 Posts
Did anyone was charged with purchade Tax while buying these bikes? and which State ate you in please? I couldn't find this info on their web site.
Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.