Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

Show us your tandem!

Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Show us your tandem!

Old 09-28-22, 11:41 AM
jethro00

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 32 Posts
<<I’ve posted a photo of our mid-80s Motobecane before but I’ve changed a lot of it in the past few months and it feels like a different bike; thus, a new photo.>>

daywood,
I just want to say, whatever the threshold may be for changes warranting the posting of a new picture, I believe you have easily cleared the bar and your tandem is new photo worthy
Likes For jethro00:
Old 09-28-22, 11:42 AM
ehcoplex 

Bikes: '38 Schwinn New World, ’69 Peugeot PX-10, '72 Peugeot PX-10, ‘7? Valgan, '78 Raleigh Comp GS, ’79 Holdsworth Pro, ’80 Peugeot TH-8 tandem, '87 Trek 400T, ‘7? Raleigh Sports, ‘7? Raleigh Superbe, ‘6? Hercules

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked 1,535 Times in 745 Posts
Originally Posted by daywood

Nice! Is that the original fork, with all those mounting points?
Old 09-28-22, 01:55 PM
daywood 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 244 Times in 92 Posts
Thanks! No. That’s a New Albion Privateer fork. When I stripped the original to paint it, I found what looked like a fissure in the steel on one of the legs. It might have been superficial and I think it was probably made when the fork was formed, but you can’t unsee something like that. So I looked for an aftermarket fork with a sturdy lugged crown and trail similar to the original. I got lucky in that a threadless headset fit the head tube. While I was at it, I added bottle bosses on the fork legs with rivnuts.
Old 10-12-22, 06:23 PM
Daveysprockets1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 7 Posts
Fast track freightliner

Trek Fast Track in Lunar...soon to become a cargo bike....this thing hauls A$$ !
Likes For Daveysprockets1:
Old 10-12-22, 06:47 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked 945 Times in 552 Posts
Originally Posted by daywood
I’ve posted a photo of our mid-80s Motobecane before but I’ve changed a lot of it in the past few months and it feels like a different bike; thus, a new photo.

I’ve recently replaced the graphics, replaced the captain’s flat bar and RapidFire shifters with FSA Adventure bars and Claris brifters, and also replaced the stem, spacers, rear rack and captain’s saddle. I removed the front rack and added a bar bag with a quick connect system and a better perch for Mickey.

Here it is with the new bits just before getting loaded into the back of my pickup to head into Portland for this year’s Bridge Pedal.

we were looking for tandems saw a few. we got there a little late and that was better didn't to have to walk the tandem on the slow parts.