Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

How did you handle it?

Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

How did you handle it?

Old 07-18-22, 08:45 PM
  #1  
liv211
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: California
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
How did you handle it?

Have you ever tried anything difficult during a long-ride carbon fiber bicycle experience?

Although cycling is easier than long-distance running, it is also a physical activity after all, especially when climbing mountains and uphills. Have you also encountered difficulties with physical insufficiency?

How did you handle it?
liv211 is offline  
Old 07-18-22, 09:18 PM
  #2  
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ,location, location
Posts: 10,641

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3162 Post(s)
Liked 2,424 Times in 1,610 Posts
Huh? What is a long-ride carbon fiber bicycle experience?
veganbikes is offline  
Old 07-18-22, 09:27 PM
  #3  
liv211
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: California
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
It is a carbon fiber bicycle, not steel.
liv211 is offline  
Old 07-18-22, 09:32 PM
  #4  
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ,location, location
Posts: 10,641

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3162 Post(s)
Liked 2,424 Times in 1,610 Posts
Originally Posted by liv211 View Post
It is a carbon fiber bicycle, not steel.
So again back to my question what is a long-ride carbon fiber bicycle experience? Are you talking long travel or you are talking about taking a longer ride on a carbon bike or something else entirely?

What are you looking to get out of this thread? People ride bicycles of all different materials all over the place and do all sorts of stuff with them. You can do it too or not if that is not your thing.
veganbikes is offline  
Old 07-18-22, 09:43 PM
  #5  
liv211
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: California
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes View Post
So again back to my question what is a long-ride carbon fiber bicycle experience? Are you talking long travel or you are talking about taking a longer ride on a carbon bike or something else entirely?

What are you looking to get out of this thread? People ride bicycles of all different materials all over the place and do all sorts of stuff with them. You can do it too or not if that is not your thing.
All kinds of bicycles can also be used, and I want to get some common problems that everyone encounters on long-distance ridings, such as lack of physical strength, and flat tires on the road? and a series of questions. Learn from it.
liv211 is offline  
Old 07-18-22, 09:49 PM
  #6  
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ,location, location
Posts: 10,641

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3162 Post(s)
Liked 2,424 Times in 1,610 Posts
Originally Posted by liv211 View Post
All kinds of bicycles can also be used, and I want to get some common problems that everyone encounters on long-distance ridings, such as lack of physical strength, and flat tires on the road? and a series of questions. Learn from it.
This is the mountain biking thread not the road or general cycling thread. Unlikely to see much road mountain biking, that is kind of the point.

Probably the most common problems is not being prepared and that can go in so many different directions from nutrition and hydration to mechanical issues to getting lost in a bad way. However if you take care of your body, take care of your bike and get some navigation you should be fine. Also you might consider seeing a fitter and making sure the bike is set up properly for you so you can be comfortable on longer rides. If you do plan on taking a longer ride you might want to start off with short rides that get a little longer and do some loop courses so you know the area and can get used to things. However being vague won't help you in anything if you have specific questions go ahead and ask them otherwise go and read the many threads that exist on this forum (but don't post in old dead threads just read them and glean knowledge from them)
veganbikes is offline  
Old 07-18-22, 09:53 PM
  #7  
liv211
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: California
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes View Post
This is the mountain biking thread not the road or general cycling thread. Unlikely to see much road mountain biking, that is kind of the point.

Probably the most common problems is not being prepared and that can go in so many different directions from nutrition and hydration to mechanical issues to getting lost in a bad way. However if you take care of your body, take care of your bike and get some navigation you should be fine. Also you might consider seeing a fitter and making sure the bike is set up properly for you so you can be comfortable on longer rides. If you do plan on taking a longer ride you might want to start off with short rides that get a little longer and do some loop courses so you know the area and can get used to things. However being vague won't help you in anything if you have specific questions go ahead and ask them otherwise go and read the many threads that exist on this forum (but don't post in old dead threads just read them and glean knowledge from them)
Noted, thank you, you are so kind and sweet~~
liv211 is offline  
Likes For liv211:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.