Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

1970's Paris Sport Track Bike?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

1970's Paris Sport Track Bike?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-07, 11:44 PM
WDWINDER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by East Hill
Oh, we'll need photos of your bike!

East Hill
OK, got some up.
https://l8apxes.myphotoalbum.com/view...umName=album06

Its dirty. And tonight, it looks like I need a paint job as well because of rust, but hey, now I restore it to the original colors too. :}

I still need some campy shoes and pads. Anybody got a lead
Old 10-05-07, 06:43 AM
East Hill
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Are your car and the bike really that close a match in colour? I enjoyed your remarks .

You might want to try a post in the 'in search of/want to buy' sticky for the shoes and pads.

East Hill
Old 10-05-07, 09:57 PM
WDWINDER

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by East Hill
Are your car and the bike really that close a match in colour?

East Hill
Yeah, they are pretty close, but only by accident. The bike was powdercoated 4 years before I got the car.
Old 10-06-07, 09:31 AM
Eyeseeu
Vintage Punk, w/ Damage

Bikes: Giant OCR Limited, Planet-X Carbon TT, 70's Paris Sport

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It is amazing to see the impact that the Fraysse's had on cycling here even today. I have an early 70's PS 5 speed I am restoring now as well. Back in the eighties I raced USCF for the NJBC under Ed Draper who built some wheels forthe 84 Olympic team and learned wheel building from him. He used to have an honorary member Track suit hanging in our shop in Olney MD, plus a set of 16 &20 spoke TT wheels, but I don't remember who they were built for.
Old 12-01-22, 02:01 AM
Mewwww

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WDWINDER
Hi all, Will get picks of the Limongi up soon. Pepe was actually only at Park Cycle for a short while as I recall. Mostly, the frames were imported from France. I really couldn't tell you if he ended up in Canada. Although the description of an Italian living in France is what I recall. Its been I while, and I wasn't fully plugged in at the time. I was there through 78, and remember a local builder named Bill Ralph, and of course the father son team of Francesco and Andreas Cuevas.
Hello, I am kind of new to the Forum so I am not allowed to post pictures of my two Limongis. Both are from 1976-77 and made of 753 Reynolds as in the Paris Sport description of 1977. Here are some pictures, maybe you remember that. (I also can not post the link...so try to google "Velo Pages Paris Sport 753" and you straight get a link.

Limongi is well known in France but little is really existent about his career. I believe it is because of his many working locations in Paris, NY, Quebec and again France. He lived and build frames in Canada in the 80s up to early 90s and came back to France than again. It is been said that he build the Gitane Professional bikes of the Renault Elf Team and Pascal Jules, LeMond etc.

I am accumulating right now some more informations and have already an archive full of Limongis. Do you remember when he started working in the US? I heard rumors of 1970 already, which was in Europe the bike boom? And is there any picture of him maybe somewhere?

Kind Regards from Berlin, Germany.
Old 12-01-22, 02:19 PM
1oldtrackie

Bikes: Only Track bikes in the collection - about 27 or so left out of 130 approx

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 37 Posts
Some rare Paris Sport wheel covers on one of my bikes.

I'll post pics of my friends Limongi Track as soon as I find them - white with chrome