Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

1987 Bianchi frame

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-20, 10:22 PM
koenbro 

Bikes: 1994 Trek 520, 1987 Bianchi Brava, 1962 Ideor Super

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 13 Posts
1987 Bianchi frame

A guy I know has a Bianchi frame he is considering selling me. It is a 1987 or thereabouts. What do you think is a fair price or price range for it?
I am frankly not very inclined to buy it as I have just done a complete build of a 1994 steel bike and am ready to take a break for the time being, but would buy it if it is an interesting, worthwhile catch.

Old 10-10-20, 09:29 AM
Mr. 66

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 1135 Post(s)
Liked 1,727 Times in 951 Posts
Not much to go by, but I would say given the level and what looks to be only needing cosmetic cleaning of frame. I would say $200 is pretty fair on both sides of the deal.

$125-150 max as is would be my buy, if the wheels spin clean

$300-350 as a cleaned and serviced

Its a lower level frame as an Italian manufacturing.
Likes For Mr. 66:
Old 10-10-20, 11:22 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
The subject bicycle is a 1987 Bianchi Limited, manufactured in Italy during late 1986. It is a mid-range model. The Bianchi Formula Two tubeset is believed to be rebranded Columbus Matrix/Cromor. I'm unclear if we're talking about pricing for just the frame and fork or the complete bicycle?
Likes For T-Mar:
Old 10-10-20, 03:15 PM
koenbro 

Originally Posted by T-Mar
The subject bicycle is a 1987 Bianchi Limited, manufactured in Italy during late 1986. It is a mid-range model. The Bianchi Formula Two tubeset is believed to be rebranded Columbus Matrix/Cromor. I'm unclear if we're talking about pricing for just the frame and fork or the complete bicycle?
These are all the pictures i got from the guy. I saw the frame myself, briefly. The sale is for the frame and fork. Crankset and FD are attached but of no interest.
Old 10-10-20, 06:03 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2927 Post(s)
Liked 2,922 Times in 1,490 Posts
Those Formula Two frames are great riders, I miss the one I had. That color is called Metallic Ce4leste and so I know it was only used for two bikes the '87 Mondiale and the Limited. I seem some pics of some that look like a nice pale pearlish Celeste but the one I had was much whiter in tone.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 10-10-20, 06:41 PM
koenbro 

Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
Those Formula Two frames are great riders, I miss the one I had. That color is called Metallic Ce4leste and so I know it was only used for two bikes the '87 Mondiale and the Limited. I seem some pics of some that look like a nice pale pearlish Celeste but the one I had was much whiter in tone.
Will this frame take a current groupset like the Campy Centaur or am I way off mark with that?
Old 10-11-20, 04:51 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2927 Post(s)
Liked 2,922 Times in 1,490 Posts
Originally Posted by koenbro
Will this frame take a current groupset like the Campy Centaur or am I way off mark with that?
Sure but you may need to coldset the frame to take the slightly wider hub and the housing stops that attach to the shifter bosses. .

BTW don't let the seller bamboozle you into thinking that frame is uber special because of that world championship sticker. Almost every Bianchi sold in '87 had that on them as well as '88/89 had a similar round sticker. It just commeratorates someone riding a Bianchi to victory in the '86 World Championship race.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk