Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Can anyone recommend any very large seats?

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Can anyone recommend any very large seats?

Old 07-13-21, 10:13 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18320 Post(s)
Liked 15,299 Times in 7,231 Posts
Originally Posted by alo
I have already had a topic about my seat.
Not everyone follows all of your "topics." (I assume you meant "threads.") Is the photo I suggested in that one?
Likes For indyfabz:
Old 07-13-21, 10:15 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,094 Times in 5,053 Posts
Originally Posted by alo
Hopefully veganbikes will read this and change his ways.

If he doesn't, I have not decided for sure what I will do. But one possibility is to start a new topic with quotes from veganbikes. People look at one example and think it is not a big deal. If I posted many examples of quotes from him, you would understand what I am talking about.

If you did that, you will likely get an infraction from the mods. Starting a topic to settle scores with another user is strictly forbidden.
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 07-13-21, 10:17 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Originally Posted by indyfabz
Not everyone follows all of your "topics." (I assume you meant "threads.") Is the photo I suggested in that one?

Even if it's not, are you going to really learn anything from it? It's a piece of plastic covering something.
Old 07-13-21, 10:21 AM
alo

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 529 Post(s)
Liked 255 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
No

I did a topic about poles on my bike. That has a picture of the side view of the seat while it was still good. It wont give you a very good idea of what it looks like from other angles. It is just a normal large seat. Any seat I get in the future does not have to be the same.
Old 07-13-21, 10:23 AM
alo

Originally Posted by livedarklions
If you did that, you will likely get an infraction from the mods. Starting a topic to settle scores with another user is strictly forbidden.
Maybe I could just make a list like that, and send it as a private message to one or more mods.

Who should I send it to?
Old 07-13-21, 10:46 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Originally Posted by alo
Maybe I could just make a list like that, and send it as a private message to one or more mods.

Who should I send it to?
Don't know, and it's really none of my business. Ask a mod.
Old 07-13-21, 11:04 AM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Liked 4,489 Times in 3,338 Posts
I forgot the SE Asia. It is likely you'd have at least $50 per seat to get one shipped from the USA (plus the cost of the seat), at least without some special business deal. So not much savings shopping around here.

Some of the European bike companies do ship everywhere, if they would have what you want.

However, you need to hit up the bike shops local to you. I've also given some ideas of possible donor bikes which you could hunt for locally. There are times that I look at cheap bikes not as bikes, but rather a collection of useful parts.
Old 07-13-21, 11:08 AM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Liked 4,489 Times in 3,338 Posts
As far as the topic... there is no reason a person on BikeForums can't experiment. Many of us like to experiment a bit with our bikes.

Offer advise, but don't attack someone for having different goals than your own.

Perhaps the OP would decide a large seat is better than sliced bread. Or, it will get tossed on the pile of failed experiments. But, that should be that person's choice.

Offer an opinion, then back off a bit.
Old 07-13-21, 11:44 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Originally Posted by CliffordK
As far as the topic... there is no reason a person on BikeForums can't experiment. Many of us like to experiment a bit with our bikes.

Offer advise, but don't attack someone for having different goals than your own.

Perhaps the OP would decide a large seat is better than sliced bread. Or, it will get tossed on the pile of failed experiments. But, that should be that person's choice.

Offer an opinion, then back off a bit.

I also think the "he's a troll because he starts weird threads" type of comments are neither helpful, interesting or amusing, and really wish people would knock them off generally. Those comments are often relatively well-to-do Americans failing to relate to problems people in other parts of the world or economic circumstances have to deal with and solve.
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 07-13-21, 12:12 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3638 Post(s)
Liked 5,316 Times in 2,701 Posts
Originally Posted by alo
The truth is, if you go back over previous topics, veganbikes has insulted me again and again and again. How long should I resist the urge to become defensive? Go back and check. Please moderators, go back and check.

When a person is repeatedly being insulted, it might be smarter to quit the forum, than to provide more information people can use to insult you.

I repeat, this topic is a very good example of some people suggesting I can't know what I am talking about. I am taller than the majority of people on this forum. I have larger bones than the majority of people on this forum. I am fatter than a large proportion of people on this forum. If you had a body like mine, you could not use a small seat. I did not ask what size seat I need. I already know that. I said Can anyone recommend any very large seats? I am never going to suddenly agree that a small seat is good for me, because I know it isn't. Anyone who tells me I should, is not listening. They are not giving good advice.

I think the primary issue in some people's minds is, people are supposed to buy expensive brand name bikes, and upgrade them with expensive brand name parts. Anyone who uses inexpensive parts is not smart enough to know how to impress people. I know a lot of other people also look for inexpensive bikes, and inexpensive ways to repair them. I am not the only one. But those with the expensive bikes are the cool people, and I am not cool. The truth is, those who don't spend excessive amounts on things they can get less expensively balance their budget better, and are the smart ones. I know some people have more money than me, and can afford expensive things. There are also others involved in competition, or the type of cycling, where having a more expensive bike is beneficial. That is ok for them.
Yep, time to give up the passive aggressive and go full tilt boogie offense. Post more pics of your bikes and show the skeptics the depth of your mechanical skills. Glad you are getting the attention you seek from this thread!
Likes For shelbyfv:
Old 07-13-21, 12:50 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Originally Posted by Germany_chris
We're not on bladeforums :0) if we were the OP's thread would have been moved to W&C for whining
I think it would have to be about how to sharpen a large saddle.
Old 07-13-21, 04:54 PM
alo

Originally Posted by CliffordK
However, you need to hit up the bike shops local to you. I've also given some ideas of possible donor bikes which you could hunt for locally. There are times that I look at cheap bikes not as bikes, but rather a collection of useful parts.
I am in the land of little people. It is extremely rare for a bike to have a large seat here. Most people are smaller, and don't need large seats. Bikes with large frames are also extremely rare.

However, I agree with you. I keep my eyes open, and you never know what I might see tomorrow. I have a large seat, so there is probably another one somewhere. I found it in the city, not the town where I am now.
Old 07-14-21, 06:18 AM
J.Higgins 
2-Wheeled Fool

Bikes: Surly Ogre, Brompton

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1385 Post(s)
Liked 677 Times in 457 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
I think it would have to be about how to sharpen a large saddle.
Yeah, I definitely had a senior moment on that one. I havent been to Bladeforums in at least ten years!
Old 07-14-21, 10:06 AM
Outrider1

Bikes: Trek Emonda ALR 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked 296 Times in 137 Posts
Originally Posted by alo
Hopefully veganbikes will read this and change his ways.

If he doesn't, I have not decided for sure what I will do. But one possibility is to start a new topic with quotes from veganbikes. People look at one example and think it is not a big deal. If I posted many examples of quotes from him, you would understand what I am talking about.
Vegan's greatest hits?
Likes For Outrider1:
Old 07-15-21, 10:17 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4253 Post(s)
Liked 3,866 Times in 2,579 Posts
Originally Posted by alo
I hope you get a lot of pleasure out of being insulting.

You know a tiny bit about me from the little information I have shared on this forum.

Other than that, You don't know anything about me, or anything about what I know.

It seems you think you are highly intelligent, and if I do something different to you, I don't know anything.

People who say those kind of things are normally trying to compensate for feeling inferior.

What about all the other people who use large seats. Do none of them know anything about bike fit and comfort?
No real pleasure just being honest and sometimes the truth hurts. When you are here to troll around or not take the advice of people who have been here and are doing this professionally and then cry wolf it doesn't do well for you.

You have shown you don't know by insisting on that saddle or the knock-off derailleur or whatever silliness you have going on.

I don't think I am highly intelligent, I have a lot to learn in this world about a great many topics. There are many things in this world I could do differently and choose not to even though they are beneficial to me.

Also never told you my gender just FYI. I have read what you wrote though and don't have a plan to change giving out the truth. I don't need to sugar coat things for those who are trolling and even those who are not. I get it though the truth kinda sucks sometimes. I have gotten that lesson well but you learn and adapt from it or you just stay stuck in the mud and complaining as you are wanting to do. Can't say it would be my choice but you do you, buddy, you do you!
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 07-15-21, 11:20 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Liked 15,299 Times in 7,231 Posts
^^^This^^^
At least in this case, when the totality of the circumstances are considered, playing the victim card doesn’t wear well at all.
Likes For indyfabz: