Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-20, 05:35 PM
ado5385
ado5385

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from Brooklyn.

Hello everyone. Believe it or not this is the 1st forum of any kind that I participate in . I am 68 years old and until 6 months ago I had not ridden a bike since I was 13 -15 years old. I made a decision to buy a folder for the simple reason my wife and I live in a relatively small apartment and have nowhere else to keep the bike. The intended use of the bike is to commute to work sometime in the future (6-12 months from now). Since we intend to To move to an area where there is no mass transportation, we have only one car and do not intend nor can afford to buy another. So the plan is for me to commute by bike. I purchased a Dahon Briza D8 and have comuted to work occasionly just to get a feel for it. But this is just the beginning of the story and what motivated me to participate in this forum.

Last edited by ado5385; 06-27-20 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Change title from "Introduction" to Hello from Brooklyn
Old 06-27-20, 07:39 PM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 318 Posts
Howdy!
What kind of commute is that, if you don’t mind my asking?
I love tales of bike commuting, especially if they’re in NYC...