Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southeast
Reload this Page >

Cycle Sequatchie TN Anyone

Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-22, 03:30 PM
Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2134 Post(s)
Liked 1,643 Times in 825 Posts

https://www.cyclesequatchie.com/

I am going to do this. My brother from Ohio and my BIL from Chattanooga are going to join me. Looks to be a great ride, and it starts in the town where I bought 3 acres on a lake a few months ago. The area will be where I retire, and this ride should give me a good feel for what the riding is like.
Old 07-16-22, 06:37 PM
rob214

Bikes: 2017 giant TCR, 2019 Santa Cruz tallboy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 17 Posts
I've done the ride it's really nice, I was going to retire in that area also but things have changed and I'm probably not going to. I used to go to the trials training center there a few times a year but have since stopped competing in mototrials. I'm from the Nola area myself and love the mountains. due to family issues I probably won't get to move up there.
Old 09-10-22, 03:43 PM
Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 2134 Post(s)
Liked 1,643 Times in 825 Posts
Originally Posted by rob214
I've done the ride it's really nice, I was going to retire in that area also but things have changed and I'm probably not going to. I used to go to the trials training center there a few times a year but have since stopped competing in mototrials. I'm from the Nola area myself and love the mountains. due to family issues I probably won't get to move up there.
If the cost of new housing construction continues to skyrocket, I won't be able to retire up there either. I really am over hurricanes though. Ready for 4 seasons and less humidity. Really looking forward to this ride.

Do you ride the levee paths here?

Last edited by Paul Barnard; 09-10-22 at 03:57 PM.
Old 12-29-22, 03:36 PM
sch

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 104 Posts
FWIW this sounds like a resurrection of the Chattanooga bike club fall century which would go north out of Dunlap, at some point go uphill to the western
crest, along the crest and then back down to the valley and cross to the eastern side for the return to Dunlap. It looks to me like the Chattanooga club has
donated two very nice centuries, the 3 States/3 Mtns in the late spring and the Sequatchie Valley in the fall to private interests. Can't fault them as these
got to be very big in the 2005-2015 time frame and at the end the 3st/3mtn was well above 3000 participants (IIRC limited to 2500 in theory) and some
burnout occurred. It happens. IME the Eastern valley road is less traveled, more scenic and pleasant than the western road (St 28 below Dunlap then US127). Eastern Valley
is St 27 near the Tennessee river at Nickajack, then St 283 and St 602 between St 111, which looks like an interstate highway and Pikeville where you pick up
St 209 and further N an option of Old Hwy 28 to take you up out of valley on a long uphill. Any road out of the valley is a longish uphill but the northern most is the longest.
The Eastern Valley road is fantastic on a bicycle, at least in the time frame when I rode it 1998-2012. St 28/US127 are much higher traffic, built up and less scenic.
Steve H
Old 01-01-23, 08:08 PM
rob214

Bikes: 2017 giant TCR, 2019 Santa Cruz tallboy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 17 Posts
yes I ride the levee, but I hate it. I usually only ride it as part of a loop around the city. where do you normally ride?