Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Need To Source Campy Parts

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-21, 09:58 AM
Roadies_Rok

Bikes: Litespeed Arenberg Road Bike; Specialized Crossroads XC Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Hi Everyone, we are having torrential rains here and freezing temps and I am taking advantage of it to do some maintenance on my Litespeed Arenberg and I am trying as much as possible to not cut corners and I am using wherever possible Campy parts but I am having a hard time with their terminology and parts schemes. My bike has the Campy Centaur 10-speed groupset circa 2002. I have been looking on the Campy web site campagnolo.com/us/en trying to get part numbers to make sure I buy the right stuff for my bike and to me their site is confusing. I don't see where they have an "Archived" section for parts and my searches come up blank. Can someone point me to where I need to be looking and how I need to form my searches to get the information I need?

Also, someone here on this web site posted a link to a place on the Campy web site that gave a break down on the order in which the cogset goes together and where each individual spacer fits into the pattern. I thought I had made a not of this useful information but now I can't find it. Can someone also point me to the post here that had the link or can someone give me the link to this information on the Campy web site? Thanks, it is most appreciated.
Old 02-18-21, 10:48 AM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4729 Post(s)
Liked 1,531 Times in 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadies_Rok
Hi Everyone, we are having torrential rains here and freezing temps and I am taking advantage of it to do some maintenance on my Litespeed Arenberg and I am trying as much as possible to not cut corners and I am using wherever possible Campy parts but I am having a hard time with their terminology and parts schemes. My bike has the Campy Centaur 10-speed groupset circa 2002. I have been looking on the Campy web site campagnolo.com/us/en trying to get part numbers to make sure I buy the right stuff for my bike and to me their site is confusing. I don't see where they have an "Archived" section for parts and my searches come up blank. Can someone point me to where I need to be looking and how I need to form my searches to get the information I need?

Also, someone here on this web site posted a link to a place on the Campy web site that gave a break down on the order in which the cogset goes together and where each individual spacer fits into the pattern. I thought I had made a not of this useful information but now I can't find it. Can someone also point me to the post here that had the link or can someone give me the link to this information on the Campy web site? Thanks, it is most appreciated.
Well, a quick google search on campagnolo centaur 2002 parts list brings up the attached PDF as the first hit
Old 02-18-21, 01:42 PM
Steelman54 

Bikes: Allegro Model 77, Gitane Team Pro SLX, Waterford R2200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 38 Posts
What do you actually need in terms of parts?
Likes For Steelman54:
Old 02-18-21, 06:43 PM
ccrrar

Bikes: Calfee Luna Pro w/ full Campy Record, Trek Domane SL7

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadies_Rok

I have similar vintage, 1999/2000 record parts available for sale. front and rear derailleur, brakes, cranks (no bottom bracket) and brake handles (right side/rear derailleur need to be rebuilt).

If you are interested PM me.
Likes For ccrrar:
Old 02-19-21, 10:29 AM
conspiratemus1
Used to be Conspiratemus

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 163 Posts
Be aware that there is a 12-30 version of the Centaur cassette not listed in the 2002 catalogue, presumably later. If you have one of those, the gold-amber “K” spacers between the loose sprockets are all the same thickness (2.6 mm) so nothing to mix up. None have ears.

If your cassette is one is one of the Centaurs in the catalogue, the spacers with ears have different thicknesses, hence different part numbers. The catalogue doesn’t make it clear how to tell them apart if they get jumbled. So from the package leaflet for mine the order is, from largest to smallest (as you would install them):
-first two riveted together as one segment
-spacer “M” is smoky grey metal with ears 3.05 mm
-spacer “N”, smoky grey metal with ears, 2.4 mm, so obviously thinner than M despite similar appearance
-spacer “O”, blue metal with ears, 2.55 mm. Has “6 - spacer - 7” engraved on it.
-next spacer is either another N (for cassettes going to 26 or 29 teeth), or a plastic “Q” spacer (for 23 or 25 max). Both types are 2.4 mm thick.
-remaining spacers are plastic Q’s.
-smallest sprocket doesn’t use a separate spacer.

All the eared spacers go with the flat face against the larger sprocket, i.e., facing toward the spokes so you are looking at the face with ridges.

If your Centaur cassette has the two largest sprockets loose, a much thinner “P” spacer 1.6 mm with ears goes between them.
Likes For conspiratemus1:
Old 02-19-21, 05:17 PM
Roadies_Rok

Originally Posted by conspiratemus1
Be aware that there is a 12-30 version of the Centaur cassette not listed in the 2002 catalogue, presumably later. If you have one of those, the gold-amber “K” spacers between the loose sprockets are all the same thickness (2.6 mm) so nothing to mix up. None have ears.

If your cassette is one is one of the Centaurs in the catalogue, the spacers with ears have different thicknesses, hence different part numbers. The catalogue doesn’t make it clear how to tell them apart if they get jumbled. So from the package leaflet for mine the order is, from largest to smallest (as you would install them):
-first two riveted together as one segment
-spacer “M” is smoky grey metal with ears 3.05 mm
-spacer “N”, smoky grey metal with ears, 2.4 mm, so obviously thinner than M despite similar appearance
-spacer “O”, blue metal with ears, 2.55 mm. Has “6 - spacer - 7” engraved on it.
-next spacer is either another N (for cassettes going to 26 or 29 teeth), or a plastic “Q” spacer (for 23 or 25 max). Both types are 2.4 mm thick.
-remaining spacers are plastic Q’s.
-smallest sprocket doesn’t use a separate spacer.

All the eared spacers go with the flat face against the larger sprocket, i.e., facing toward the spokes so you are looking at the face with ridges.

If your Centaur cassette has the two largest sprockets loose, a much thinner “P” spacer 1.6 mm with ears goes between them.
conspiratemus1 The cassette I have is a 12 - 26 10 speed. Thank you for the valuable information on the spacers. I have copy/pasted it to a Wiki that I created for my bike and this will be a great help when I remove the cassette for a thorough cleaning.
Old 02-19-21, 05:23 PM
Roadies_Rok

Originally Posted by ccrrar
I have similar vintage, 1999/2000 record parts available for sale. front and rear derailleur, brakes, cranks (no bottom bracket) and brake handles (right side/rear derailleur need to be rebuilt).

If you are interested PM me.
ccrrar Thank you for the heads up and I will certainly keep you in mind. If I decide to get something from you it will not be hard or expensive to get it to me. You and I are only about 4 hours from each other. I am going to be in B'More in September photographing the pro race there so if you want DM me your number and we can meet for a drink when I am there. I was all set to go last year when the "plan" demic threw everything into chaos but I have lived through disasters before and I'll live through t his one.. Thanks again and have a good day.