Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from Philadelphia

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello from Philadelphia

Old 09-19-22, 04:21 PM
ajbarnes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from Philadelphia

Hi Everyone!

Happy to be here. I'm a newbie cyclist (newbie meaning I just started taking it more seriously recently... but have been riding off and on for years). I'm excited to learn from everyone and grow my passion further, and hopefully, be an inspiration and/or help to someone.

At the moment, I'm more of a light/medium gravel and local park trail cyclist. My current setup is a Trek 820 and a Kent Trouvaille. Love both of them. I'm using these bikes to learn the ins and outs of maintenance and repair, improve my cycling abilities, lose weight, and improve overall health. Eventually, I plan on purchasing more higher-end bikes. I have my eye on a Poseidon gravel bike and maybe a higher end mountain bike.

My ultimate goals are to improve my skills, cure my heart disease, and drop this stubborn weight!
Old 09-19-22, 04:58 PM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked 1,243 Times in 621 Posts
Welcome.

Have much Fun Posting.

Old 09-20-22, 07:47 AM
DanielGatli
Banned.

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome from a newbie from Chicago, IL!
Old 09-20-22, 07:38 PM
BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11950 Post(s)
Liked 6,595 Times in 3,463 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums!
Old 09-24-22, 09:48 PM
IcySwan1 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 73 Posts
Your goals are perfect. Good luck.

Mike
Old 09-27-22, 12:32 PM
Trainbike

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 9 Posts
Philly is a great city to bike in! Some really nice trails and paths in the city and out. The drivers are crazy though
Old 09-27-22, 01:38 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18391 Post(s)
Liked 15,465 Times in 7,306 Posts
Originally Posted by ajbarnes
Hi Everyone!

Happy to be here. I'm a newbie cyclist (newbie meaning I just started taking it more seriously recently... but have been riding off and on for years). I'm excited to learn from everyone and grow my passion further, and hopefully, be an inspiration and/or help to someone.

At the moment, I'm more of a light/medium gravel and local park trail cyclist. My current setup is a Trek 820 and a Kent Trouvaille. Love both of them. I'm using these bikes to learn the ins and outs of maintenance and repair, improve my cycling abilities, lose weight, and improve overall health. Eventually, I plan on purchasing more higher-end bikes. I have my eye on a Poseidon gravel bike and maybe a higher end mountain bike.

My ultimate goals are to improve my skills, cure my heart disease, and drop this stubborn weight!
Another Philly boy in da house!

Take a drive up to Jim Thorpe and do the Lehigh Gorge Trail north towards White Haven. (Not sure you can get all the way into White Haven at the moment because of some repair work.) Nice ride once the leaves start changing. The first 4 weekends in October the town is having its fall foliage festival. If you go, arrive early (e.g., 9 am, if not earlier) because the large municipal parking lot by the old train station will get very, very crowded.