Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Cino MMXXI

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-21, 02:05 PM
gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1299 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4678 Post(s)
Liked 5,796 Times in 2,282 Posts
Originally Posted by squirtdad
just ordered a cheapy 3 bike trunk rack...assuming it gets to my dads place in Chinook MT, will be able to give a ride from hot springs to 2 or 3 people (3 with creative bike positioning in the the trunk)
Wow, thanks!
Old 08-19-21, 02:30 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,824 Times in 1,709 Posts
Originally Posted by Roger M
You'll have to excuse my ignorance here. But when and where is the Friday early registration? I looked at my emails from eventbrite, and couldn't find anything regarding early registration.
I was wondering, too, then I went to the site and noted it was updated just yesterday.

But!

I saw two references in that post which confuse me: "beverage contribution" and the "best lunch contribution" award at the very end of the post. mountaindave, this is the first time I've seen a reference about us providing food or drink for this particular Cino. Could you give us some more details about this process - or a place I can go to read up if I missed it during my initial registration? Thanks!

DD
Old 08-19-21, 04:50 PM
Choke 
Disciple of St. Tullio

Bikes: Ciöcc, Bianchi, DeRosa, Eddy Merckx, Frejus, Hampsten, Kondor, Losa, Magni, Pegoretti, Pelizzoli, Pogliaghi, Scapin

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked 334 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
I was wondering, too, then I went to the site and noted it was updated just yesterday.

But!

I saw two references in that post which confuse me: "beverage contribution" and the "best lunch contribution" award at the very end of the post. mountaindave, this is the first time I've seen a reference about us providing food or drink for this particular Cino. Could you give us some more details about this process - or a place I can go to read up if I missed it during my initial registration? Thanks!

DD
Normal Cino SOP is for the riders to contribute a 6-pack of beer or soda or a bottle of wine based on the first letter of the rider's last name. I haven't seen anything about it yet either.

The first Cino that I attended also had a lunch contribution (in my case a loaf of bread) but all subsequent Cinos have not since lunch has been catered.
Old 08-19-21, 05:24 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Originally Posted by Choke
Normal Cino SOP is for the riders to contribute a 6-pack of beer or soda or a bottle of wine based on the first letter of the rider's last name. I haven't seen anything about it yet either.

The first Cino that I attended also had a lunch contribution (in my case a loaf of bread) but all subsequent Cinos have not since lunch has been catered.
Interesting - I don't remember the six-pack thing from 2014, but I did provide a lunch contribution because that was the plan that year. As you note, the food is different now, but the most recent posting for 2021 made a reference to the old way, thus making me wonder. Maybe it was a cut/paste job of the old Prizes list.

Maybe the Director can clear up this query for us.

DD
Old 08-19-21, 05:51 PM
davester

Bikes: 1981 Ron Cooper, 1974 Cinelli Speciale Corsa, 2000 Gary Fisher Sugar 1, 1986 Miyata 710, 1982 Raleigh "International"

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked 1,291 Times in 487 Posts
The drink thing is definitely on. Check out the instructions that @squirtdad posted.
Old 08-19-21, 06:06 PM
majmt 

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked 1,101 Times in 327 Posts
I have an AED and EMS bag w/ O2.
Old 08-19-21, 06:13 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Originally Posted by davester
The drink thing is definitely on. Check out the instructions that @squirtdad posted.
Those instructions (which contain the only reference for additional contributions beyond the registration fee) are rather vague.

DD
Old 08-19-21, 06:15 PM
mountaindave 
tantum vehi

Bikes: More than I care to admit

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Quoted: 1167 Post(s)
Liked 992 Times in 491 Posts
Originally Posted by squirtdad
here is link https://www.cinorider.com/the-cino/c...-instructions/

think it just showed up late yesterday or today
Yup, I just updated it last night. Was going to send an email today but got caught up making volunteer lists. Thanks for posting!
Old 08-19-21, 06:16 PM
mountaindave 
tantum vehi

Originally Posted by Drillium Dude

But!

DD
that’s what’s in the email. I somehow missed that award for lunch - delete! And the beverage list is forthcoming.
Old 08-21-21, 11:13 AM
obrentharris 

Bikes: Indeed!

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 1507 Post(s)
Liked 3,474 Times in 1,132 Posts
Cino Bound!
My wife, Nanette, and I left home a week ago, meandering towards Hot Springs Montana, camping along the way.

First stop was Rock Creek on the eastern side of the Sierra to spend a couple days with our daughter and her family who were camped there. We spent our time hiking and splashing in the lake with the grandkids.

Next stop was Ruby Lakes National Wildlife Reserve in northern Nevada wher a series of gravel roads through the reserve provided us with an opportunity to ride our off-topic tandem with its new 650B by 42mm tires.

Idaho was next. Our objective was riding the Ashton Tetonia Trail in Eastern Idaho, a 30 mile gravel trail through farmland, sage brush, aspen forests and conifer forests.

To be continued…
Brent
Old 08-21-21, 11:28 AM
mountaindave 
tantum vehi

It has been raining this week and is currently raining in Kalispell which means the smoke is completely gone! This cold front is supposed to keep things cool throughout the week. Here are the Sat/Sun forecasted lows and highs for Kila and Hot Springs:

Saturday:
Kila: 48/75
Hot Springs: 50/79

Sunday:
Hot Springs: 52/82
Kila: 48/81

Clear skies all weekend!!

Of course this means layering up in the morning but being prepared for warm weather in the afternoon. And, being in the mountains, the forecasts are more like educated guesses, and anything can happen between now and then, the smoke could roll back in, but it sure looks prime for riding!!

See you all soon!
Mountaindirector
Likes For mountaindave:
Old 08-23-21, 10:13 AM
VRJAKE 

Bikes: Bakers dozen is the limit!

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked 445 Times in 140 Posts
Hey all. Driving from Portland on Thursday with wife and our long haired dachshund mix. Can't take a bike, but if anyone local wants us to haul anything, drop a line. We are staying at Symes in Hot Springs, so not at the start until Saturday morning. Excited as heck to get out there!
Old 08-23-21, 02:40 PM
Roger M
Banned.

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked 2,443 Times in 646 Posts
Looking for assistance here:

If anyone heading to Cino has an extra Pasela 27x1 1/4, and wants to offload it, I would be happy and grateful to purchase it on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.

Long story short, I bought a new pair of said tires last month. They have roughly 125 miles on them, and the front already has two splits in the sidewall. We're camping in the sticks of Eastern Washington this week,, and so far I haven't located a tire along the way..

I did find some cheap Kendas in Whitefish, but hopefully that I can get a match for the rear. Please let me know through PM if you have an un needed Pasela.
Old 08-23-21, 02:55 PM
nlerner

Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Quoted: 3810 Post(s)
Liked 6,690 Times in 2,610 Posts

If anyone heading to Cino has an extra Pasela 27x1 1/4, and wants to offload it, I would be happy and grateful to purchase it on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.

Long story short, I bought a new pair of said tires last month. They have roughly 125 miles on them, and the front already has two splits in the sidewall. We're camping in the sticks of Eastern Washington this week,, and so far I haven't located a tire along the way..

I did find some cheap Kendas in Whitefish, but hopefully that I can get a match for the rear. Please let me know through PM if you have an un needed Pasela.
Roger, I might though the sidewalls will likely be fairly dirty. I’ll check shortly.
Old 08-23-21, 03:00 PM
mountaindave 
tantum vehi

Originally Posted by nlerner
Roger, I might though the sidewalls will likely be fairly dirty. I’ll check shortly.
They’ll be fairly dirty as soon as they leave the pavement.

I don’t have any new ones, but have some used Paselas in my stash. Let me know if you can’t find any, @Roger M.
Old 08-23-21, 03:09 PM
nlerner

Roger, here’s what I found: wire bead, definitely used but no cracks and lots of tread. I can clean it up if you want me to bring it.

Old 08-23-21, 03:57 PM
gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1299 Post(s)
Quoted: 4678 Post(s)
Liked 5,796 Times in 2,282 Posts
Roger, here’s what I found: wire bead, definitely used but no cracks and lots of tread. I can clean it up if you want me to bring it.
If it's been aged properly in your Wheel Grotto, it'll ride like silk but wear like iron.
Old 08-23-21, 04:02 PM
Roger M
Banned.

Neal, that would be great! If you don't mind hauling it across the country. I will gladly hand you a stack of freshest greenbacks.

And to Mountaindave, I appreciate the offer(& should probably buy one of yours as well for backup during the ride).

Much appreciated!
Old 08-23-21, 04:43 PM
nlerner

Originally Posted by gugie
If it's been aged properly in your Wheel Grotto, it'll ride like silk but wear like iron.
It's definitely climate controlled down there, meaning stored in a damp, 170-year old basement.
Likes For nlerner:
Old 08-23-21, 04:45 PM
nlerner

Neal, that would be great! If you don't mind hauling it across the country. I will gladly hand you a stack of freshest greenbacks.
You got it! I'm hauling a bike cross country so no big deal to throw in an extra tire. And no greenbacks needed as it actually came to me with a bunch of stuff a friend unloaded when he moved away some years back. I would have put it on a bike of some sort, but I only have one!
Likes For nlerner:
Old 08-23-21, 04:55 PM
northbend 

Bikes: 1937 Hobbs; 1977 Bruce Gordon; 1987 Bill Holland; 1988 Schwinn Paramount (Fixed gear); 1999 Fat City Yo Eddy (MTB); 2018 Woodrup (Touring) 2016 Ritchey breakaway

Mentioned: 291 Post(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked 3,794 Times in 668 Posts
nlerner has an early lead for the René Vietto award....

Well done Neal!

Man I love Cino
Likes For northbend:
Old 08-23-21, 05:19 PM
Roger M
Banned.

For reference, here's the tire in question. About 120 miles at 70-75psi.

Thanks again, Neal.

Old 08-23-21, 08:56 PM
nlerner

^ Yikes!
Old 08-23-21, 10:09 PM
mountaindave 
tantum vehi

I’d be happy to give it to you. I need to make sure the sidewalls are intact.
Old 08-23-21, 10:33 PM
CV-6 
If I own it, I ride it

Bikes: Lejeune(14), Raleigh, Raysport, Jan De Reus, Gazelle, Masi, B. Carré(4), Springfield, Greg Lemond, Andre Bertin, Schwinn Paramount

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 312 Posts
For reference, here's the tire in question. About 120 miles at 70-75psi.

Thanks again, Neal.

I would send those pics to Panaracer and see what they have to say. Unless you were seriously underinflated for the conditions, that should not have happened in my book.

Lynn Travers

Photos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.