Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Foo
Reload this Page >

R.I.P. Meat Loaf

Notices
Foo Light hearted off-topic chit chat with no general subject.

R.I.P. Meat Loaf

Old 01-24-22, 06:13 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 195 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4386 Post(s)
Liked 2,418 Times in 1,568 Posts
I was pleased to hear some music critics on NPR compare Meat Loaf's "Bat Out of Hell" era to Queen's "A Night at the Opera". First time I heard Meat Loaf in 1977 my first thought was "Dang, he's our homegrown Freddie Mercury!" As it turned out bombastic musical theater was Meat Loaf's real forte.

Regarding his personal views, meh, I don't really care. Sure, I disagreed with him on many things, but that's also true of some of my real life friends (one of whom spent time in the ICU twice in 2021 with COVID). I've learned that fear and negative childhood experiences often influence seemingly irrational opinions and behaviors, but that doesn't negate their entire lives to family and friends. If they're friends, I'll try to find other ways to connect with them. If they're celebrities or politicians, my opinion of them means zippo.

Besides, many great artists and creators had sketchy personalities. Ezra Pound, anyone? I love Caravaggio's paintings, but the man himself was a jackass. Not everyone can be like Glen Phillips (Toad the Wet Sprocket), a fine musician and apparently one of the nicest human beings.
Likes For canklecat: